The next step.

Ben1413

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2006 2.0 tfsi Quattro avant and I'm looking to do a few more tuning mods to it. This is the car in question:

I've already had it remapped but it still doesn't feel like it should. ehat are my options for future potential tuning? I don't want to go down the KO4 route.

All advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Hybrid k03 route?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

have you done exhaust or de cat yet mate ? better induction if it can be better than the standard ? have you tried moving your seat forward a few inches ? feels rapid for a while, lmao.

I've been looking into exhausts. Miltek seem to be the only off the shelf company and are very expensive. Induction is still standard too.

What's the crack with S3 injectors and hpfp?

Ben

Hpfp needed for stage 2. S3 injectors for stage 3. And few other bits.

So what options are there for a hpfp? I've seen the Loba one but at £530 that's quite a lot.

Ben

Cheapest is autotech internals where you need to modify your standard hpfp around 260£.

Cheers bud.

What the hell are exhausts so expensive for these cars? !

I bought my milltek second hand for 400£ but i needed new downpipe for it what cost me around 200£. When i ask for custom exhaust cheapest was 900£. Maybe because is two pipes and not so many used on the market.

Cheers bud.

I agree mate, it's a ****** joke, my custom 3" one on my old s3 cost around £500 fitted and that included the downpipe, the a4's knocking into a £1000 which I thinks a ****** joke.

Its simply a case of supply and demand, there are very few decent quality off the shelf performance exhaust systems for the 2.0tfsi in both 2wd fitment and Quattro , so if you want one sooner than later and don't want to book your car in for a custom job then you have litle choice other than go with milltek etc.
I bought full system a while back for my avant from awesome gti, and still haven't fitted it yet, may not either as I'm happy with the way my old bus drives now.

Its simply a case of supply and demand, there are very few decent quality off the shelf performance exhaust systems for the 2.0tfsi in both 2wd fitment and Quattro , so if you want one sooner than later and don't want to book your car in for a custom job then you have litle choice other than go with milltek etc.
I bought full system a while back for my avant from awesome gti, and still haven't fitted it yet, may not either as I'm happy with the way my old bus drives now.

If you fancy selling it then shoot me a PM.

Ben

Is it a full turbo back system rob including the downpipe? Out of interest what is the price?

yep, the super fandgo full monty kit, its still as new and packed .
looking for as close to what I paid really so around the £1400 mark.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Cheers bud.

Where a bouts are you ?

if your in Sheffield or near by the try exhaustsuk all custom made
Just had mine done turbo back 3" £1.098
Can defiantly recommenced these

Rob do you accept... I O U? If so consider it sold!!

Reactions: Dani_B19, Charlie Farley and Stanningtonglen
Hahaha or you can buy from me all the parts. :-D

I would advise that you look into your boost hosing and Diverter valve 1st, the map is making your car pull more air in but added pressure will cause standard parts not rated for the new power to fail.

Your cars TIP (turbo intake pipe) could also be collapsing under new pressure from the map.

By changing your TIP, upper and lower boost hoses, coil packs, spark plugs and Diverter valve you will see a much bigger change than many imagine.

On my Stage One LCR I found this to be of more use than the milltek I put on it in terms of adding drivability and power.

On the exhaust front unless you do a Turbo back system with sports/de cats you will see nothing more than the map.

All obviously my personal experience and not fact of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk