The next recall...

Jemster

Reaction score
Anyone else had the recall done for "A.Servicing Heater Element" 80C6?

I noticed it outstanding on My Audi site and gave them a call last week, booked it in for today and guess who's getting a taxi home tonight...

Apparently although Audi UK have it down as a 2-hour job, the local dealer says the best they've managed has been 4 hours, the first one took 6. Mine's back together after a full day, but as they are also looking into the strange gearbox behaviour / heating issues / economy it's got too late in the day to do everything by 6pm.

I'm reading up on it and 80c6 seems to be a North America recall involving the Auxiliary heater. I must be mistaken, but I thought the UK cars had a "supplementary heater", not an "auxiliary heater" and that they were 2 different things?

Just interested in other's experiences of this one. My car has been having difficulty maintaining temperature and the Mastertech thought this may actually help the problem.

Yh I wrote a thread
On this a few weeks ago

Reactions: Jemster
Yep, just found it. Seems nobody had it done... or it’s so minor nobody had any issues. :)

Reactions: RSTHRILLER
Done and car's back... jobs a good 'un as they say :grinning:. Took them 5 hours, fingers crossed they haven't installed any rattles! :grin:

I just got this letter about my 2012 Audi A5 Sportback TDi. You guys sure it's 2013 on?

I got several letters about the Audi Emissions scandle fix which I never went in for. After reading some people reporting it has a negative effect on performance why would you!

Maybe they are just trying to get my car in to apply the Emissions Scandle fix lol. I presume they will apply the Emissiona Scandle fix if I bring my car in for the 80C6 recall?

Last edited:
I just got this letter about my 2012 Audi A5 Sportback TDi. You guys sure it's 2013 on?

I got several letters about the Audi Emissions scandle fix which I never went in for. After reading some people reporting it has a negative effect on performance why would you!

Maybe they are just trying to get my car in to apply the Emissions Scandle fix lol. I presume they will apply the Emissiona Scandle fix if I bring my car in for the 80C6 recall?
Not if you decline it. You can go onto Audi website and decline it permanently.

I got a call from local dealer about it too for the heater. Would take 2 hours apparently. Passed on their offer tho

Reactions: RSTHRILLER
Not if you decline it. You can go onto Audi website and decline it permanently.

The PDF outlining the procedure for this recall says there's a software update. Surely if you get a software update it will contain all previous updates...so I'll end up with the Emissions Scandal fix as it was purely a software update?

The PDF outlining the procedure for this recall says there's a software update. Surely if you get a software update it will contain all previous updates...so I'll end up with the Emissions Scandal fix as it was purely a software update?

I’d have thought that’s highly unlikely. There’s lots of modules, all with their own software. The heater controller is updated, but that’s it as far as I know.

2 hours is the Audi estimated time. Takes a lot longer than this.

I’d love to try the same car as mine without the emissions ‘fix’ as I bought it ‘fixed’ and apart from **** poor economy (which seems to be common to the 170 and 177tdi anyway, even pre-emissions) I haven’t noticed any problems. Anyone got a 177 tdi quattro in the Belfast area?

I got a call from local dealer about it too for the heater. Would take 2 hours apparently. Passed on their offer tho
Hello mate, apologies on a thread hijack, I'm just trying to get in contact with you about VCDS. Could you drop me a PM? Looks like I'm very close to you. Cheers.

I’d have thought that’s highly unlikely. There’s lots of modules, all with their own software. The heater controller is updated, but that’s it as far as I know.

2 hours is the Audi estimated time. Takes a lot longer than this.

I’d love to try the same car as mine without the emissions ‘fix’ as I bought it ‘fixed’ and apart from **** poor economy (which seems to be common to the 170 and 177tdi anyway, even pre-emissions) I haven’t noticed any problems. Anyone got a 177 tdi quattro in the Belfast area?
What MPG you see out your 175 quattro? Ive got a 2012 and dash says I get average 39.7mpg. Can get it higher on a run or sat behind wagon/bus on motorway, but generally give or take 1-3mpg from the average figure. I track all my fuel on fuelly app aswell and that reckons 39mpg.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/audi/a4_quattro/2012/carsey/432889

Hi Chris, you are seeing better than me, but I would do probably 75% city driving and 25% highway so that won’t help - you’re down as 75% highway, do you think that’s about right?

Also I’ve only had the car since November so I expect a couple more mpg once it warms up. My fuelly average over 3 tanks is 31.5 with a best of 36.

I know a place here that will remove the emissions update for about £80 but I’m kinda reluctant at the moment as I’m under warranty, not sure if it’ll mark the car with a td1 tag (i.e. tuned) and also don’t know if this is just normal for my kind of journeys. No point reversing it if it’s perfectly normal the way it is. One thing that irritates me is I can drive 8 miles, walk around town for half an hour, drive back 8 miles and in all that time, the oil temp never gets to 90. Don’t know if that would be in any way linked...

Erm, usually just leave whatever its set at tbh. Hard to say as my commute varies as work shifts. Early morning experience little traffic and on way home can be stuck in traffic through the small city. Got a decent 50mph run and a dual carriageway so pretty varied. Probably more like 50/50 if you work it out.

Rarely have the time with work and they'd probably end up putting the emissions recall on aswell. lol