the new edition.. 110 TDi Quattro avant

jbh

TDi lover
Reaction score
Website
www.retrobmw.co.uk
yea I know Ive posted these pics in what have you done today but I thought I would start a thread.

so here it is my new purchase.. it is a P reg but has currently got a private reg on it which is in the process of being removed.

basic plans for this week are

swap the wheels from the n reg
swap the centre console to fit arm rest
fit air deflectors ( still looking for a rear passengers side one? )
swap a few other odds and ends over.

im in 2 minds regarding the interior..
my silver car has the 1/2 leather from the qts which is in good nick.
where as the quattro has a really good condition cloth interior and the bolsters feel more supportive...

future plans..

source a drivers door as mine has a wee ding. ( im sure I know where theres one breaking the same color )
the wings are a wee tad rough so will check the breaker I know of if not ill tidy these ones up for the mean time.

not sure about facelift head lights.. I do like them but these ones are good and have foglights built in

car has covered 190k theres plenty of history with proof of a recent belt change and service.
only thing I can't see is an oil change on the rear diff.. ( is there a service interval for this? )
so any advice on this would be grateful

Reactions: spartacus 68 and ScottD3
Nice. I like the colour!

Regards rear diff - there's no specific time for an oil change, but at 190k its worth doing in my opinion. Drive it to increase the viscosity of the oil (if it's original it'll come out like Mellow Birds!) Remove the fill plug before removing the drain plug, just in case. Takes just under 2 litres. More details here: AudiWorld Tech Articles

I think the facelift headlights are worth it, but other than that - keep it original. The only other thing I'd be inclined to change would be the roof rails to the alloy version, but again, not essential.

Reactions: jbh
yea I do love the color. I had a passat 110 sport the same color.

the wheels ill be fitting are these

I am tempted on the FL headlights.

as for keeping it original.. it will get my s4 side skirts and through time a tailgate spoiler

im going to go looking and see if I can find a picture of one the same color with the alloy bars..

cheers for the info on the rear diff.

Ive always checked the fill plugs before removing drain plugs but defo good to say.

Do the facelift headlights and taillights. Car looks fresh after this mod. FL headlights on these models have to be first upgrade after you buy a car. It should be done together with front bumper if you want to have a fog lights as well.
But it is still best upgrade under £100 (without taillights). IMHO. :)

Nice mate, I do love the avant and sometimes wish I got one.

Reactions: jbh
They have projectors and overal just have a cleaner fresher look and suit the car more

I'll have to keep an eye out to see if I like them,mind you would they look out of place if I didn't change the headlights as I like the built in fogs

No they will look ok, but car will look older obviously. Here are the fl lights ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389259084692464

I was asking about the taillights are they different . I know the headlights are as I also have a 2000 saloon

Apologies dude lol, tail lights, not a clue. Mine are different to the early cars but no idea if they are fl

Regards rear diff - there's no specific time for an oil change, but at 190k its worth doing in my opinion. Drive it to increase the viscosity of the oil (if it's original it'll come out like Mellow Birds!) Remove the fill plug before removing the drain plug, just in case. Takes just under 2 litres.

well going through all the paperwork today ive found out that the rear diff had new seals and oil 60k ago.

the car appears to have had been looked well after in its life

FL tail lights have a clearer glass and reverse part is clear glass.

FL

Pre-FL

Not a much difference, but people like me recognize the difference in second. :)
BTW, I've got a pair of PFL taillights for sale if anyone interested. :)

Just forgot to ask, have you realized, that your silver car has two doors from a FL model fitted? But the front wing is still PFL and the middle door trim does not match each other? :?

Last edited:
Just forgot to ask, have you realized, that your silver car has two doors from a FL model fitted? But the front wing is still PFL and the middle door trim does not match each other? :?

yea all 4 doors are FL I had sourced a set of FL wings to be fitted as well and have all the FL trims to fit.
the silver s4 trims on the bottom are getting removed and ill fit the black ones to it. as plans are to use the s4 bottom trims and side skirts on to the quattro once ive got them painted to match.

I think I'll keep my pre-fl taillights as I like the smoked reverse glass

A few of the FL avant owners swap to the PFL tail lights but the FL fronts are a must on any PFL !!

Also put a facelift battery panel/Scuttle on and maybe a facelift centre console/dash along with the TQS interior.

ive got the TQS interior in my silver avant and have the facelift battery panel Scuttle sitting to go on.

Im still in 2 minds to swap the interior as the cloth thats in the quattro is in realy good condition and the bolsters seem a bit firmer than the ones on the TQS interior

You need the recaro TQS seats with the bigger bolsters :thumbsup:

Put the TQS in and sell the original one to fund for some more mods !!

yea sadly its not the recaro TQS interior ive got if it was it would be in..

Im starting to think the TQS interior will go in though. its just that bit nicer with it having the leather bolsters

Ive just secured a set of 2.5 tdi injectors :eyebrows:
so hopefully that should make a nice difference to the old girl.

I can also lay my hands on another set..
ive been told £30 each which is a bit better than what they're doing on eBay.

also ive got a 130 turbo so im wondering if this is a worthwhile swap.

The injectors you need are from the 2.5TDI 5 cylinder van engine, not the V6 AFAIK.

I've got a pair of FL rear lights that i'm about to put on ebay, you can make an offer if you like.

You defo need some newer headlights, either FL, or S4 Xenons.

Are the wheels on the silver car spaced out or something? They dont look like they fit properly?

You defo need some newer headlights, either FL, or S4 Xenons.

Are the wheels on the silver car spaced out or something? They dont look like they fit properly?

I would love a set of s4 Xenons..

not sure on the wheels as there not spaced out and there the same offset off the wheels that came off.
maybe the angle of the picture im not sure.

I forgot I had this thread here..

so a few updates..
I sourced a set PFL s4 xenons so I got them fitted.
fitted air deflectors.
changed both rear springs and shockies just standard springs but s4 shockies
fitted my 17's they need a refurb but this will need to wait.
few pics

wee update...

Ive replaced the near side wing still have the off side one to do. ive also got 2 rear doors in the correct colour to get fitted.
ive fitted a set of s4 Avus wheels.
20150214_162300_zps085c5356.jpg

20150214_164534_zps667ca07c.jpg

Reactions: MaverickTDi
Looks good but needs lower :)

Would you consider selling your other alloys?
yip they will be getting sold. there's a 5th but im needing to get it checked as im not 100% sure if its the wheel or the tyre as when it was fitted there was a wobble. but the 4 that were on the car are all straight but do need a refurb.
the 4 that were on the car all balanced up fine recently when I went from 235 to 225 width.