Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Also surprised with the VC not being available individually. The VC is standard on the TT and then it is a further £1490 to get the sat nav and audi connect, expected them to follow this recipe with all models and completely supersede analogue dials across the range.

Mmmm It's weird... Why would the VC be listed as a £450 option if the configurator forces you to spec the Tech Pack Advanced for £1395 which makes it a £400 option! (£995 Tech Pack + £400 VC = £1395 Tech Pack Advanced)
I swear it could be selected on its own for £450 a while back!! (or I played too many times with the configurator and got confused)

This is what I'm thinking, why even offer it on it's own when you have to have the pack?

The above re wheels difference is crazy. How can Audi UK justify that difference?

Perhaps would just see if could order from Audi EU and sell the standard but guessing they would charge you through the nose too if just bought wheels on own rather than option.

This is what I'm thinking, why even offer it on it's own when you have to have the pack?

The above re wheels difference is crazy. How can Audi UK justify that difference?

Perhaps would just see if could order from Audi EU and sell the standard but guessing they would charge you through the nose too if just bought wheels on own rather than option.

For £2,500 the V-spoke wheels will most probably come with mag ride.
This is what they do on the Golf GTI CS, you can't select the 19" Pretoria wheels without DCC (same as mag ride?) and cost is £2,480. On the Golf R the Pretoria without DCC are £900.

For £2,500 the V-spoke wheels will most probably come with mag ride.
This is what they do on the Golf GTI CS, you can't select the 19" Pretoria wheels without DCC (same as mag ride?) and cost is £2,480. On the Golf R the Pretoria without DCC are £900.
Nope. It's £2,500 for the wheels + £995 for Magride.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Also surprised with the VC not being available individually. The VC is standard on the TT and then it is a further £1490 to get the sat nav and audi connect, expected them to follow this recipe with all models and completely supersede analogue dials across the range.

The TT is a entirely different kettle of fish and a more expensive one at that...so be sure Audi have incorporated into its price,its £1490...for the Technology Package...its not just sat nav..why cant you option the VC...alone,?its Audi your talking about,the same as you cant option 19"s on a sportback without paying for Magride..etc...etc...analogue dials will be about for a good long time...VC is just a expensive gimmick so is Audi Connect

Perhaps the Fairies are the ones looking at them:tongueout:

Nope. It's £2,500 for the wheels + £995 for Magride.

Choice you made:
  • 19" '5-V spoke' design alloy wheels in matt titanium look, diamond cut finish with 8.0J 235/35 R19 wheels
    + 2,500.00 GBP
Must be combined with additional equipment:
  • Remove 18” ‘10-spoke’ design alloy wheels in matt titanium look, diamond cut finish with 7.5J 225/40 R18 tyres
    - 450.00 GBP
  • Add Audi Magnetic Ride
    + 995.00 GBP
Total number of customisations you have made: + 3,045.00 GBP:wtf:

At least they give you £450 back off the 18's!

Perhaps the Fairies are the ones looking at them:tongueout:

Jeezus...Dave...ye wanna join the banter gang....lol...them wheels are horrid...totally out of character of the A3's design,and just for once l agree with ya...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Choice you made:
  • 19" '5-V spoke' design alloy wheels in matt titanium look, diamond cut finish with 8.0J 235/35 R19 wheels
    + 2,500.00 GBP
Must be combined with additional equipment:
  • Remove 18” ‘10-spoke’ design alloy wheels in matt titanium look, diamond cut finish with 7.5J 225/40 R18 tyres
    - 450.00 GBP
  • Add Audi Magnetic Ride
    + 995.00 GBP
Total number of customisations you have made: + 3,045.00 GBP:wtf:

At least they give you £450 back off the 18's!
Yes but these 18" are the 10-spoke ones not the standard ones... From standard to Magride + 19" 5-V spoke it'll cost you £3,495

Reactions: S Liner
Yes but these 18" are the 10-spoke ones not the standard ones... From standard to Magride + 19" 5-V spoke it'll cost you £3,495

Must of had the 10 spokes chosen, just saw 18" and presumed they meant the standard 18s.

Fir one minute there, l thought there was gonna be a...Mexican optional Alloy wheel stand off...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
The TT is a entirely different kettle of fish and a more expensive one at that...so be sure Audi have incorporated into its price,its £1490...for the Technology Package...its not just sat nav..why cant you option the VC...alone,?its Audi your talking about,the same as you cant option 19"s on a sportback without paying for Magride..etc...etc...analogue dials will be about for a good long time...VC is just a expensive gimmick so is Audi Connect
VC is the dogs ********! Combined with Audi Connect it'll take you to places you didn't even know you wanted to drive to! It'll be magical lol :blow:

Reactions: Scottyg and Jassyo06
VC is the dogs ********! Combined with Audi Connect it'll take you to places you didn't even know you wanted to drive to! It'll be magical lol :blow:

Aye...if yer where on Acid ....lol

Reactions: Scottyg, SpeedyFrog and James_TDi
Be honest with yourselves, you know Audi was wrong to keep onlyl the old GameBoy Color Advance instrument cluster screen, and give us A3 users 1 upgrade bump to VC.

When the A4 (the real predecessor not successor to the new A3...at least that how articles were initially describing the A3 sedan a few years back)

Gets the instrument cluster screen the A3 Concept car had (and of course the A6, A7, and A8).
mad.gif

2016_audi_a4_launchreview_16-0226-920x544.jpg

A3conceptcluster2.jpg

At the very least Audi could do is offer the full B&O speakers with the pop-up tweeters on the A3, and an optional white top dashboard over the default black.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Jassyo06
Be honest with yourselves, you know Audi was wrong to keep onlyl the old GameBoy Color Advance instrument cluster screen, and give us A3 users 1 upgrade bump to VC.

When the A4 (the real predecessor not successor to the new A3...at least that how articles were initially describing the A3 sedan a few years back)

Gets the instrument cluster screen the A3 Concept car had (and of course the A6, A7, and A8).
mad.gif

2016_audi_a4_launchreview_16-0226-920x544.jpg

A3conceptcluster2.jpg

At the very least Audi could do is offer the full B&O speakers with the pop-up tweeters on the A3, and an optional white top dashboard over the default black.
The Audi Concept car Assassin strikes again....Howz you and the Mushroom detox...gettin on...lol...Ps dont think yer tryin hard enough...lol

Reactions: Scottyg and SpeedyFrog
Gonna order a a3 sportback soon! Just got approval for a garage space in my new flat

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Max-Robbo
The MY2017 was released about a month ago so there won't be any changes to the golf until at the earliest next summer.
I don't see why the minor model year changes will have any bearing on the introduction of a facelift.

There is nothing official yet but various rumours on VW forums are stating that VW are going to skip facelifting the Mk7 and the next new Golf will be the Mk8 in 2018.
Well we know all about the A3 facelift. A quick google search indicates that the Seat Leon, Skoda Octavia and the VW Golf are also expected to get a facelift.

This is the latest article I could find. How's you German?

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-vii-facelift-2016-vorschau-technik-und-preis-5519781.html

"VW Golf VII Facelift (2016): Preview, technology and price - 05.06.2016
More Golf for the same money

Better technology, more features: With the facelift of the class Primus VW Golf will be even better. But the price remains the same. All about!"

I don't see why the minor model year changes will have any bearing on the introduction of a facelift.

Well we know all about the A3 facelift. A quick google search indicates that the Seat Leon, Skoda Octavia and the VW Golf are also expected to get a facelift.

This is the latest article I could find. How's you German?

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-vii-facelift-2016-vorschau-technik-und-preis-5519781.html

"VW Golf VII Facelift (2016): Preview, technology and price - 05.06.2016
More Golf for the same money

Better technology, more features: With the facelift of the class Primus VW Golf will be even better. But the price remains the same. All about!"
Has the Volkswagen Golf ever been facelifted? Can't remember them ever doing it. I thought because the model changed frequently (compared to the A3) they just went from one mark to the next. Correct me if i'm wrong please.

Has the Volkswagen Golf ever been facelifted? Can't remember them ever doing it. I thought because the model changed frequently (compared to the A3) they just went from one mark to the next. Correct me if i'm wrong please.
... no it hasn't. That is why some people are expecting a Mk8 rather than a facelift. I spoke to my VW dealer and he is being told there will be a facelift this autumn.

Last edited:
Reactions: nadsi77
Why, Audi UK, why?

I was going to spec Magride or DCC on my next car to improve the comfort. Then it occurred to me that there may be an even better solution from Audi - Dynamic or standard suspension. So I load the configurator and start playing. Dynamic suspension - tick. Then I wanted to tick Progressive Steering - must be combined with sport suspension. :/

Why does Progressive Steering need firm suspension? Is this another case of Audi givith and Audi UK taketh away?

Just when I thought I had my perfect spec worked out. :(

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Managed to take a peek at a facelift today (5 door S line in grief) that had just come off the transporter (so still wrapped). The new front looks amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Managed to take a peek at a facelift today (5 door S line in grief) that had just come off the transporter (so still wrapped). The new front looks amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stop teasing us!!!

A batch of A3 facelifts at Edinburgh Audi today.

image_7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MU57ARD
Very nice. Let's hope they come through thick and fast from Germany.

Some more pics for you guys....

Reactions: pburv
And the Saloon too, loving the Tango Red.

Attachments

• audi_a3_2016_11.jpg
    audi_a3_2016_11.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 400
  • audi_a3_2016_10.jpg
    audi_a3_2016_10.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 422
  • audi_a3_2016_2.jpg
    audi_a3_2016_2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 388
Reactions: daydotz, Gordo77, Daz Auto and 1 other person
What does the back button do on the wheel if you haven't specced AVC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Technology Pack Advanced on the A3 is much better value for money, compared with the £1490 Technology Pack on the TT. Also, Audi recently reduced the price of the pack on the TT by about £300. I currently have a 1 year old TT (S Line TDI) but looking to switch back to an A3, as the TT honeymoon period has worn off, after a year of ownership. At the end of the day, its an A3 coupe from the inside! I'll definitely be adding the Tech Pack Advanced on the A3... the VC is certainly a nice feature.

On the A3 you get the SmartPhone interface, wireless charging and embedded SIM with unlimited data so you don't need to worry about tethering the car to your SmartPhone or buying another sim card. Some countries are offering the SmartPhone interface on the TT now, but really can't see that working when there's no central screen. I reckon the multimedia tech on the TT (and R8) has aged fairly quickly and now the A3, A4 and A5 are ahead of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The interior pictures could be from a different car though? The seat covers don't look sline neither does the steering wheel...

S-line without a flat bottomed wheel and black headlining?
I would guess the interior shot is a different car to the S-line car shown in the exterior shots.

Cuke2u beat me to it.