Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Does anyone know whether the BSP has been discontinued? (I did try to search for this on here but only found 1 thread from Feb).

My partner is interested in also purchasing an A3, but absolutely hates the chrome so BSP is a must. If not available I don't think she'd even consider a purchase! (I didn't spec it myself, not exactly a fan of chrome either but not as easy to see next to white paint).

Thanks.

Does anyone know whether the BSP has been discontinued? (I did try to search for this on here but only found 1 thread from Feb).

My partner is interested in also purchasing an A3, but absolutely hates the chrome so BSP is a must. If not available I don't think she'd even consider a purchase! (I didn't spec it myself, not exactly a fan of chrome either but not as easy to see next to white paint).

Thanks.
Can always have the parts sprayed? Done properly it would look just as good

The virtual cockpit design is top notch it's well laid out with numerous displays available very eye catching indeed and go for it those who like it,l for one won't be there's plenty of other options l would use the money for or to put towards and it's one option that won't increase your car's desirability come selling time...basically a waste of dosh.Matrix headlights awesome piece of kit and to get the most from them the Technology Package box must be ticked,advanced key.... Is in the same league as the virtual cockpit....l would rather concentrate on making the exterior of my car more individual than all the rest...privacy glass/pano-roof big alloys maybe some carbon fibre door mirrors and oh l almost forgot add magride to non magride cars

Reactions: Rob2k68

Thanks.

Not sure to be honest. As below, somebody uploaded a picture of an A3 Saloon with it on, But cant choose it as an option on the configurator :disappointed: Don't even think the German version has it! I don't see the logic in not offering it! I was pretty keen on having it myself, Always found chrome a little naff!

20160511_225728-png.90948

The virtual cockpit design is top notch it's well laid out with numerous displays available very eye catching indeed and go for it those who like it,l for one won't be there's plenty of other options l would use the money for or to put towards and it's one option that won't increase your car's desirability come selling time...basically a waste of dosh.Matrix headlights awesome piece of kit and to get the most from them the Technology Package box must be ticked,advanced key.... Is in the same league as the virtual cockpit....l would rather concentrate on making the exterior of my car more individual than all the rest...privacy glass/pano-roof big alloys maybe some carbon fibre door mirrors and oh l almost forgot add magride to non magride cars

Like i said earlier each to their own

But you say the VC won't increase desirability come selling time... this may or may not be true but im getting it bcos i like it not bcos the person i may sell it to will like it. Everyone likes different things, the pano roof , privacy glass and big alloys dont do it for me but technology does

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Pook

But you say the VC won't increase desirability come selling time... this may or may not be true but im getting it bcos i like it not bcos the person i may sell it to will like it. Everyone likes different things, the pano roof , privacy glass and big alloys dont do it for me but technology does
Yeah first Audi is a learning curve in itself we all go through it

Yeah first Audi is a learning curve in itself we all go through it

I just know what i want lol never made a mistake with anything i have purchased. I want it.... i get it. If i can say that without sounding like a spoiled brat lol just for the record everything i have i have purchased myself lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06

What technology is that? you mean the satnav and the Matrix headlights. That's the only advanced technology in the car,you'll get far more pleasure from the bang&olufsen than you will a gimmicky binnacle

Reactions: Primolak and Rob2k68
What technology is that? you mean the satnav and the Matrix headlights. That's the only advanced technology in the car,you'll get far more pleasure from the bang&olufsen than you will a gimmicky binnacle

Na B&O ? i dont want to bounce along the road i want to drive.... the audi sound system will do me just fine thanks. We clearly have different views of what would made a good enjoyable drive

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I just know what i want lol never made a mistake with anything i have purchased. I want it.... i get it. If i can say that without sounding like a spoiled brat lol just for the record everything i have i have purchased myself lol

Options are a personal thing but in hindsight there's a few options folks have chosen and regretted,there's a thread on here just for that reason

Each to their own though eh? I really love the look of the vc and i feel that i will benefit from having it on my car
I had the choice between an S3 saloon or an A3 saloon for exactly the same price p/m (S3 had higher final payment granted) as I was getting a replacement after a car rejection. The S3 was already built and didn't have many options on, whereas my A3 was a factory order with everything I wanted on it. Now many on here would slate me for going for the A3 but what is important is what YOU want on the car and what makes it work for you. To me the 6 extras options were worth more than the exhaust pops, but it wouldn't be to everyone. Each to their own eh :)

Reactions: glospete, richinsoton and Rob2k68
I had the choice between an S3 saloon or an A3 saloon for exactly the same price p/m (S3 had higher final payment granted) as I was getting a replacement after a car rejection. The S3 was already built and didn't have many options on, whereas my A3 was a factory order with everything I wanted on it. Now many on here would slate me for going for the A3 but what is important is what YOU want on the car and what makes it work for you. To me the 6 extras options were worth more than the exhaust pops, but it wouldn't be to everyone. Each to their own eh :)

I would have done the exact same :)

There is a lot of... 'What I like is the best, and what everyone else likes is the worst' ....on here. A shame really as it's the one downside of this particular forum :friends:

Reactions: glospete, H17YD L, Soulboy and 5 others
There is a lot of... 'What I like is the best, and what everyone else likes is the worst' ....on here. A shame really as it's the one downside of this particular forum :friends:

It shouldn't be like that. If u dont like a thing u dont like it. No need to criticise what other people prefer.

Reactions: Soulboy, Rob2k68 and jonnythefox

What benefits do you get with speccing matrix headlights in conjunction with the technology pack? I'm just curious as I have specced the matrix and not the tech pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What benefits do you get with speccing matrix headlights in conjunction with the technology pack? I'm just curious as I have specced the matrix and not the tech pack?

Taken from the Audi Glossary:

Dynamic lighting where the light centre shifts into oncoming curve as per steering angle – proactively if in conjunction with MMI® navigation plus and MMI touch

Reactions: Lisle91
It shouldn't be like that. If u dont like a thing u dont like it. No need to criticise what other people prefer.
Just start up a discussion about stronic gearboxes versus manual and you'll get all of that from the no clutch pedal brigade. It's as if life isn't worth living if you choose a manual gearbox. Then there are those who think that everyone should own a s3 not a saloon...

The tech pack communicates with the matrix lights ie type in a destination postcode etc the Technology Package package ie sat nav knows the roads ahead..ie curves bends etc and lights Road up accordingly the Matrix headlights uses a adaptive full beam system, l think there's 8 leds in each headlight unit,so each individual led can be told where and when to light up different parts of the road ahead by the tech pack satnav

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Lisle91 and G--Man
Just start up a discussion about stronic gearboxes versus manual and you'll get all of that from the no clutch pedal brigade. It's as if life isn't worth living if you choose a manual gearbox. Then there are those who think that everyone should own a s3 not a saloon...

Lol some people will never be happy

I wasn't criticising anyone's options just trying to advise,l couldn't give a monkey's chuff what anyone options on there car or what model they go for.knock yerself out

Reactions: Kugaman1, SpeedyFrog, lou15p and 1 other person
Dealer contacted me today to say my S3 order is now on the system, no build week confirmed.
That's with the lovely Matrix Lights and the exceptional Virtual Cockpit. :wink new:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
Dealer contacted me today to say my S3 order is now on the system, no build week confirmed.
That's with the lovely Matrix Lights and the exceptional Virtual Cockpit. :wink new:

Oooooo exciting! I got an email about my a3 today too. It somehow makes it feel real lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Oooooo exciting! I got an email about my a3 today too. It somehow makes it feel real lol

Got my e-mail on Monday and you're right it really does make it feel real. I honestly keep checking the tracking to see what the Build week is! I really should stop as I am certain it will still be quite a while be I get that nugget :blush:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
The tech pack communicates with the matrix lights ie type in a destination postcode etc the Technology Package package ie sat nav knows the roads ahead..ie curves bends etc and lights Road up accordingly the Matrix headlights uses a adaptive full beam system, l think there's 8 leds in each headlight unit,so each individual led can be told where and when to light up different parts of the road ahead by the tech pack satnav

Spot on mate thanks for that

Reactions: Jassyo06
Got my e-mail on Monday and you're right it really does make it feel real. I honestly keep checking the tracking to see what the Build week is! I really should stop as I am certain it will still be quite a while be I get that nugget :blush:

So do i lol this is the only time i want summer to be over with lol

Does anyone have seen pictures of the Rotor Grey seats? I assume they will be a tad darker than Lunar Silver but by how much?
I'm thinking of getting the "Leather/Alcantara with S embossed logo" with "Rotor grey with Anthracite stitching/Black/Black/Black" to make the inside a bit less cave like... What do you think? Anyone thinking of getting this combo?

Does anyone have seen pictures of the Rotor Grey seats? I assume they will be a tad darker than Lunar Silver but by how much?
I'm thinking of getting the "Leather/Alcantara with S embossed logo" with "Rotor grey with Anthracite stitching/Black/Black/Black" to make the inside a bit less cave like... What do you think? Anyone thinking of getting this combo?
I have been in a TTS with the rotor grey leather,it's nowhere near as light as lunar but again not as nice,search used TTS on the net you'll get it there mate

Reactions: pburv and G--Man
I have been in a TTS with the rotor grey leather,it's nowhere near as light as lunar but again not as nice,search used TTS on the net you'll get it there mate
Thanks mate
Something like that?

Attachments

• TTS-Rotor-Grey-Seats.jpeg
    TTS-Rotor-Grey-Seats.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 191
Not too sure on that to be honest, looks a bit too 'in the middle' for me

Either needs to be lighter or darker

Thanks mate
Something like that?
Yup it's more like a stone coloured leather it looks better far better with the naked and adds some contrast on the door cards and centre console

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and SpeedyFrog
He probably meant 'with the naked eye...' :readit:

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Max-Robbo and 1 other person