Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

FL S3 310bhp Non FL RS3 367bhp - FL is all about the engine the looks will grow on you ;o)

Them silly headlights "A4" on the new lmproved product car...really annoy me and once something annoys me that's it....you're/RS3 led headlights look far better aesthetically....the noise of the current car is more than enough for me, here l go again my ooown..goin, down only road av ever known..... lol Whitesnake...l dont do things by halves..ie naff spec cars...anyways av got a 7 week window to finally decide what l am doing and 2 out them 7 weeks l am in Da Caribbean Maan...Catch me Si...lol as soon as l come back from there, the Executive decision will be made

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and Rob2k68
@jassyo06

the current LED lights are superb IMO.
not only is the light they give off superb, they look frickin super cool & futuristic too ...

The DRL's changing to indicators looks equally cool too :sunglasses:

Reactions: glospete, TDI-line, Simon L and 4 others
Agree ...I loved my led headlights!!!

Reactions: glospete, pburv, Jassyo06 and 2 others
If everyone delayed buying a car in fear of a facelift model coming out there won't be many new cars out..:shrug:
As for ordering a new RS3 before any facelift release personally it wouldn't bother me at all as I'm sure that both the current RS and the future RS are epic cars and wouldn't disappoint their very lucky owners(really I'm not jealous at all:sorry:)...However if the saloon was available at the same time as the sportback saloon then purely down to personal taste I would go for the saloon....If I had the money right now I would get the current RS in a heart beat and the added bonus would be the hope that the dealers would give good discounts as I would imagine when the facelift does eventually come out there won't be such good deals available....:friends:

Reactions: Simon L, WarwickL, S3 Turbo and 2 others
rather hoping that the new design alloy wheels for the a3 sport trim are not the same as the a4 sport ones as I am not over keen on them!

The new front grill looks like they robbed it from a Hyundai......

Reactions: gamegenie, WarwickL, Rob2k68 and 3 others
The new front grill looks like they robbed it from a Hyundai......
...and the headlight shape appears to have come from a Vauxhall Corsa, a car which I've recenty discovered it is entirely possible to spend £26k on if you're 1) a bit happy with the options list, 2) a complete and utter moron, & 3) in clear need of sectioning under the Mental Health Act.

Reactions: Daveotto, Scottyg, pburv and 3 others
26k , for a vxr with chocolate Pistons !

Reactions: pburv
German colours, ours should be similar I guess. Looks like Sepang Blue is being replaced with Ara Blue then? Although it's listed as Metallic not Crystal Effect...? Build week seems a bit early!

Also no Misano Red!

Attachments

• A3.png
    A3.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 409
Reactions: TDI-line and Rob2k68
German colours, ours should be similar I guess. Looks like Sepang Blue is being replaced with Ara Blue then? Although it's listed as Metallic not Crystal Effect...? Build week seems a bit early!

Also no Misano Red!

Good find....that doesn't make my decision any easier (cancel PFL or not)...assuming the UK is the same...Misano and Daytona used to be the only pearl colours.?..I thought Mythos was a metallic not a pearl?...

Last edited:
Good find....that doesn't make my decision any easier (cancel PFL or not)...assuming the UK is the same...Misano and Daytona used to be the only pearl colours.?..I thought Phantom was a metallic not a pearl?...
I can't see Phantom in the list? Panther black?

neither can i lol...doh

Started to post on another topic and suddenly thought Panther...did i just say Panther......Mythos is what I meant....Mythos!

Is Mythos a pearl?

ha I have just edited it!..making my last post and yours meaningless...lol

neither can i lol...doh

Started to post on another topic and suddenly thought Panther...did i just say Panther......Mythos is what I meant....Mythos!

Is Mythos a pearl?
Hah, close enough! According to the old A3 brochure, Mythos is a metallic paint, must have been a typo sorry!

So...I assume still two free colours......Cosmos Blue (was widely advertised as Cosmic Blue)...that's an unknown..anyone know what Cosmos Blue is?..

So...I assume still two free colours......Cosmos Blue (was widely advertised as Cosmic Blue)...that's an unknown..anyone know what Cosmos Blue is?..
It'll be Cosmic Blue, whatever was advertised in the UK release, I'm just lazy and didn't correct the google translation of the german document :)

ah....I have seen Cosmos Blue stated on another site ...thought it could have been true....cosmiccc...shocked that they dropped Misano...although Tango is close...

So are you guys selling your current 8Vs for these facelifts? or are there people here who are new/late to the 8V and jumped on board.

I'm torn now. Between the RS3 in the facelift form, or the A5 Sportback that has been reported will finally come to the United States when the B9 gen arrives.

Nope, bought a big turbo and a pair of recaros instead.
I don't need a lcd display, I need it to drive well and entertain me.
Looks lovely the facelift though, but I would only sell of a whole new model in 3-4 years time.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
Nope, bought a big turbo and a pair of recaros instead.
I don't need a lcd display, I need it to drive well and entertain me.
Looks lovely the facelift though, but I would only sell of a whole new model in 3-4 years time.

................you'll need that long to fund the next lot of mods.....................:whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
sepang blue being dropped will upset a few people.

Reactions: JohnM100, azibux1, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Who do you mean....?:whistle2:
Maybe now it will be an exclusive colour....lol:haha:

It was a Exclusive paint colour before Audi fired it on to the S3 in MY2014 cars
I don't see any reason why Audi should not keep the best colours for the S3 anyway to have something unique from the rest of the range

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
It was a Exclusive paint colour before Audi fired it on to the S3 in MY2014 cars
I don't see any reason why Audi should not keep the best colours for the S3 anyway to have something unique from the rest of the range
You are going to have to go through sepang 'cold turkey' ..lol:friends:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68

Also no Misano Red!

Colour line up looks better....which muppet will be this first to have a vegas yellow car on here l wonder:wtf:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Snake Pliskin and pburv
@jassyo06

the current LED lights are superb IMO.
not only is the light they give off superb, they look frickin super cool & futuristic too ...

View attachment 88141

View attachment 88142

The DRL's changing to indicators looks equally cool too :sunglasses:
Now the light they give off might not be the best... at least according to IIHS which rated the LED's a P-Poor rating over the Xenons that got a A-Acceptable rating http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/audi/a3-4-door-sedan

I agree completely that the LED headlights look alone set the 8V apart. A signature look.

Not sure why Audi decided to dumb the look down to looking like a poorer A4 version of LEDs.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Now the light they give off might not be the best... at least according to IIHS which rated the LED's a P-Poor rating over the Xenons that got a A-Acceptable rating http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/audi/a3-4-door-sedan

I agree completely that the LED headlights look alone set the 8V apart. A signature look.

Not sure why Audi decided to dumb the look down to looking like a poorer A4 version of LEDs.

GOOGLES Translation.... appears to be confused with yer post mate....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
...and the headlight shape appears to have come from a Vauxhall Corsa, a car which I've recenty discovered it is entirely possible to spend £26k on if you're 1) a bit happy with the options list, 2) a complete and utter moron, & 3) in clear need of sectioning under the Mental Health Act.
Yep, you can do that, and if you then negotiate a pretty hefty discount via a discounting site or in person they'll lop the thick end of ten grand off. A top end Astra you can get at least seven or eight off and Insignias you can get a lot of car for the money. But...........they're Vauxhalls.

If everyone delayed buying a car in fear of a facelift model coming out there won't be many new cars out..:shrug:
I'm pleased I bought mine when I did before the price rises. I specced the new one with my options and it has gone up significantly. Even with a discount that's not insignificant and I don't see what I'm getting for the money. The new indicator effects look cool I suppose, but that's about it really.

I'm pleased I bought mine when I did before the price rises. I specced the new one with my options and it has gone up significantly. Even with a discount that's not insignificant and I don't see what I'm getting for the money. The new indicator effects look cool I suppose, but that's about it really.

Where did you spec the price for the new one?

You can option this car from the day of release and in the UK it's next month?

The trick is to first...

I think your dosage of meds have been increased recently,and nobody has told ya always read the label :slap:

eat a whole bunch of jelly beans.

FNM_040113-ITK-Jelly-Bean-Opener_s4x3_lg.jpg

Are you flying off the walls now? Ok, now re-read my post.

It comprehends much clearer now doesn't it. ;)

Now the light they give off might not be the best... at least according to IIHS which rated the LED's a P-Poor rating over the Xenons that got a A-Acceptable rating.

Yes, the 8V Static LED headlights got a "P" POOR performance rating, against the Xenon lights which had a "A" rating:
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/audi/a3-4-door-sedan

(^ Click on "Headlights" down the left hand side)

This does bear out our real life comparisons of 8V's with LEDs and Xenons:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/xenon-versus-led-headlight-option.219188/page-4

Lets hope the FL version of the LEDs headlights are much improved, and will at least match, if not exceed the Xenons.

Reactions: gamegenie
I think some people must have some $hi7 or faulty LED lights as I am very impressed by the light they give off .. they are superb and the whiteness and vibrancy of the light is superior to the xenons I have had on my last cars. I would not say the beam of light goes any further than xenons but certainly the intensity & whiteness lume is very impressive.

Reactions: Jiten C, glospete, Rob2k68 and 2 others
The static LEDs on the 8V just are not comparable with the 8V Xenons for brightness nor reach,
Photos in the thread linked in post #317.

And if you compare the LEDs on say a Mercedes A, or especially the new E Class, they just blow the LEDs on the 8V out of the water.

The E-class LED clusters are the market leaders at the moment, even surpassing Audi Matrix LEDs.
https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/me...ight-the-led-headlamps-of-the-future-e-class/

Last edited:
8V Xenon Measurements:

rPTDzvV.jpg

8V LED Measurements:

PLZUZp5.jpg

Reactions: JohnM100 and gamegenie