Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Assuming you order as soon as the books open, it's a month before you even get to know your build week. Is that ages enough?

There is a whole raft of new options available and the book is not open yet so the order will need to be reconfirmed etc.

There is a whole raft of new options available and the book is not open yet so the order will need to be reconfirmed etc.

What Raft of options are you referring too...matrix headlights and virtual cocka hoopit are the only 2 new ones l know about...par self crap reversing gash than detects...pedestrians....from the side...pray tell

Reactions: Rob2k68, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 1 other person
What Raft of options are you referring too...matrix headlights and virtual cocka hoopit are the only 2 new ones l know about...par self **** reversing gash than detects...pedestrians....from the side...pray tell

The options sheet whether filled with new features or not will be significantly different. Thats what I meant...

There will be cost differences, package differences etc etc etc. For example my original order inc. the comfort pack. This is now going to be different, assuming it's even still available as an option, as a big chunk of it is now included in the SE as standard.

It will certainly not be as simple as allowing your dealer to transpose a PFL build to a FL.

Reactions: Rob2k68
So are you guys selling your current 8Vs for these facelifts? or are there people here who are new/late to the 8V and jumped on board.

I'm torn now. Between the RS3 in the facelift form, or the A5 Sportback that has been reported will finally come to the United States when the B9 gen arrives.

Reactions: Jassyo06
There is no face lift RS3 yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
So are you guys selling your current 8Vs for these facelifts? or are there people here who are new/late to the 8V and jumped on board.

I suspect there's a mix of potential owners. I bought a pfl model only to have it cancelled by the dealer when I found an error in the specification. It was to late to change it, so now I'm getting a facelift model instead.

Reactions: gamegenie

Yes there is.

Right now you get to have the RS3 hatchback based on the current 8V.

While we are going to get the RS3 sedan based on the facelift 8V.

Talk about missed opportunity to recreate the A3 Clubsport Quattro Concept. The facelift ruins this.

And this is detailed officially? I haven't seen or read anything official about an RS3 facelift

TTRS is set to be revealed in Bejing at the Chineses motor show on the 25th of this month with an all new 5 pot power plant. F/L RS3 will follow suit with the same 400bhp motor.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and pburv
Obviously I know there will be a facelifted RS3, and i know there is talk of it having 400hp and that there may be a saloon model. I'm just saying there hasn't been anything official yet, and was more getting at gamegenie's statement that he is torn between a facelift RS3 or an A5 SB, I was getting at the wait he was going to endure being torn with nothing official from Audi yet!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
It will likely be another 12 months before there are any facelift RS3s on the road

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
Obviously I know there will be a facelifted RS3, and i know there is talk of it having 400hp and that there may be a saloon model. I'm just saying there hasn't been anything official yet, and was more getting at gamegenie's statement that he is torn between a facelift RS3 or an A5 SB, I was getting at the wait he was going to endure being torn with nothing official from Audi yet!

you can't get any more official than a leaked official from the heads of Audi.

Reactions: Rob2k68
you can't get any more official than a leaked official from the heads of Audi.

That's worse looking than the new face lifted S3. . Current RS3 Sportback looks better

Reactions: Simon L, Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
That's worse looking than the new face lifted S3. . Current RS3 Sportback looks better
You would say that wouldn't you.....I'm really not jealous honest.....:whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
It will likely be another 12 months before there are any facelift RS3s on the road

Yes for the saloon but the SB will be quicker as the car is already built. Maybe less HP than the saloon as the engine will be different.

Have I missed a post or am I the only one to notice that the FL S-Line versions of A3/S3 are apparently missing one of my favourite design features ahead of the front wheels. I know that the current saloon doesn't have it but I have always liked this feature and I will be disappointed if Audi have dropped it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, pburv and Rob2k68
I concur.
I'm happy America is finally getting a RS3, but I'm disappointed that it looks like that. That doesn't look like the A3 Clubsport Quattro at all.

but I digress.

The A5 Sportback coming to the United States in B9 form just sends lightening up my spine.

I surely thought this would never happen. To me Audi knew what they were doing earlier not selling the A5 Sportback, they were trying to protect the A7 sales.

Even though on the interior they looked nothing alike.

But the B9 interior finally looking similar to the rest of the updated Audi's it makes an A5 Sportback seem almost preferred over the more expensive A7.

Have I missed a post or am I the only one to notice that the FL S-Line versions of A3/S3 are apparently missing one of my favourite features ahead of the front wheels. I know that the current saloon doesn't have it but I have always liked this feature and I will be disappointed if Audi have dropped it.

View attachment 88053
the wheel well air intake? They compensated that by giving the face-lift that giant size mouth of intake in the front... that looks ooogly.

Reactions: glospete
Have I missed a post or am I the only one to notice that the FL S-Line versions of A3/S3 are apparently missing one of my favourite features ahead of the front wheels. I know that the current saloon doesn't have it but I have always liked this feature and I will be disappointed if Audi have dropped it.

View attachment 88053

The gill vents !!? - yep I agree they look cool.

Reactions: pburv
Wow. That car looks dated already :p

Reactions: Simon L, Brasso and Rob2k68
Does this tempt you 'me old mucker'??
Volcano red I think...Only £50,685......:scared2:
media

I like Volcano Red, think it's a great colour. Just about to brave the snow and clean the wife's.

However............

Once the proper pictures of a facelift RS3 Saloon are released it will IMO look vastly superior to the Sportback variant.
In fact across the 8V board for me the saloon is the car that turns heads, none of the others do that.

Couple that with the possible new engine and power hike I'd fear you'd fairly quickly regret buying one of the last Sportback's. Would take a brave (or silly) man to buy a Sportback RS3 now (unless a double figure discount is achieved).

Here's hoping the saloon RS3 comes to UK (and they fiddle with the damping).

Reactions: pburv and veeeight
What few RS3's are left out there, be it built cars or last few build slots, appear to be commanding zero or minimal discounts such is the demand for them & belief from the Dealers they will sell them .... possibly due to the timing of the facelift being later than the A3/S3 and unlikely you'll take delivery of one much earlier than end of this year ... & if that were the case I would delay till March 17 plate. Saloon should happen but again timing is a big question mark & certainly not till 2017. Sportback all the way for me though, proper hot hatch look & prefer the hatch practicality over the restricted boot of the saloon. The revised engine sounds interesting & I wonder where the manufacturers will go with power. The current engine feels crazy quick and the manufacturers quoted bhp & 0-62mph times appear to be very conservative. Some owners have recorded stock times of 3.8 seconds ! You really have to be aware of the power & pace of these cars :yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, batch, Rob2k68 and 2 others
What few RS3's are left out there, be it built cars or last few build slots, appear to be commanding zero or minimal discounts such is the demand for them & belief from the Dealers they will sell them .... possibly due to the timing of the facelift being later than the A3/S3 and unlikely you'll take delivery of one much earlier than end of this year ... & if that were the case I would delay till March 17 plate. Saloon should happen but again timing is a big question mark & certainly not till 2017. Sportback all the way for me though, proper hot hatch look & prefer the hatch practicality over the restricted boot of the saloon. The revised engine sounds interesting & I wonder where the manufacturers will go with power. The current engine feels crazy quick and the manufacturers quoted bhp & 0-62mph times appear to be very conservative. Some owners have recorded stock times of 3.8 seconds ! You really have to be aware of the power & pace of these cars :yes:

Do we think the RS3 SB will be announced at the same time as the RS3 saloon? Same power as the saloon so 400hp?

Do we think the RS3 SB will be announced at the same time as the RS3 saloon? Same power as the saloon so 400hp?

I think the sequence will be as follows ...

I think we will see the new TTRS announced first ... so it will get the glory of the newly revised engine & hype of its Mark III launch.

Then we'll see the new RS3 sportback re-introduced for ordering, with the same engine & same bragging rights to then beat the A45 AMG to Top Dog status again. So yes I'm sure it will have 400 bhp.

Then finally we will have the RS3 sedan / saloon announced & launched next year.

This gives Audi staggered launch events to create hype & buzz around each RS introduction.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I think the sequence will be as follows ...

I think we will see the new TTRS announced first ... so it will get the glory of the newly revised engine & hype of its Mark III launch.

Then we'll see the new RS3 sportback re-introduced for ordering, with the same engine & same bragging rights to then beat the A45 AMG to Top Dog status again. So yes I'm sure it will have 400 bhp.

Then finally we will have the RS3 sedan / saloon announced & launched next year.

This gives Audi staggered launch events to create hype & buzz around each RS introduction.

Sounds like a very logical and sensible approach.

I can't see Audi building F/L S3 and non F/L RS3 Sportback along the production line that's just a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Simon L and Snake Pliskin

I can't see Audi building F/L S3 and non F/L RS3 Sportback along the production line that's just a recipe for disaster.

Soo ...?am l better off waiting on a stock RS3 with a good discount or a facelift car to be honest the facelift isn't really getting me aroused In anyway,but l would gladly take the existing car at good discount 367bhp is more than enough for anyone there are a good few RS3 "s in stock but your getting gash discount if any next 2month's should be interesting indeed

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Wow. That car looks dated already :p

Gotta say I agree. The wheels don't help mind, I mean come on Audi I think 5 arm rotors have had a decent run now!! lol Amazed these weren't upgraded for the RS3 but guess they will get their make-over for the next gen. Volcano doesn't hit the spot either for me, looks the sort of colour an old granny would have on her Nissan Micra.

Agreed @SNAKE 400hp has to be sub 4 secs, not sure why they're underselling themselves but then again who cares their fast that's all we need to know!!

Reactions: richinsoton, Snake Pliskin, veeeight and 1 other person
Soo ...?am l better off waiting on a stock RS3 with a good discount or a facelift car to be honest the facelift isn't really getting me aroused In anyway,but l would gladly take the existing car at good discount 367bhp is more than enough for anyone there are a good few RS3 "s in stock but your getting gash discount if any next 2month's should be interesting indeed

FL S3 310bhp Non FL RS3 367bhp - FL is all about the engine the looks will grow on you ;o)

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

That's my thoughts too! They are made on the same production line so it will get the same S3 updates.
Seems like a logical approach about the SB first so maybe we will see the SB facelift at the end of the year with the same engine as the TTRS.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
....Agreed @SNAKE 400hp has to be sub 4 secs, not sure why they're underselling themselves but then again who cares their fast that's all we need to know!!

370bhp will get an S3 sub 4 seconds so you're looking at a good stage 1 tune :-

Assuming the FL RS3 is similar weight to the 8V 400bhp will have a similar effect :-

Reactions: Forbzeeee, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person