Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Interesting (but hardly important) that the fact sheet shows a new colour of COSMOS blue whereas it's widely advertised as COSMIC blue

Metallic paint.......l am going on rrp and now you're moving the goal posts lol with the government gash.....

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Metallic paint.......l am going on rrp and now you're moving the goal posts lol with the government gash.....
I'm not moving the goal posts, it's a discount that every buyer gets without negotiation (which was £5k prior to March) so has to be taken into account when comparing costs.

I'm not moving the goal posts, it's a discount that every buyer gets without negotiation (which was £5k prior to March) so has to be taken into account when comparing costs.
Ah OK..... Ye buying one like since its so cheap

The Etron face lift does look better than the rest, but they all pale in comparison to the cars they replace.

If KIA green lights this Novo concept, I'm jumping head first.

kia-novo-concept-revealed-seoul-motor-show-5.jpg

It In My Opinion, ^ this car looks better than any car out right now. Which is a crying shame KIA is not going ballsy to make this a production car.

Audi could win big to if they make the Audi Quattro Sport Concept a production car. Call it the A3 Sport Coupe.

Audi-Sport-Quattro-Hybrid-Concept-front-end.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Audi could win big to if they make the Audi Quattro Sport Concept a production car. Call it the A3 Sport Coupe.

Why Audi never produced this ^ is absolutely beyond me

Why do Audi keep teasing us with cars like the quattro concept & the Clubsport concept?
(Probably because they can!)
If they did produce either or both they may make some in roads into the losses that comes of the Dieselgate affair ...

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Why Audi never produced this ^ is absolutely beyond me

Why do Audi keep teasing us with cars like the quattro concept & the Clubsport concept?
(Probably because they can!)
If they did produce either or both they may make some in roads into the losses that comes of the Dieselgate affair ...

Yeah mate even the Bugatti Chiron,has copied them front lights

Reactions: Bristle Hound
also notice the grill on the Quattro Sport Concept.

That is the grill the RS3 should have. The A3 Clubsport Quattro has that same grill, notice it's of a fish scale-like design, not a honeycomb .

The honeycomb grill they are putting out on the RS3 look cheap. You can see right through it and spot the radiator.

Why couldn't they just spend the extra cost and put a legit cool grill like the concept.

and I'm disappointed at all those aftermarket grill makers copying the cheap honeycomb grill and not making a fish-scale grill.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
also notice the grill on the Quattro Sport Concept.

That is the grill the RS3 should have. The A3 Clubsport Quattro has that same grill, notice it's of a fish scale-like design, not a honeycomb .

The honeycomb grill they are putting out on the RS3 look cheap. You can see right through it and spot the radiator.

Why couldn't they just spend the extra cost and put a legit cool grill like the concept.

and I'm disappointed at all those aftermarket grill makers copying the cheap honeycomb grill and not making a fish-scale grill.

You are a Audi Concept car stalker...FUBAR...they are just for motor shows ya goat....not for Jo Audi Bloggs...that stalks forums...lol

Reactions: TDI-line, gamegenie, Rob2k68 and 2 others
This side profile looks good, I'm definately warming to the new front end:

Can anyone shed some light on this, I ordered the pfl with comfort pack and int lighting pack, however the dealer has confirmed that the lighting pack and most of the comfort pack are now standard on the fl (I will be getting the fl at the same price as I originally agreed).

Am I likely to get the cost of the options taken off the price?

Reactions: Jassyo06
No idea. Price protection exists on converted orders, but I imagine how far that extends is between you and your dealer.

This side profile looks good, I'm definately warming to the new front end:

Can anyone shed some light on this, I ordered the pfl with comfort pack and int lighting pack, however the dealer has confirmed that the lighting pack and most of the comfort pack are now standard on the fl (I will be getting the fl at the same price as I originally agreed).

Am I likely to get the cost of the options taken off the price?
The side profile of the saloon has always looked good :)

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, gamegenie and 2 others
The Etron face lift does look better than the rest, but they all pale in comparison to the cars they replace.

If KIA green lights this Novo concept, I'm jumping head first.

kia-novo-concept-revealed-seoul-motor-show-5.jpg

It In My Opinion, ^ this car looks better than any car out right now. Which is a crying shame KIA is not going ballsy to make this a production car.

It's not gonna happen.......................but if it did I'd be first in the queue, might even get really adventurous and go for that colour too. The grill is friggin epic! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
It's not gonna happen.......................but if it did I'd be first in the queue, might even get really adventurous and go for that colour too. The grill is friggin epic! lol

The Kia or the Audi LoL ?????

Audi looks like the love child of the A5 and a TT !

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, gamegenie and 1 other person
Reactions: pburv, gamegenie, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Looks like I will now be getting the FL! Just spoken to my dealer and i'm cancelling my week 16 PFL build and will be finalising my car in early May when all details (options etc) are released. Not looking forward to the wait however, I will be surprised if I get it before August :blush:

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and jonnythefox
I imagine many will wait until September for the '66' plates.

My agreement with my dealer is that if it gets made before august I will take it on a 16 plater, August the 1st or later and I will wait till the 1st Sept for the 66 plate.

I am hoping to order an A3 Saloon for delivery January 2017. I'll be trading in 2014 sports back. Has anyone any recommendations as to when I should start shopping around for the best trade in price and placing an order to ensure I receive the car in Jan 2017.
What's the average wait time these days?
Does it depend on model type?(SE/SLine/S3)

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be ordering around october time for a january delivery, at least that's how long it took mine...

Reactions: jonnythefox
Due a new car in September so hearing that first deliveries are expected August/September is music to my ears! Going to be waiting outside for the dealer to open on 1st May, Might camp outside overnight :tongueclosed::tongueclosed: That said i guess it only states early May for first orders, so might have to wait a little longer... sigh

Reactions: pburv
Does anybody have any idea how much later the 184 PS TDI engine will be released? Was this the case with the pre facelift?

Groundhog hog day.....same questions keep on getting asked and asked wish some peeps would take time to read posts on previous pages,instead of jumping straight the last page,then ask a question that's been asked dozens of times

Cars more about new expensive options than the actual car lads, so l hope you all have deep pockets to make the most of them

Reactions: TDI-line, Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Groundhog hog day.....same questions keep on getting asked and asked wish some peeps would take time to read posts on previous pages,instead of jumping straight the last page,then ask a question that's been asked dozens of times

Cars more about new expensive options than the actual car lads, so l hope you all have deep pockets to make the most of them

Well said Jassy......................aka The Mod-father lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I would like to think that the first deliveries would be reserved for those who ordered the pre facelift which were automatically transferred to the facelift. Id be a tad upset if someone orders one in May and gets it before my Feb order haha

Reactions: lou15p
Well said Jassy......................aka The Mod-father lol

Yeah mate but it's true....what really Have audi given this car? that's made it more superior to the existing car without ticking the £1000/2000 options box...even then are they worth it.....?virtual cockpit NO......Audi Matrix headlights Yes it's all bragging rights for down at yer local boozer

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Yeah mate but it's true....what really Have audi given this car? that's made it more superior to the existing car without ticking the £1000/2000 options box...even then are they worth it.....?virtual cockpit NO......Audi Matrix headlights Yes it's all bragging rights for down at yer local boozer

Again mate I agree, they've turned this release into a gigantic cash-cow. As consumers though we can either buy into it or steer away..................now doubt about it though there's a steep mark-up on like for like spec compared to this time last year.

@Spikeysam you maybe a tad upset mate but there's not a whole lot you can do about it! lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I would like to think that the first deliveries would be reserved for those who ordered the pre facelift which were automatically transferred to the facelift. Id be a tad upset if someone orders one in May and gets it before my Feb order haha

Depends on what model and spec and colour you have ordered..... Simples

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well If my build week is ages away I will probably walk away with my deposit

Assuming you order as soon as the books open, it's a month before you even get to know your build week. Is that ages enough?

Aaaah i see so even though it has allready been ordered (albeit a pre facelift) my dealer will have to put a new order into the system? I know the factory have tagged my order so I assumed it would automatically generate the next build date that was available :shrug: