The New Allroad Family Wagon

Jakes2514

A6 C7 AllRoad 3.0 TDI - Ibis White
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently part exchanged my A4 2.0TDi BE for a Demo Model A6 C7 Allroad. I really loved my A4 but because of an increase in family members we thought it prudent to increase the size of the Wagon.

So my old Lady:
29789620b69384f0b186c9dee196815e.jpg

Bought her new and she was a joy.

Then this rascal arrived:
2a268a7461b94f08aaa77f5ec8b80bd6.jpg

Him with the duty dog...
bcca55d5c707ecb1b6f504cbe77a44c7.jpg

Means that the boot of the A4 quickly ran out of space!! We went to Walton Audi to look at a SE model but found the Allroad parked in front if it. The wife took an immediate liking to it. We test-drove all the big estates so it wasn't like we jumped into it without knowing what the market had out there. I even made a spreadsheet with the load bay dimensions etc etc... ****** love a good spreadsheet me.

Anyway I digress, told the salesman we no longer wanted to drive the SE A6 but rather the Allroad. The wife basically told me this was it, so the same day we bought the car...

9eba865617998fe9203b8c56f5365294.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cata_adc, jojo, CHEZ and 5 others
Very nice, you both obviously like the color.

Enjoy the car.

Haha yes, we are both originally from South Africa and there almost all cars are white

Reactions: mcwharam
Howdy A6-ers,

The wagon came with only front carpets which I found weird but it gave me and excuse to get some tailor made ones.

4e6dcfb5183355b883e2722bef6d1e33.jpg

They came yesterday and as you can see they are slightly lighter in colour, I was choosing from an online 'pallet' of colours and obviously got it slightly wrong.
I was being a little tart and had the embroidery added they had 'AUDI' as a font option which was cool.

89e3fd84e2699854f3de49a67803051b.jpg

The back of the new carpets are also a little better than the Audi originals, its a rubbery non slip concoction compared the the material like backing of the originals.

9f4f2515c37dacf266adfc7e307229bb.jpg

So the fronts then

09ae0137da1054ad206be4648d73f0d6.jpg

75ab7bdd370c374af9a402eda0b0bd90.jpg

The nice thing is the driver side has a reinforced section for your heels.

Passenger front:

813fa42f9b16df8aba7d2bca89c3c241.jpg

ef26a17400e7eaf5b1cca5d6a5383fb7.jpg

And the rear passengers:

c5552188a1e18965bf7f7b3060ac8ad9.jpg

Didn't do a before because there were no carpets before. All in all pretty happy, the colour is a little lighter but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
The new ones also has a very secure clipping mechanism and the spacing was spot on so the carpets fit perfectly

Jakes

Reactions: jojo, Audimad, Rhyso and 2 others
Haha yes, we are both originally from South Africa...
I thought I recognised the foil sunshield :)

The guys at Walton are really good - I've been going there for the last 8-9 years - with my old TDI A4 and now with the supercharged snot-wagon.

Shout if you ever need a hand with VCDS tweaks, etc. I'm only 10mins up the road and in Hersham/Walton/Weybridge on the odd weekend.

They look smart! Got a link to where you got them from?

I got them from simplycarmats.co.uk they arrived within 5 days from ordering, I am going to get my wife's Seat a set from them as well

I thought I recognised the foil sunshield :)
Shout if you ever need a hand with VCDS tweaks, etc. I'm only 10mins up the road and in Hersham/Walton/Weybridge on the odd weekend.

Haha, yes good old foil sun shields - dead give-away for a SaFa ;)

Never really thought about VCDS tweaks tbh but thanks for the offer I'll see what hidden goodies are available and I'll give you a shout.

Hey guys

So the next minor addition i am thinking of is the two front wheel arches.

58b6124ff72ea11504a2e1ba5f3f97c2.jpg

I like the S-Line badges as I had on my previous A4 i just think it adds a little contrast... but clearly my allroad isn't a S-Line.

So i went online and got myself two quatro badges, the sale as the ones on the rear boot-lid

a9020695060b079f8a1c21f613259fa5.jpg

So what do you think... Or will it look naff...

e087f73454df58375865049ea0d502d3.jpg

Opinions appreciated

Reactions: cata_adc, DaveW and xpoweruk
Love the new car and family additions. Hope you enjoy the new car :) X

Reactions: Jakes2514
Love the new car and family additions. Hope you enjoy the new car :) X
Yes nice car. I also bought my audi from walton just a few months ago. My missus wants the allroad but i couldnt find one at the right time.

Hey,

So I went to Audi in the park and had a great time, people were friendly and there were loads of cars to look at... Not gonna lie but I think that every Mk1 TT in the country was at the show!!

Here is the Audi Sport stand... With likely the Only C7 Allroad at the show!!! I checked pretty much everywhere loads of C5 Allroads though ;) (For Sunday anyway )
82a218ed0cd16118ff6f6c21b225f3fa.jpg

Reactions: jojo
Si at the show i was chatting to some if the guys about blinds and they pointed me to a german aftermarket shade called Sonniboy http://www.windesa.com/shop/en/windesa-comfortdrive/sunshade-blinds/

They arrived today, ordered them on Tuesday from Germany!

So the duty pics!
Box as they arrived
57405c3a3536c90c6c81f3f2d63ebe5c.jpg

The sizes, rear window, back third window and passenger doors.
b7aeb3db1336a327b02fa55e95233ed5.jpg

They are made of pretty decent material with Sprung steel frames which allow them to 'hold themselves' in the windows. The passenger door shades comes with 6 clips (3 per door) but currently they are in without them. The clips allow you to have the windows open whilst driving which tbh with a 7 week-old baby isn't going to happen.

So the rear boot hatch window:
Without the shades and just the Factory Tint
34a2ef0a7611321904f8747cfa4defb2.jpg

With the shades:
a2ce638e29aaa2a3364d77e3af589b32.jpg

Passenger doors with only factory tint:
6a5240953b01f3161a43c6bf57209da2.jpg

And with the shades fitted:
deef2d9f5edcbc261c96582ed9fe37b7.jpg

Pretty decent I think, tomorrow we are driving to Blue-Water shopping centre from Farnborough so enough road time for me to evaluate them

Did a mega drive today from Farnborough to Kings Lynn in Norfolk. Left at 1430 and arrived at 1915, when we left satnav said 3 and 1/2 hours.

Massive traffic jams and a 45min stop over to feed the baby and walk the dog, so not to bad and 42mpg from the 3.0Tdi power house... Happy with that

bab44d25ffe0409569b48493f447edd7.jpg

Hey,

So I went to Audi in the park and had a great time, people were friendly and there were loads of cars to look at... Not gonna lie but I think that every Mk1 TT in the country was at the show!!

Here is the Audi Sport stand... With likely the Only C7 Allroad at the show!!! I checked pretty much everywhere loads of C5 Allroads though ;) (For Sunday anyway )
82a218ed0cd16118ff6f6c21b225f3fa.jpg

I was working otherwise I'd have been there!
Looked a good day!

Did the return trip from Norfolk this evening and decided to see if I can a) do most of it on cruise control and b) if I can beat the mpg, seeing as there were no traffic jams and minimal traffic... The results boys and girls are (insert drumroll here)

2518c80f6ee7be0c414ffc88e6864ea3.jpg

Success

Reactions: evans1089
Replaced my front fog lights tonight. Originally they looked like this:

df72424d8aa24f29d95890c724ac6b08.jpg

And after replacing they now look like this:

fd33e172806cfc6525022f1a5e19c541.jpg

Subtle but I like it.

I went to replace the Halogen indicators but unfortunately I was given the wrong bulbs. As you can see in the pic bellow a small size difference... I'm hoping to exchange them.

825612ecae4fa0af96b736489b978a21.jpg

Not been on here for a while, but catching up with allroads.

Like your old car and the new one too. I just wish Audi would allow a BE version of the allroad with black optics. Love your dog by the way. I too have Black Edition labs. ;) They're named after grandparents' middle names, so on that basis the next one will be called Winnie! Thought you'd like that...

I think the quattro badges on the wheel arch will work - I'm just not keen on the one on the back being black now; or the fancy chrome tailgate trim for that matter.

Your allroad mats seem a good idea and price, but I can't help noticing that they've capitalized all the letters...

Your latest MPG seems more typical and my 245 has averaged about 46.5 displayed MPG over its 3 year life. Realistically I'd put that at about 42 MPG allowing for the normal Audi 10% optimism.

Congratulations with your son. Both he and your dog will appreciate those blinds. I'm tempted by some - blinds, not kids or dogs as I've already filled the car with them. ;)

Reactions: Jakes2514 and Peter Metcalf
Great car Jake
What mods did you do or have in mind for the future?
I'd suggest a 20 inch tire to fill the Allroad wheel arches

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Great car Jake
What mods did you do or have in mind for the future?
I'd suggest a 20 inch tire to fill the Allroad wheel arches

Cheers for the comments.

Because it is currently under warranty I'm not doing much other than cosmetic mods, and subtle improvements such is LED lights (which i have but yet to fit)

The plan is to actually go up to 19" wheels and put winter tyres on the 18's the reason for that is the wife drives the car the most and she (and tbh i did as well) curbed the rotors i used to have on the A4 with its big wheels. Also as this is primarily a family waggon I have come to appreciate the noise absorption and ride difference of the larger profiles.

One the warranty has gone, as this is a 218ps version of the 3.0TDi power-plant I think a remap will be in order (or a tuning box) as i think there is clearly some headroom there.

Throw in some VCDS tweaks I think that will be about it. I'm in the market for a project car though and am currently looking to find a Mk4 Golf R32 to play with

Hey guys,

So I have been looking around for a different set of 19" wheel for my 'Summer' wheels. I'm fitting some winter tires tomorrow to the current wheels which are 18" '5-Arm' design. I was thinking of getting a set of the old 'Le Mans' edition wheels that the C6 used to have fitted:

s-l300.jpg

I found this set of gun-metal grey 19" rims. My current wheels are 8Jx18 ET41 and these are 8.5J ET48, not really dabbled in this wheel offset game before I would appreciate your thoughts about these wheels...
a) would a +7 offset be a big issue?
b) what do you think they would look like on my allroad

thanks
Jakes

@Jakes2514 been searching for some wheels for my car for almost 1 year. I recommend you to fit an ET closer to the standard, or smaller
My standard original R19 fitted have ET 43 with 8.5J
868bcf5eeeb71a0d580235cfd926c876.jpg

To answer you're questions

a) won't be a big issue you can fit them but I do recommend smaller ET
b) I think that you should be pleased with the look, we are humans we have different tastes :)
I'm ready for summer with ET35 and 10J wide

So i spent the better part of yesterday with a bunch of audi-sport.net blokes at a rolling road meet. There was some good metal on show with a few cars making CRAZY power!!

Well seeing as I was there i thought lets get it done...

4abe21a7bb8a58a35a9c874518b2be18.jpg

What do you guys think... not BiTdi power

Even if it's not biTDI thats a good increase and if you feel it while driving thats all that counts. Nice car

I say nice one.

Mine is being chipped by quantum next month.

242-300 bhp.
More torque and better fuel economy apparently.

I say nice one.

Mine is being chipped by quantum next month.

242-300 bhp.
More torque and better fuel economy apparently.

Nice i'm waiting for the warranty to expire then its of to the chippers i go... so it will be interesting to see your experience.

Just catching up again after ages away. Jake, I don't know if you got those wheels as there's been a change of season since, but don't forget the centre bore of the C6 was smaller than on the C7. I had those on my C6 allroad and it's a shame they wouldn't fit my C7 but I've bought a nice set of 19s and I'm going to use my other 19s (like cata_adc's above) for winter once I've used up the tyres. Considering a conversion to 235/55 19 CrossClimate SUV as I've been impressed with them on another car and I might run them all year.

My current aftermarket winters are ET45, but they work OK and on a narrower tyre (and wheel) they keep the sides of the car cleaner. A lower offset would have better aesthetics and allow a wider tyre to be used. I like to experiment and have fitted 245s on ET 51 to my SUV when the OE fitment is 215 on ET45. Just happened to have them and they work with less than 1mm difference in position of the wheel face.

It's interesting how some wheels look right on certain colours and I ended up getting a set of wheels that didn't look right on a showroom car in a different colour, but look great on mine.

I needed some blinds too for our most recent purchase and forgot your source. But I found some others that fit our SUV really well. Search "carshades" next time. They really look quite similar.

Hope the family's OK.

Just catching up again after ages away. Jake, I don't know if you got those wheels as there's been a change of season since, but don't forget the centre bore of the C6 was smaller than on the C7. I had those on my C6 allroad and it's a shame they wouldn't fit my C7 but I've bought a nice set of 19s and I'm going to use my other 19s (like cata_adc's above) for winter once I've used up the tyres. Considering a conversion to 235/55 19 CrossClimate SUV as I've been impressed with them on another car and I might run them all year.

My current aftermarket winters are ET45, but they work OK and on a narrower tyre (and wheel) they keep the sides of the car cleaner. A lower offset would have better aesthetics and allow a wider tyre to be used. I like to experiment and have fitted 245s on ET 51 to my SUV when the OE fitment is 215 on ET45. Just happened to have them and they work with less than 1mm difference in position of the wheel face.

It's interesting how some wheels look right on certain colours and I ended up getting a set of wheels that didn't look right on a showroom car in a different colour, but look great on mine.

I needed some blinds too for our most recent purchase and forgot your source. But I found some others that fit our SUV really well. Search "carshades" next time. They really look quite similar.

Hope the family's OK.

Hey

The wheels hVe taken a back burner, im on a long course 15months is and not at home during the week so weekends are family time not so much car time... though I sneak in a few hours detailing every now and then.

I think when my current summer tyres run down I will get a set of 19" and my current 18" will become dedicated winters... just need to find a good design that I like.

Family is going well the boy turned 1 last week and is an absolute riot... most of the time... the Lab has also submitted to being a Climbing frame though worked out that a lick to the face generally repels the boy hahaha!