The most recorded power from Ko3 turbos on a S4

adidasandy

Reaction score
As above, would like to know wht BHP people have reached with standard K03 turbos on a S4 2.7. The reaon why I'm asking is I'm pushing mine to the limit and if they go they K04's will replace them.
At the minute mine is running 352bhp but I'm removing the cats and the pre cats and replacing them with straight pipes, also have X! air intake along with Wagner intercoolers.
Will I see 370bhp once car is mapped with the mods carried out above?

352bhp is the highest figure i've ever seen for K03's!

Who has mapped it?

MRC mapped it a few years ago but going to try Viper tuning when the mods are complete.

dyno lottery ofcourse applies.

An actual 350hp is about all you'll get from K03's with all the bolt ons.

Yeah it's all on the dyno but if I'm maxing out now then these puppies ain't gonna last long, time to think K04's.

352 with standard precats+cats is simply an over reading dyno, no way in hell ko3's can push 350 through the standard pre-cats!

ive seen 352 from a ko3 car, but it had 3" downpipes, decatted and full dual 2.5" system, along with a CX racing front mount intercooler.

Ok just spoke to a lad who remaps cars and I told him I'm removing pre cats and cats plus getting larger downpipes fitted along with the X1 intake and he told me I won't need a remap, will this be correct?

you wont NEED one, however more power may be possible after the mods if you up the boost a bit, which requires a remap.

TBH aragorn I'm not after more power now as I will see very little if any gains with me still using K03's. Going to run the rest of this year (if my turbo's lasts) and then a major rebuild with new K04's, injectors, fuel pump etc.
Thanks for the advise.

Andy

the X1 is a waste of money, doesnt filter worth a damn, and the standard airbox is plenty capable of delivering enough air for your power requirements.

save your money and put it towards the K04 fund.

X1 is fitted and love it both looks and sound, performance I don't know but don't really care. K04 fund is getting there but in no real hurry until the end of the year.
Steady away for now.