1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Lovely clear night, grabbed a cheeky waxing gibbous...

Canon 50D, Canon 100-400L MkII, Canon 2x MkIII extender, 1280mm, f11, ISO100, 1/50sec
    [​IMG]

<tuffty/>

Jake 61, oli356, SteveMcB and 12 others like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

That's a fantastic picture Paul.

Jake 61, Ghost and <tuffty/> like this.
  4. Happy Grumpz

Happy Grumpz Well-Known Member Team Glacier Silver Supporter S-line owners group saloon TDi quattro Audi A4 S tronic

That's a lovely shot

<tuffty/> likes this.
  5. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Well-Known Member Sportback Team Sepang Audi RS3 quattro S tronic

Awesome shot!

<tuffty/> likes this.
  6. ACWKGYTO

ACWKGYTO Well-Known Member

Great shot....must have a good sturdy tripod or a low resting pulse, did you mirror up or not ?

<tuffty/> likes this.
  7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I have a Manfrotto 190CX tripod... but the main improvement I found was the DIY bracket I put together to help brace the lens/body and move the pivot point to get the setup balanced and more stable..

I normally shoot tethered either off my Android tablet with DSLR Controller or my Mac Air so mirror is up anyway...

The setup I use...
    [​IMG]

...biggest issue is how quick the moon moves at what is effectively just over 1200mm focal length...

Planning on getting a tracking mount this year and try some deep sky objects as well..

There's a guy on a photography forum I am on, uses a tracker mount and a Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope... his results are astounding... one day I might get that involved but its a fair trek to a dark site for me so won't happen just yet.

Have managed to get a decent milky way shot though considering the light pollution in the area I took it

<tuffty/>

45bvtc, Jake 61, V6_Man and 2 others like this.
  8. ACWKGYTO

Yeah theres quite a lot to moon photography

9. <tuffty/>

Couple of more recent shots...

A 34% waxing crescent...
    [​IMG]

...and a 99.7% waxing gibbous last night...
    [​IMG]

Full(ish) moons always seem to be a little trickier to expose due to the more harsh way they are lit... last night wasn't the clearest of nights tbh and there was quite a bit of atmospheric turbulence which gives a very 'wavy' view... focus was not as sharp as a result but there is some detail there thankfully :)

<tuffty/>

Jake 61, SteveMcB, Audi Bairn and 3 others like this.
  10. Happy Grumpz

Happy Grumpz Well-Known Member Team Glacier Silver Supporter S-line owners group saloon TDi quattro Audi A4 S tronic

the 1st one on your last post is a belter @<tuffty/>

11. <tuffty/>

Aye... partial moons always seem to present better detail due to the way they are lit vs fullish moons...

Determined to find a way to get over that though... using the tracker, playing with exposure and finding somewhere out of town should help...

<tuffty/>

Ghost and Happy Grumpz like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. <tuffty/>

Rare clear(ish) night so ran out to grab a moon rise...

[​IMG]

<tuffty/>

Jake 61, SteveMcB, Raiden and 3 others like this.
  14. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Ghost and <tuffty/> like this.
  15. <tuffty/>

couple more from this week...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and Sundays Super Moon...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<tuffty/>

Jake 61, SteveMcB, Ghost and 3 others like this.
  16. Happy Grumpz

As ever, great shots

17. Ghost

Ghost Booooooo! Gold Supporter

The BBC will be showing programs about the Moon starting next week.

Wonders of the Moon. Wed 9PM BBC1

Do we really need the Moon. Wed 10PM BBC Four

Nothing to do with photography, but thought you may be interested.

Jake 61, SteveMcB, <tuffty/> and 2 others like this.
  18. ACWKGYTO

Nice one will try and watch that cheers

Sandra and Ghost like this.
  19. <tuffty/>

Bit of a special one tonight... Lunar X & V are visible at the terminator...

[​IMG]

<tuffty/>

Happy Grumpz and Ghost like this.
  20. <tuffty/>

Clear night last Thursday so tried something a little different... used my tracker mount and Pluto Trigger to take 50 images to stack and process
    IMG_20181018_200340.jpg

This was the result...
    [​IMG]

Worked out better than the edit I did on a single frame... :)

<tuffty/>

45bvtc, Ghost, Ozmosis and 1 other person like this.
  21. Rabie2412

Rabie2412 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi RS4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

Currently in Austria and the Moon Looked Fairly Clear, So out with the Camera and Grabbed a Handheld Shot... DSC_3349.jpg