The moderately informational brake thread....

epytec say my problem:

Hallo ********

I'am so sorry, that you have problems with our adapter.

I try to explain you, A3 and S3 are not 100% equal.

We can recommend you to fit on the adapter, therefore we need the adapters back with a correct drawing, what we have to customize.

Or you can make your 100 days right of return and return the item..

superkarl you fitted 100% good ? checked centter alignment ???

epytec say my problem:

Hallo ********

I'am so sorry, that you have problems with our adapter.

I try to explain you, A3 and S3 are not 100% equal.

We can recommend you to fit on the adapter, therefore we need the adapters back with a correct drawing, what we have to customize.

Or you can make your 100 days right of return and return the item..

superkarl you fitted 100% good ? checked centter alignment ???
Mine fit 100%.

How wide are your brake discs? Measure with vernier calipers.

I would suggest taking the adapters to an engineer who can machine a tiny bit off to centre the calipers.

--------------
Hello **** Zoltan,

the Adapter is only for the A3 8L not for the S3 8L.

The difference between the cars are approximately 2,5mm on the axle.

-----------------

other epytec say
interesting :D
ebay auction, link this forum :) installed adapter s3 8l :)
and i think audi TT same :)

Evening all!

I have a set of GT Juniors that I'm slowly refurbing with a mate of mine and have a couple of questions...

I came across a thread that was going on about the difference in offset with LCR and Brembo GT Juniors, I never knew I'd require different brackets? Is there a measurement I can take out of situe to see if I have the correct mounting bracket from the seller?

Also, I require one new large piston, but I measured my lot as 35.95mm and 39.95mm with a digital vernier caliper. But in the guide here it states the LCR Brembos have 34mm and 38mm pistons, but I thought they were the same between the LCR and Brembo GT Juniors...

Any help on this would be much appreciated before I start wasting cash on this!

Mike

Mine fit 100%.

How wide are your brake discs? Measure with vernier calipers.

I would suggest taking the adapters to an engineer who can machine a tiny bit off to centre the calipers.

i think your brake passed because use diferent wheel bearing house not original s3
your TT type diferent number ETKA
my type original s3

original s3 : 8N0407255E
your maybe 8N0407255H
pictures see different heat shield

epytec support rubbish, **** :(
I do not recommend to anyone buying :(

Hello,

we have only this Adapter. Than we must make spezial Adapters for you.

We can make you two Adapter but the price is than 249€

The Adapter that you have you can send back and you become the money back.

The delivery time is about 5 weeks.

We have no adapter in assortment withe the measure that you need.

I am very sorry but the adapter is not fit for the s3.

should we do this with the special adapters?

Just have yours machined, easy and cheap solution, you only need 0.5mm, it's not the end of the world
not only axial need
axial and radial not good
axial +0,95mm radial +1,5mm

Attachments

• DSC_0451_resize.JPG
    DSC_0451_resize.JPG
    640.6 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC_0452_resize.JPG
    DSC_0452_resize.JPG
    609.9 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC_0454_resize.JPG
    DSC_0454_resize.JPG
    534 KB · Views: 381
position now its good
but i pay correct size PnP adapter, not this :(
epytec not user friendly and not correct, auction misleading

What discs are people using with lcr brembos. Currently have some **** godspeed discs which have warped so need to be replaced. Not looking to go 330mm, just want a decent disc that will withstand a bit of abuse, track days and not cost a fortune.

Epytec have been great for me. Always respond quickly. Obviously there's a language barrier but it sounds like English is not your first language either which will complicate things too.

Those pictures look fine to me? Does the disc rotate ok? Pad alignment looks ok?

What discs are people using with lcr brembos. Currently have some **** godspeed discs which have warped so need to be replaced. Not looking to go 330mm, just want a decent disc that will withstand a bit of abuse, track days and not cost a fortune.

Stock single piece ate your best bet.

Standard plain for cheap option. Ebc ultimax grooved did me well in the past. Cost more though.

Can someone tell me if rs4 b5 calipers is a good upgrade to my s3?

Hello All! This may have been covered and i realise, that its not much of a performance upgrade but would the REAR Lcr disk, carrier and caliper be a bolt on job on an A3 TQS?

This is one of the ones with the odd size rear as standard (I gather they're front lupo brakes if anyone knows.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon...073458?hash=item33af576932:g:9lgAAOSwYIhWiXi5

Advertised as fitting the S3 but im not sure if that would work the same for the q.

Reactions: SHUk
Those are S3 8L Lucas single piston calipers, do you also need the carriers as the rear vented disks are 256 / 22mm instead of about 9mm - the advert doesn't state the carriers are included - but does say "brake set up".

why are they so expensive for rears? I bought a pair of front calipers for £20 at Christmas.

Those are S3 8L Lucas single piston calipers, do you also need the carriers as the rear vented disks are 256 / 22mm instead of about 9mm - the advert doesn't state the carriers are included - but does say "brake set up".

why are they so expensive for rears? I bought a pair of front calipers for £20 at Christmas.

Its discs, calipers and carriers. Both sides, i was wondering if the spacing would be the same as i know its not the same for the a3 fwd and the quattro but dont know vs S3 LCR A3Q

Which is better the 996 fronts or the Or the lcr brembo both at same price. Also where can I get adapter for the 996 to s3

Last edited:
the lcr brembo's are tried and tested on these platforms. the pistons sizes are a good match for the master cylinder.

Both are equally as good to be honest. it depends whats available when you're looking, and how much you want to spend.

the 996 fronts are 'nicer', but require re-drilled discs and arn't such an off the shelf solution.

the LCR 4 pots are widely available with lots of pad choices.

It depends if you want to be flash or not :racer:

Tbh I wouldn't know where to go to get em redrilled. Looks like the lcr ones will be a simpler way to go. Cheers guys

Hi there I was wondering if anyone will be able to tell me how easy it is to put seat Leon Cupra r front brakes onto my Audi A3 and what I would need?
Thanks in advance

hi

there is here for sell an Brake kit, adaptors, 6pot calipers, 2 piece disc.

the pads in the calipers are from porsche 997, FDB4328.

Piston Caliper its 34mm, 28mm, 24mm.

Can someone tell me what car the calipers are?

hi

there is here for sell an Brake kit, adaptors, 6pot calipers, 2 piece disc.

the pads in the calipers are from porsche 997, FDB4328.

Piston Caliper its 34mm, 28mm, 24mm.

Can someone tell me what car the calipers are?
Do you have any pictures of them?

I need new front brakes, do Golf IV R32 / TT 3.2 ones should be a good upgrade on S3 8L? Thank you.

From what I gather no disc are expensive and not that good I think it was @NIGE28 who recently removed some r32 brakes and swapped them for LCD brembos on advise of others on here

Is there a upgrade for the brake master? Have mounted cayenne calipers on a a3 8l, and the brakes are not as firm as I hoped. Any tips? Are the S3 one better? The Car is a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 tq 180ps

You appear to have posted a link to the very thread you are posting in dear boy.....

Senior moment perhaps?

Reactions: superkarl and Tj 0785
You appear to have posted a link to the very thread you are posting in dear boy.....

Senior moment perhaps?
I would link brake swap application list but I made a mistake probably, I'm sorry.

Reactions: Prawn
Anything is a better master cylinder required?

The stock master cylinder matches the rear calipers perfectly.

Select a suitable front caliper and the stock mc is perfect.

The quest for a 'better' master cylinder only comes from using the wrong calipers IMO.

The only other reason I could think of would be to go larger to try and decrease pedal travel and I. Trade pedal effort required and this hopefully feel, but that's not something you'd find done on a road car

I know someone on here has fitted radially mounted renaultsport Clio Brembo calipers ( can't recall who )
Anyone know what's needed ?
Obviously calipers , mounting adaptors ( where from ?) can standard 312 discs be used ? Lastly what about brake lines ?

I'm running the Clio/megane calipers. It's certainly not straightforward fitting them, the easy route is to you the LCR setup.

However the Renault brembo caliper is a much better design, single piece, stronger and lighter too. Not to mention far more readily available for very little cost.

You can even buy them brand new for £300 a pair.

You use the renaultsport caliper with renaultsport pads, LCR brackets and standard LCR 323mm discs.

The brackets need a touch machining off them to tweak the offset.

I'll upload some pics later.

Reactions: basil brush, superkarl and vanilla_ice