The Missus and her fuel economy

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Thought i had to tell you this, the car is a 2010 1.4T Sline 3 door and the missus has just returned from a near 20 mile shopping trip on A and B Roads and the DIS is reading 52.5 IMPG as an average !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell she does this i do not know ???????????? The best i can get around A and B roads is 42/43 MPG.

Must let her drive more often

1st 3rd 5th? How much does she weigh?

Pictures of said wife..

Reactions: 55_UK
She says she's about 10 stone ?

HugeFatWoman.jpg

Reactions: quattro81, Harrelson, The Engineer and 1 other person
It's the way they drive, the missus can manage 35mpg from mine and I struggle to get 30mpg and for me to get 30mpg I need to drive like a granny!

I got 42 mpg on my last tank in a 2.0T, managed 460 miles. It's all about taking it easy.

36 absolute tops but then you dont buy an S3 and worry about petrol......i am told :)

Hmm I just had a 1.2 Polo as a courtesy car and had to go to Birmingham airport at night.
Motorway only. Result? 32MPG average!!! I think I need to get lighter shoes...

My absolute max was 63.8 over a 58mile trip. Probably the most boring drive iv ever had though!

2.0 tdi 140

i do about 62mpg on average in my 140 TDI on mostly A roads and some B roads... but thats London morning traffic for you. generally its around 50MPG on a mix of A and B roads

i get between 45-55mpg daily from my 1.6 fsi petrol granny driving ftw!! nowadays i just cruise around petrol is too expensive to put my foot down much lol

I could get 55mpg out of my 1.2 Clio if I was really careful: I tend to figure I'd rather drive a bit faster and enjoy my money, though.

My wife's the opposite; and somehow whilst she doesn't drive fast her MPG is woeful as her use of the throttle pedal is probably a bit digital. She used to moan at me about 26mpg; when she borrows it I've seen 23-24.

If you want a wife with lower MPG figures maybe we could swap ;-)

I managed 69.9mpg driving from Herts to Kent on the M25. It was soooo dull. I just sat with the lorries as I wanted to be late for a meeting. I'll never do it again though as I almost slipped into a coma through boredom.
My normal commute mpg is around 55mpg, but my tank average is around 50mpg. That's the M1 for you though. It forces you to sit at around 60mph at 6.30 in the morning.
It's all down to whether you drive with a sense of 'urgency'.

i get between 45-55mpg daily from my 1.6 fsi petrol granny driving ftw!! nowadays i just cruise around petrol is too expensive to put my foot down much lol

thats impressive i barely get 30-35mpg with my 1.6, but i cant drive like a granny at all, all on london roads with speed humps everywhere tho

I managed to travel almost 40 miles yesterday in the S3 and according to the trip and fuel guage used 5 miles worth of fuel?? I literally cruised in 3rd most of the time and didnt exceed 25mph :) just enjoyed cruising through the city, baring in mind it was 9 at night and the roads were dead, so I literally cruised everywhere, but was impressed to see how frugal the car was when I drove like it was 80.