The long wait

We are all in the same Boat because we are both waiting for an Overhyped & overpriced Car manufactured by a company with very little moral compass?

You don't know the half of it Fella...............
Overhyped and overpriced it may be but there arent many alternatives without going to M3 price.

Personally, apart from a couple of 2l diesels, i haven't had a car in 14 years over 1.2l (petrol) so despite the obvious shortcomings of Audi as a company, I'm still quite looking forward to a bit of performance and exclusivity. Even if that exclusivity comes as a product of Audi's overpricing :unhappy:

Reactions: Jassyo06
I love the RS6 soooo much. In fact I'm thinking which of my kids can be sold for medical experiments to pay for it!! :grin:
Internals envy for sure. Imho the car is way too big now though, my RS4 was a tight enough squeeze in car parks etc.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Internals envy for sure. Imho the car is way too big now though, my RS4 was a tight enough squeeze in car parks etc.

TX.

I know what you mean having had cars of similar length and width before and parking was always a pain. It's a dream car for me but as with all cars, there's compromise somewhere.

Reactions: Terminator x and Jassyo06
I know what you mean having had cars of similar length and width before and parking was always a pain. It's a dream car for me but as with all cars, there's compromise somewhere.
My dream car: RS4 with 5pot.

Reactions: Terminator x, Jassyo06 and IanL-RS3
Preferred over the V6 and V8? Interesting. My brother had an RS5 with the V8 and it sounded sweet :laughing:
yes, had the pleasure of urQuattro and urS6 with the 5pot, loved the unique sound. Main reason for me to sell the urS6 and move onto RS3.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Deleted member 160894
yes, had the pleasure of urQuattro and urS6 with the 5pot, loved the unique sound. Main reason for me to sell the urS6 and move onto RS3.
I can't argue there. I loved the sound of the V8 but the 5pot has a charm all of its own :)

Reactions: RS03???
cheers mate thanks for that insight and good to know.
to be honest the big thing which has drawn me to this car (718 GTS) is the 4 litre engine and soundtrack.
The added benefits are:
Build quality
interior cabin and materials
exterior looks
I've kinda always hankered after a Porsche and loved the Cayman from the 1st year it came out.
I also know the window is time limited to get one of these cars before they are lost electric.

Big problem with Porsche is the price is not set when you order your car !!!! Audi at least hold the price for you.
Porsche will charge you the price they get billed when it arrives at their Centre and not before, as i said earlier i have 3 price increases on my Macan and with my 911, my order was stamped may increase by 10% ( poss brexit increase) .

Reactions: 8YARWY
Big problem with Porsche is the price is not set when you order your car !!!! Audi at least hold the price for you.
Porsche will charge you the price they get billed when it arrives at their Centre and not before, as i said earlier i have 3 price increases on my Macan and with my 911, my order was stamped may increase by 10% ( poss brexit increase) .
Strange your now on/ordered a RS3 After a few Porsche car's....that's a backwards step in my mind never owned a Porsche but driven a lot of them in the past 2 years courtesy of my son....could probably force myself into 718 gts but l don't want to sacrifice £££ that l use for other of lifes pleasures ....

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and Mr Freeze
Strange your now on/ordered a RS3 After a few Porsche car's....that's a backwards step in my mind never owned a Porsche but driven a lot of them in the past 2 years courtesy of my son....could probably force myself into 718 gts but l don't want to sacrifice £££ that l use for other of lifes pleasures ....
When you get to my age (one week off 67) , buying and running a new Porsche on a pension is quite expensive when i can use my funds for holidays etc. It was quite funny when i placed the order for my RS3 V SB, the SE said pensioner in an RS3 !!!! I'm running an RSQ3 sportback at the moment !

Reactions: furious_iPod, AndyVWR, NevMan and 4 others
When you get to my age (one week off 67) , buying and running a new Porsche on a pension is quite expensive when i can use my funds for holidays etc. It was quite funny when i placed the order for my RS3 V SB, the SE said pensioner in an RS3 !!!! I'm running an RSQ3 sportback at the moment !
Yeah I understand completely where your coming from mate

Reactions: AndyVWR, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
We are all in the same Boat because we are both waiting for an Overhyped & overpriced Car manufactured by a company with very little moral compass?

You don't know the half of it Fella...............
Overly Hyped up car for sure and most certainly way overpriced but l have never succumbed to the hype and l certainly wouldn't have got this car at today's list price...but we are just rabbits caught up in the car manufacturing headlamps right now your 20% discount should appease you? us paying full list or ones with smallish discount should feel even more frustrated we all vent.....on here and it frustrating......ergo....

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Overly Hyped up car for sure and most certainly way overpriced but l have never succumbed to the hype and l certainly wouldn't have got this car at today's list price...but we are just rabbits caught up in the car manufacturing headlamps right now your 20% discount should appease you? us paying full list or ones with smallish discount should feel even more frustrated we all vent.....on here and it frustrating......ergo....
Over priced maybe but apart from the sound it's not over hyped atall. The drive is a massive step up from the 8v. That's why 90% of the reviews are so positive

Had a Daza engined TTRS along side us today, sounded epic, I think that car is the 5pot sweet spot in terms of interior and engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Talking about Porsche; about a week ago I got to drive the new Macan T, Cayenne Turbo GT, 718 GT4 and GT3 Touring. I had about an hour with each car.

Reactions: rngDeadeye, Terminator x and Jassyo06
''Porsche centre lock wheel tool''
Unless Porsche supply you with the 5 foot breaker bar and a (5 foot) Torque wrench that will do 450ft/lb i'm not too sure it's any use to the average owner?

• Haha
Reactions: Daggerit and 8YARWY
''Porsche centre lock wheel tool''
Unless Porsche supply you with the 5 foot breaker bar and a (5 foot) Torque wrench that will do 450ft/lb i'm not too sure it's any use to the average owner?
Depends how much you go to the gym I guess?

Depends how much you go to the gym I guess?
If you go on 'normal' wheel nuts at about 90ft/lb they're 5 times higher than that, our torque wrench for the race car was about 5 foot long, either that or a compressor and a £6000 air gun

If you go on 'normal' wheel nuts at about 90ft/lb they're 5 times higher than that, our torque wrench for the race car was about 5 foot long, either that or a compressor and a £6000 air gun
Just work on your deadlift and use a normal length torque wrench like a man. :tearsofjoy:

I'd actually love to see someone try it to be honest. My Ducati rear nut was 230 Nm and that was bad enough, let alone three times that. Hahaha.

Reactions: Mike.46

Lol nice tho https://shop.snapon.com/product/Bre...er-Type-Torque-Wrench-(100-450-ft-lb)/QB4R450

Reactions: Daggerit and Mike.46
Just work on your deadlift and use a normal length torque wrench like a man. :tearsofjoy:

I'd actually love to see someone try it to be honest. My Ducati rear nut was 230 Nm and that was bad enough, let alone three times that. Hahaha.
My MV was the same from new, silly tight from new

Reactions: Daggerit
When you place an order with Porsche UK you get "half an experience day" at Silverstone on Porsches two speed circuits, this also includes, the brake test area, skid pan , Ice hill and low fiction area. Where they teach you what your car will do , not really your car but the same model you are/have purchased.

If Porsche are looking for sales they offer the same but an opportunity but to drive all the cars in their range except the Cayenne , they drive you on the offroad circuit.

Luckily i have had three of these half days where you can share the driving and they feed you too !!!

Back to the thread, still waiting for my RS3V SB BW but its only been 14 weeks but it did go to "A" on the factory info last week which should mean it will be assigned soon.

Here you go @Mike.46

GolfMK8R ‘20 years’

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and Jassyo06
Good link :)

If you watch the two side by side the Audi definately has some understeer !

cheers mate thanks for that insight and good to know.
to be honest the big thing which has drawn me to this car (718 GTS) is the 4 litre engine and soundtrack.
The added benefits are:
Build quality
interior cabin and materials
exterior looks
I've kinda always hankered after a Porsche and loved the Cayman from the 1st year it came out.
I also know the window is time limited to get one of these cars before they are lost electric.

So how did it go snake? Or have I missed your comments?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
So how did it go snake? Or have I missed your comments?
The demo car is not available until next weekend but I still popped to the Dealer just have a sit in one this weekend. As luck had it, they had a brand new one in which I could view & hear start up ( GTS 4.0 ) plus it had the interior pack I’d go for so it gave a perfect representation of what I was considering.
All I can say is … how the heck have Porsche got this car past the opf/sound regs as it sounds incredible and the volume is bonkers - albeit you can run quiet mode for those days when you don’t want to wake the neighbours :)
The interior is something else with the GT pack. All the contrast stitching / leather / alcantara / race tex you could ever want - a beautiful interior & Audi should certainly take note.
The exterior is sleek and sporty yet understated without it having lairy spoilers so I like that.
That alone was enough for me to have confidence to commit there and then so the deposit has gone down and I’m test driving hopefully this weekend.
it will likely be 3rd quarter next year I take delivery so I’ve got a long wait but it will give me time to ‘enjoy’ the RS3 up to then.
So I’ll let you know how the test drive goes .. hopefully it will be good ha ha !

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mike.46, spookuk and 2 others
The demo car is not available until next weekend but I still popped to the Dealer just have a sit in one this weekend. As luck had it, they had a brand new one in which I could view & hear start up ( GTS 4.0 ) plus it had the interior pack I’d go for so it gave a perfect representation of what I was considering.
All I can say is … how the heck have Porsche got this car past the opf/sound regs as it sounds incredible and the volume is bonkers - albeit you can run quiet mode for those days when you don’t want to wake the neighbours :)
The interior is something else with the GT pack. All the contrast stitching / leather / alcantara / race tex you could ever want - a beautiful interior & Audi should certainly take note.
The exterior is sleek and sporty yet understated without it having lairy spoilers so I like that.
That alone was enough for me to have confidence to commit there and then so the deposit has gone down and I’m test driving hopefully this weekend.
it will likely be 3rd quarter next year I take delivery so I’ve got a long wait but it will give me time to ‘enjoy’ the RS3 up to then.
So I’ll let you know how the test drive goes .. hopefully it will be good ha ha !

Handy they had one in the spec you would want. I am a massive fan of the GTS in 4.0 guise

Reactions: Jcbmally, 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Handy they had one in the spec you would want. I am a massive fan of the GTS in 4.0 guise

I’ll be going silver again Nev.
Will look like this other than crayon contrast interior rather than red plus I’m going pdk auto ….

Reactions: Jcbmally, kayemill and 8YARWY
@Snake Pliskin sound or lack of it is weird I agree as Porsche still sound good as do the Merc V8's etc!

My 2018 RS4 was that embarrassing to me that I refused to rev it up for anyone and a lot of people asked!

TX.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Lol and there’s you revving the nuts off it cold

No lol … I was respectful and didn’t touch the throttle or even sit in it. It was turned on and I viewed only - it had all the protective coverings still on etc too.

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
@Snake Pliskin sound or lack of it is weird I agree as Porsche still sound good as do the Merc V8's etc!

My 2018 RS4 was that embarrassing to me that I refused to rev it up for anyone and a lot of people asked!

TX.

Audi have somehow managed to kill the sound of all their decent engines.

Reactions: Mike.46, kayemill, Terminator x and 1 other person

TX.

lol I was like that but after the A45 and this 8y I will happily rev the 718 for anyone and enjoy it :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
No lol … I was respectful and didn’t touch the throttle or even sit in it. It was turned on and I viewed only - it had all the protective coverings still on etc too.

Lol Snake be like……
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
lol I was like that but after the A45 and this 8y I will happily rev the 718 for anyone and enjoy it :tearsofjoy:

Lol….Oi MR snake, can you switch on yer Dyson please…….

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill and Snake Pliskin