The long wait

Prangy123

Reaction score
Hi all,
I ordered an RS3 Vorsprung in Kemora in November 2021 Tetbury Audi and was told approx end of July delivery which has now turned into don't expect to see it this year!!!!
is anyone else in a similar situation or is it different from dealership to dealership? can anyone shed any light.

Hi all,
I ordered an RS3 Vorsprung in Kemora in November 2021 Tetbury Audi and was told approx end of July delivery which has now turned into don't expect to see it this year!!!!
is anyone else in a similar situation or is it different from dealership to dealership? can anyone shed any light.
Pretty much everyone that ordered in October/November/December etc etc is in same boat, I gave up and bought a ready made one......didn't fancy getting one and then 6 months later a Facelift being announced, better to enjoy a 'new' car when it's actually err 'new' lol

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Thanks for the reply and thought that maybe the case, yeah would be a bit gutted if they announced a facelift and i am still on my first tank of petrol :sign unfair:

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and Jassyo06
Hi all,
Same as you ordered 3rd week in September....build was pushed back by 3 months from November 22 week 47 to now April 23

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
I ordered start of September last year and mine’s now unconfirmed week 12 next year as well.
Ultimate insult was the service department at Bolton ringing me today to offer me a 2 year service plan for the 8V…..it’s where I bought the car from but also where I’ve ordered the 8Y from and I’d hope to have it by 2024

Reactions: Camdenjack and Jassyo06
Same as you ordered 3rd week in September....build was pushed back by 3 months from November 22 week 47 to now April 23

@jassyo06 at the start of his order

ec92f099ef67e63d09bd916523b178f9.png

Jassyo06 at 8Y RS3 delivery time

2fa99bf1f8a1741efefde4070388feb7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, cooperp and 7 others
I ordered start of September last year and mine’s now unconfirmed week 12 next year as well.
Ultimate insult was the service department at Bolton ringing me today to offer me a 2 year service plan for the 8V…..it’s where I bought the car from but also where I’ve ordered the 8Y from and I’d hope to have it by 2024
Did you order a exclusive paint?

OMG better buy some new trainers as my current car (Kia Stinger GTS) goes in November so better get used to walking as probably looking at June as you guys are a couple of months ahead of me with your orders, the new slim me LOL.

Hi all,
Ordered same time as you although my dealer has been pretty straight with me, said no idea initially then after a few months confirmed Feb / Mar 23 build date which hasn't changed ... yet!

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Hi all,
i got same , when you order they have to.give.you some.date

I ordered end of September 2021 and my build day is 7th of September 2022, I will get it most probably a year after ordering it on the dot.

You've got the patience of a saint mate .
Not for much longer l have'nt if it gets pushed back even a day it's getting patched end of mate enough is enough
I'll email him the salesman beginning of October

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Yeah I did, mica racing blue. I have ara at the mo and wanted something a little bit darker.
Hence identical build slots av gone Riviera should av just gone to the Riviera instead of ordering....lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Hi all,
Exactly the same, but I
Hi all,
Exactly the same, but ordered in Aug 21 ! From Whetstone Audi.

I've said this before but.............................
It would be nice to have some understanding/explanation of just how or what happens from the point you sign on the dotted line for your new Audi, it would be nice to think that the sales person runs into the office and phones or orders via internet your car there and then direct from Audi DE, but obviously that doesnt happen,

So, How long does the dealer wait before ordering? does he have a quota per month? or a Dealer Group quota which adds to the 'actual' order date as he cant order your car for 4 months perhaps? and then maybe a similar criteria with Audi UK and the Audi DE?

Must admit I was slightly miffed when I ordered my car on I think a Thursday and she said the car order would be processed and ordered the following Monday, I remember thinking how many will jump in before my order? I asked why cant you order it now? but got some brush off Audi shi*e talk

I ordered my Tango Vorsprung SB about the 3rd of September 21, initially BW 16/22, then BW8, then BW4 and I picked it up first week in March and with a nice discount :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I've said this before but.............................
It would be nice to have some understanding/explanation of just how or what happens from the point you sign on the dotted line for your new Audi, it would be nice to think that the sales person runs into the office and phones or orders via internet your car there and then direct from Audi DE, but obviously that doesnt happen,

So, How long does the dealer wait before ordering? does he have a quota per month? or a Dealer Group quota which adds to the 'actual' order date as he cant order your car for 4 months perhaps? and then maybe a similar criteria with Audi UK and the Audi DE?

Must admit I was slightly miffed when I ordered my car on I think a Thursday and she said the car order would be processed and ordered the following Monday, I remember thinking how many will jump in before my order? I asked why cant you order it now? but got some brush off Audi shi*e talk

I ordered my Tango Vorsprung SB about the 3rd of September 21, initially BW 16/22, then BW8, then BW4 and I picked it up first week in March and with a nice discount :)
My car was ordered within a week then roughly 2 weeks later l got the pointless email from the factory saying they'd received my order...then in December the 8th l got another laughable email from the factory telling me they were gathering parts for my car... l now just don't give a flying F#ck.....its the worst customer service that l have ever had.....I email my salesman....all I get is short to the point replies roughly one sentence..no friendly phone call to elaborate ....etc etc as it stands right now we are a captive audience/buyers because the entire motoring trade has been turned upside down this was my last car on pcp a special car for my birthday 60th ....blah de blah de blah **** you Audi

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Were you ever given a build week?
No never given a build week and still not been given one!!! if it wasn't for the fact that i really want this car and i put down a 2k deposit i would probably tell them where to place it and not because of the wait involved as i kinda understand the issues with parts etc but just the lack of communication.. not good enough Audi UK... if i ran my business like this i wouldn't be buying it as i would be bankrupt.

Reactions: RS03???, IanL-RS3 and Jassyo06
No never given a build week and still not been given one!!! if it wasn't for the fact that i really want this car and i put down a 2k deposit i would probably tell them where to place it and not because of the wait involved as i kinda understand the issues with parts etc but just the lack of communication.. not good enough Audi UK... if i ran my business like this i wouldn't be buying it as i would be bankrupt.
Pretty sure communication issue is with your dealership (Audi UK issues aside). They should be keeping you updated. And £2k for a deposit?! £1k returnable is the norm.

Just checking your posts, Vorprung's are even more slower to be delivered and some who have ordered on Aug21 are still awaiting. Not helping here, however, Kemora Grey is a popular colour, so that may be of help.

Pretty sure communication issue is with your dealership (Audi UK issues aside). They should be keeping you updated. And £2k for a deposit?! £1k returnable is the norm.
I only paid £500 :whistle:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
My car was ordered within a week then roughly 2 weeks later l got the pointless email from the factory saying they'd received my order...then in December the 8th l got another laughable email from the factory telling me they were gathering parts for my car... l now just don't give a flying F#ck.....its the worst customer service that l have ever had.....I email my salesman....all I get is short to the point replies roughly one sentence..no friendly phone call to elaborate ....etc etc as it stands right now we are a captive audience/buyers because the entire motoring trade has been turned upside down this was my last car on pcp a special car for my birthday 60th ....blah de blah de blah **** you Audi

As good as the car is it ain’t worth all the hassle & frustration its causing you mate and it certainly isn’t a car that warrants a wait longer than 6 months albeit I accept most car makers atm have extended build times … but 1.5 years that is just ludicrous !!!

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Ordered same time as you although my dealer has been pretty straight with me, said no idea initially then after a few months confirmed Feb / Mar 23 build date which hasn't changed ... yet!

TX.

nov 21 order to build Feb / Mar 23 is nuts mate. The car just is not worth that length of wait. The 8v fully warranted it’s 6 month wait, the 8y I’m afraid not (imo).

As good as the car is it ain’t worth all the hassle & frustration its causing you mate and it certainly isn’t a car that warrants a wait longer than 6 months albeit I accept most car makers atm have extended build times … but 1.5 years that is just ludicrous !!!
Am just gonna flog it will put out feelers a month or so before it arrives Jordan will help even if l only profit from a couple grand or less it'll somehow give me justification for waiting so long

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
nov 21 order to build Feb / Mar 23 is nuts mate. The car just is not worth that length of wait. The 8v fully warranted it’s 6 month wait, the 8y I’m afraid not (imo).
Might not wait ...

TX.
0807a2cc5f800cf63d9626df325033d5.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, Alan Oliver and 4 others
Similar Sorry Story to all the others on here. Ordered mine Kemora CB SB with Dynamic pack & C&S 1st week of November last year. Had the "Gathering parts" BS email & a couple of cringingly insincere emails from the head of Audi UK. The last two times I have requested an update from my ignorant aggorant cockroach of a Salesman I have yet to receive a response. If I recall correctly the last time I received anything like Courtesy for my Business it was week 13 2023.
I still find it incredulous that a company the size of VAG are not on the front foot and doing their level best to find alternative solutions other than constantly trotting out the "Ukrainian Conflict is causing us supply chain issues"
Only keeping my order live as I have a 20% discount. I tell you one thing, It will be the shortest handover in history............

Reactions: Jassyo06
Similar Sorry Story to all the others on here. Ordered mine Kemora CB SB with Dynamic pack & C&S 1st week of November last year. Had the "Gathering parts" BS email & a couple of cringingly insincere emails from the head of Audi UK. The last two times I have requested an update from my ignorant aggorant cockroach of a Salesman I have yet to receive a response. If I recall correctly the last time I received anything like Courtesy for my Business it was week 13 2023.
I still find it incredulous that a company the size of VAG are not on the front foot and doing their level best to find alternative solutions other than constantly trotting out the "Ukrainian Conflict is causing us supply chain issues"
Only keeping my order live as I have a 20% discount. I tell you one thing, It will be the shortest handover in history............
they dont care they got 1000 customers like.you haha

Reactions: Alan Oliver and cooperp
I cannot understand why VAG and possibly other German car manufacturers don't get together and build a fab in the West, either in the EU or UK, but not in the US. It will be an expensive exercise but the ROI will be massive. As each day goes by there is more requirement for microprocessors in countless walks of life. Any redundancy in the VAG fab would be readily taken up by manufacturers of general goods.
Now here is a big worry, if and when the China/Taiwan situation deteriorates who knows what delivery times will be, 2 years will look like quicktime.

Mike

they have part but for porshe etc
They wife's RSQ3 was ordered and built in months. Far better interior than we can get + wireless charger etc. Absolute nonsense that they can't sort out the RS3.

TX.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 2 others
They wife's RSQ3 was ordered and built in months. Far better interior than we can get + wireless charger etc. Absolute nonsense that they can't sort out the RS3.

TX.

And the verdict on said RSQ3 John ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk