The little c***s stole my chrome wing mirrors!

Haglos

jabba mapped
Reaction score
they tried to lever them of and could not so they have just ripped them of the plastic part hopefully the mugs cant use them what a day came out of the barbers to see that cant have nothing nice round here think im gonna sell up now :banghead::mad:

Feel your pain dude. Been waiting for some jealous idiot to try and take mine.

Dont let some pr**k put you off your car and think about selling it though. Just a little down point at the moment in your ownership of your wicked car.

yes ill defo look out for them on ebay. thats the thing they ripped them off the black plastic bit and the wires are haging out on 1 side. can i drive like that or am i just giving the police reason. when you come out to see your car like that and you cant see the suspect all i can say is what a feeling but cheers guys

yes ill defo look out for them on ebay. thats the thing they ripped them off the black plastic bit and the wires are haging out on 1 side. can i drive like that or am i just giving the police reason. when you come out to see your car like that and you cant see the suspect all i can say is what a feeling but cheers guys
my insurance told me when my drivers side mirror was smashed off
no mirror insurance invalid when driving be careful

Feel for you bud, happened to me, horrible feeling! Wish i left instruction for them though, made a right mess!

What is it with negaro blue s3's and their mirrors going missing... mine got taken the exact same way... i hope they were useless to them... i went on ebay and got a pair for £99 which aint bad seeing as the dealership wanted over a grand

I would avoid getting your hopes up about ebay...
Firstly the police dont realy want to act on anything on ebay... only a few of the police can ask ebay for sellers details... then after about 8 days ( normaly atleast 2 days after the listing ends ) they will half heartedly go round, ring you up and say "there is no proof they are yours or that they are stolen"
Ive been there.... tried that, The s..t that took mine lived about 5 mins away from my house and advertised them from his home adress.
The ones from the dealers... are plastic these days. real alloy ones are very hard to come by these days.
Mine cost about £450 each plus vat and didnt come with the mirror glass.
I hope you can reuse the bases as it will be a fair bit cheaper.

cheers boys i dont think who ever stole them will sell them they got stolen from forest gate east london. my mirrors had distinctive marks on the drivers side so if i ever see them again they will get what for. ive seen a set are they easy to fix and wire up. the base ill defo need a new base the little shits tried to prize it off

mine was same... the wires plug in inside the door so you should be ok... they will have ripped the wing mirror wires if you get me???
the plug should be intact inside the door. i watched the garage fit my new ones.... not as hard as i expected to be fair, The door card comes off... then the base is bolted to the door . its straight forward after you get the card off.

ok paul nice 1 mate i wont be taking my car there again ill be letting the miss's drive my car on haircut days cant deal with that again you cant have nothing nice!!

Sack going through the police if you find them on ebay mate they cant do nothing, tell them you'll pick them up and go round with four mates and take back whats yours!

lmao be certain there your ones first ahaha

I'm dreading the day something like this happens to my car, i wont be able to control myself :|

my mates r32 got took a couple of weeks ago and i was angrier than him aha, boils my blood scum thinking that its okay to do that rather than getting a ******* job!

I was sickend when mine went. What was even worse is that when mine went it was parked on the drive where i lived at the time. Ive since moved so hopefully the extra security i have in place will help.
Its sad that the theive will stick them on a golf .... stick to the ebay copys unless its an "s" spec audi i say !

I was equally sickened when mine went as well Paul....mine were just colour coded black ones

aha good lad, probably best not telling us about it i know theres quite a few coppers that are members ahah

aha good lad, probably best not telling us about it i know theres quite a few coppers that are members ahah
even if there wasn't its not a good idea to say on a public forum

Also worth bearing in mind... even if you found them,,, YOU would face charges if the scum rang the police... after all it would be easier for them to prove you beat them up than it would you prove beyond any dout that they are your mirrors.
Daft i know. but its the law in this country. The first thin i was told by the police was...we surgest you don not take matters into your own hands as you WILL face charges.

Someone last week thought it would be nice to have my S3 badges off my car without asking and when i seen it i lost the plot, if i had chorme mirrors and they went missing i would go crazy.

Its not fair, u cant have anything nice these days without someone doing something to them

hopefully i get a new set very soon seen a set on ebay which has 4 days left so hopefully i win those

it so annoying and luckily they done no damage to my body work but the base that held the mirrors on is still stuck out where they must have had a screwdriver behind it

Think i would definately lose the plot if someone damaged my car. Im wanting the chrome mirrors but dont know if its worth it if they are destined to be ripped off. Might just spray paint the buggers!

Hi everyone 1st post sadly on a negative note.... I found this forum by typing "someone stole my S3 mirrors" at least it seems I'm not alone.
My 4 month old s3 is now looking sad with broken bits of metal and wires hanging out where the mirrors used to be, with dented and scratched doors to add to the misery. Just had it priced at £1400 which I'm going to have to swallow myself as It'll cost me more by claiming on the insurance in the long run

Aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhh...... And there's nothing stopping them coming back for the new ones! Anyone got any ideas for security? I have to keep it on an open drive which can't easily be secured, CCTV maybe?

Cheers

Ron

Aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhh...... And there's nothing stopping them coming back for the new ones! Anyone got any ideas for security? I have to keep it on an open drive which can't easily be secured, CCTV maybe?

Wire them up to the mains!:idea:

Don't tempt me, the aluminium covers should conduct electricity as well mmmmmmmmmmm....... :motz:

what c***S man i luckily found a set of original chrome covers for 50 pound and have just ordered all the mechanism for it which cost me 135 so was quiet cheap all in but u should not have to spend that money. little mugs sorry to hear that though where was you parked?

On a busy main road near Manchester, will see if there's anything going on eBay but need to get it sorted quick as it's harder (and probably not legal) than you think driving with no wing mirrors as you probably know! Just worried it could happen again now as it appears more common than I thought. Makes your blood boil just thinking about it

A bit off topic but I know how you guys feel.

About a week after getting my MG back from a proper FULL restoration some drunken **** kicked my wing mirror off.
I was fuming :mad:

there was a different pic on that yesterday.
the whole wing mirror mechanism is all 1 section .
when mine got ripped of they would look exactly like that

And he doesnt know what hes talking about when selling them....
"Will fit all 2003-2008 Audis"...Will they!?
Wires have been cut and as Haglos stated its all in one piece and if they were removed properly they wouldnt.

Find out were he lives and spark the F**ker out.

He also only has a rating of 2 so is a new ebayer. But you cant go running around accusing people.

Does anyone know if the numbers on the black plastic part of the mirrors underneath are individual numbers? If so we could all make a note of the numbers and if you mirrors ever get nicked and appear on ebay we can ask the seller for the numbers (because we want to check they are real, or some spiel) then go and open a can of whoopass.

He also only has a rating of 2 so is a new ebayer. But you cant go running around accusing people.

Does anyone know if the numbers on the black plastic part of the mirrors underneath are individual numbers? If so we could all make a note of the numbers and if you mirrors ever get nicked and appear on ebay we can ask the seller for the numbers (because we want to check they are real, or some spiel) then go and open a can of whoopass.

and for next time, put lil gps tracking bugs in ure mirrors, for instant whoopass.

Abit off topic but ive had a little c**nt decide to key all over my bonnet and n/s wing!!! Been quoted £410 to get it repaired buy a very reputable bodyshop.

Just hate pointless vandlism, some people need to be shot!

lol instant whoop ****.
The little jealous mugs keying your car i feel your pain man.
170 pound down the line and i still have not got no mirrors fitted yeat as the chrome mirrors i got dont match my mechanism its hurtful man

not near as bad as whats happened to you guys...

but I parked in swindon for 15 minutes 2 weeks ago, someone took my ****** aeriel, and thats ur bog standard job...the world is turning an ugly place it seems..

If I had a hammer..

not near as bad as whats happened to you guys...

but I parked in swindon for 15 minutes 2 weeks ago, someone took my ****** aeriel, and thats ur bog standard job...the world is turning an ugly place it seems..

If I had a hammer..

Maybe they were going fishing..... thats all the standard ariel is good for :)

get yourself a nice small honda S2000 one on there now :icon_thumright:

fishin...or spanking some nasty swindon trogladite.. the type of bird that has kankles..

has it got some kind of security measure? some special key to undo it or something?

but yeh il look into that fella, nice one:search: