The Imaginery Thread. Just imagine..

L1 HCS

Reaction score
...everyday hard grafting and daily chores, same old same old.. :gaehn:

Then you decide to.... check your lotto numbers. :whistle2:
One by one the numbers on your ticket are called out! even the bonus ball has your name on it! :hubbahubba:

What would you do?...........

I haven't won yet, but if I do (hopefully sometime in the near future), I'd like to prepare myself. lol.

This actually happened to a workmate of my mrs.

He hadn't checked his lotto ticket on the Saturday so the following day when he was bored at home alone he picked his ticket up from the coffee table, pressed play on his freeview recorder and played the recording of the results from the night before.

The first number called was on his ticket..................
The second number was on his ticket..................
The third number was on his ticket..................
The fourth and fifth numbers were on his ticket..................
The SIXTH number was on his ticket!!!!!!!

He almost passed out!

He tried to call his wife but couldn't get hold of her. He called his mum to tell her the good news but couldn't speak properly. He needed to tell someone face to face so he decided to drive to his mum's to break the news.

He sped down the road, entered a big roundabout, sat at a red light on the roundabout, pulled out his winning ticket just to stare at it, and then noticed that it wasn't his lotto ticket he had checked against the draw, it was the results printout that his wife had got from the local shop and left on the coffee table too!!

He carried on around the roundabout, exited where he had entered, and went back home.

lol - aythreee, he must've been so gutted!

To win (or to think you have won) lifts the spirit for a bit and make people hyper! I thought I won £100k on a scratchcard a few years ago, I felt I was gong to have a heart attack. But neither happened.

Doh! Jo.. try the euro-millions tonight.

If i had 6 up number's on the lotto ......................... 1st thing would be a 911. ............... 2nd thing would be standing in court and handing my licence over..

3rd..................... Which i would be gutted about is having my wife drive my 911................ O and having a house in west Wales (my wife just told me to put the house in)

lol - aythreee, he must've been so gutted!

That is an understatement. By the time he had realised his mistake he had already mentally spent £4million!! lol
I think I would've carried on driving to the nearest cliff.

I thought I won £100k on a scratchcard a few years ago, I felt I was gong to have a heart attack. But neither happened.

You have my sympathy. I get palpitations if I see 10p on the pavement.

Which reminds me of a few poor sods. Approx. 15 years ago, a young chap who worked for my Dad did the same numbers week in week out, and on the one night, his numbers came up, all 6 of them! His missus knew his numbers and was on the phone to him midway through work during a busy period.... the problem was, he was running late for work, and didn't get round to buying his tickets for the day! :( This same guy gained the nickname 'lottery' translated in chinese, as he was adamant it was his to win, and he literaly blew 50% of his wages on the lotto from that day onwards... not seen him since my dad sold up 10 years ago, maybe he did win it in the end?

Another local guy by my place of work buys the same numbers week in week out, but on the week he went away for break, where he didn't get his tickets, his numbers came in on the Euro Millions! Was a £30m draw that no one won aswell!! The post office that sells the lotto tickets put a poster up about it, and no one has seen the guy since....

Mine would be nice house, couple of decent cars, few good hols, the best of everything for the little man and thats about it really!!

But none of that is ever going to happen, coz i dont do the ****** lottery!!!

I used to for years and never won a thing, however a strange occurence did happen the once, I was living away as a student, with little money and it was my Brothers birthday the following Saturday on a weekend that I was going home, so one of the nights in the week, i had a dream that I had won the lottery, but it wasnt with numbers it was letters, so i thought this has to be a sign, so being the cheapskate i was, i got a £1 ticket and gave it to my brother saying this is your b'day pressie, low and behold, just before we headed out for a Satudray night b'day booze up, we checked the lottery and I/he got 4 numbers winning £87!!!!

Drinks were on Big Bro!!! :)

First time I ever played the lottery I got lucky and won £50! Not seen anything since though.

My Great Unkle (RIP) used to be adament he'd win and set myself and my Wife up for life - He rang my Mum one evening asking me to come and check his ticket. Turns out he'd got the right numbers but had done them 2 weeks to late! :crying:

Not sure if he'd had a print out of the winning numbers and then thought it was a previous ticket, so just done them again, or if he was just unlucky!

He was a good man - bless him :)

A friend of mine also had a bad experience years ago when we were younger - His Nan had got 5 numbers plus the bonus ball, but had only written them down on a bit of paper, his Dad went mental - So funny, saying 'why would you do that, i'd have bought your ticket every week if i thought you played it'. She didn't care either way - Said it was only a bit of fun!

Last edited:
lol - some good stories there! the most I've ever won on the lottery is £47.00 four numbers! I did expect more, but I shared my winnings. OMG (imagine)... if I shared my future lotto winnings!:faint: I'm just too nice. :haha:

I remember on the 1st couple of weeks, my dad did the lottery, did 2 lines and got the 1st 3 numbers on one line and the other 3 on the second line, so rather than winning millions, he won £20!!!

Great!!!

lol, it's mad how the lottery machine decides to spit out particular numbers and be so inconsiderate. :noway: