The Golf R has landed

JRock247

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Finally, after waiting for over a week for an illness to pass, I collected my Golf R last Thursday during my holiday in York :)

Drove over from York to Burnely, about a 2hr drive to collect her and WHAT A CAR! Pulled up at the garage and immediately had a huge grin on my face! Checked the car over, dropped of my car and headed out for the start of my Golf'ing adventures.

Very first drive was on the Yorkshire Dales and the second day, was on the North York Moors.........WOW. The roads around both area's are just breathtaking. Long, windy roads that streth for miles and miles.

Couple of pics of the car on the dales.

Upload 2018 3 27 9 47 13

Upload 2018 3 27 9 47 26

Finished our holiday in Whitby, lovely little fishing town, then the loooooong 6hr drive back to the South.

Very impressed with the car. Entire trip was faultless and gave me a good opportunity to really get a good feel for the car and test out the 4 motion :)

Reactions: Dunedin, Sandra, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Finally, after waiting for over a week for an illness to pass, I collected my Golf R last Thursday during my holiday in York :)

Drove over from York to Burnely, about a 2hr drive to collect her and WHAT A CAR! Pulled up at the garage and immediately had a huge grin on my face! Checked the car over, dropped of my car and headed out for the start of my Golf'ing adventures.

Very first drive was on the Yorkshire Dales and the second day, was on the North York Moors.........WOW. The roads around both area's are just breathtaking. Long, windy roads that streth for miles and miles.

Couple of pics of the car on the dales.

View attachment 151814

View attachment 151815

Finished our holiday in Whitby, lovely little fishing town, then the loooooong 6hr drive back to the South.

Very impressed with the car. Entire trip was faultless and gave me a good opportunity to really get a good feel for the car and test out the 4 motion :)
@JRock247 - Golf R looks great buddy. Congrats ! :thumbs up:
Sounds as tho' you've had a great tour of my local area

Reactions: JRock247
Thanks @Bristle Hound :)

Had an absolute hoot over in the Dales & Moors, such a great place to drive.

Have you had a chance to stretch the Cupra's legs over there yet?

Lovely wagon. Apr remap puts them at about 9 secs 0-100mph.

Reactions: JRock247