The General Public

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Instance 1;

Waiting for a lady to re allign her car in a parking spot before parking in the spot next to her at Tescos, I notice the woman on the other side wanting to get in her car with her daughter. Her drivers door is next to my space, so I wave at her to come forward from the boot area so she can jump in with no hassel. She looks at me blankly. Then moves backwards to the rear of the car. So I move forwards into the space, park up and she then walks towards her door, looks at the (minimal) gap between her fat ****, and the two cars and gives me a "thanks for nothing!" look????!!! WTF?? Did I not signal clearly enough, waving my arms in a manner that could only be taken as "go ahead"??? :tocktock:

2;

Waiting to pay for petrol in same Tescos (running on empty and Shell was miles away!). Two lines, two cashiers, one manager peering over both cashiers. One guy infront of me, three in the next queue. Both front customers pay and move off and as I walk towards the cashier the manager leans over and puts an "out of order" sign on the window, says nothing and then starts talking to the cashier (clearly a trainee). WTF part deux?? Ask politely if I am invisible, to which I get an embarrassed grumble, ask him if it would have taken any effort to mention he was closing that till and could I please move to the other queue, then rejoin the now six person long queue!! Not a word of an apology!!

3;

Parking in Cannon Hill carpark in Birmingham at the weekend to go visit the new Arts Centre that has reopened (MAC centre), pull up in a very full car park and notice two guys walking towards their car. Both dangling keys they walk up to an Audi a6 avant unlock the doors and open them. I wind the window down, waiting to park, and ask "hi chaps, are you heading off i.e. can I take that spot".

The reply from the first moron was "no". The second then followed this with "why?".

Why do you think you monkey!! I don't just drive round car parks seeing if people are leaving spots so I can make a note and count how many happened during that weekend!!! :tocktock:

Feel your pain mate, but on a seperate note, how was the MAC??

Was meant to get there, but didnt get a chance, will hope to do so in the near future.

Honestly? Disappointing. We arrived at 1pm, with the idea of going for a walk as well. Weather was pretty average and all the classes (pottery, glass, jewellery, Apple Macs) were filled, mainly with kids and parents. There were a couple of performances on from a group, which again, were OK.

So it wasn't exactly long lived! Worth going for future events, but would suggest looking online :)

I know exactly what you mean, quite often these scenarios happen to me over parking aswell. Only yesterday I decided to take the family out to Alexander Palace, so on finding a paking space I indicated, moved forward to reverse park in. As I turned round, some complete wank3r shot accross from the oppsite space & took mine. I decided to get out & have a polite word with him, I stated that I was clearly waiting to park in that space & further more he was already parked so why jump in mine ***? His responce was : "How was I to know you wanted to park there" & "the space I was in was too narrow". After some heated shouting I knew that there was no point trying to reason with this complete fool so cut my losses & got back in the car. Some members of the general public out there just seem to have a "feck you"mentality when they are forced to interact with other people, don't let them ruin your day

I totally agree... sometimes i wish the forces would of let me keep my sniper rifle when i discharged...

:gun2:

It would bring so much satisfaction to drop one of said tosser's

There's only one thing more annoying than the general public.... and that's the general public on a tube or train!!!
If one more person shouts out "can you move down the carriage please" when my nose is already pressed firmly up against the end of the carriage i'm going to shove my oyster card right up their ****!!!!

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many more things to add to the list of annoying twats; i.e....

1) Huffers 'n' puffers.
People, usually women or old men, who huff and puff at you for everything, no matter how small or minor. e.g. turning the page of your newspaper, or having a conversation at whisper level on your mobile phone, etc

2) Overreactors.
People, usually old women, who fall over like they've been shot just because you've happened to brush their arm with the sleeve of your shirt as you walk past them.

3) Non thanker w*nkers.
People who will see you holding a door open for them (and for longer than you had to) but choose to just walk straight through, with no eye contact, no smile, no acknowledgement, and NO THANKS!!!

But yeah, all the others mentioned do my head in too.
Why can't the annoying people of this world just f*** right off and go live their life in a corner, far away from me!!!!

**breathe**

Well Said that man:icon_thumright:

3) Non thanker w*nkers.
People who will see you holding a door open for them (and for longer than you had to) but choose to just walk straight through, with no eye contact, no smile, no acknowledgement, and NO THANKS!!!

THIS!! These gits are the worst!! Here, I'll waste my time letting you past, cross the road, open a door. NOTHING! Classic example, a street near by has started to get blocked on a Wednesday night as there is some new bar there, with decking onto the street. Now all the flash gits in their Mercs, BMs, Porsches etc block the road, making it one way basically. So this nobber in his X6, white with black wheels and blacked out windows, comes towards me. I wait, patiently, he then proceeds to slowly look for a space in the road, come towards me, do a U turn infront of me and very slowly head back up!! Then stops, let's his passengers out, goes the wrong way up the nearby one way street and parks in the disabled spots nearby!!!!!

WTF is it with these people??

I think for most of us, we just have to accept it's on of those days when these things happen, as for the most part, there are polite and courteous people out there, but we just remember the bad ones amongst us.

There's only one thing more annoying than the general public.... and that's the general public on a tube or train!!!
If one more person shouts out "can you move down the carriage please" when my nose is already pressed firmly up against the end of the carriage i'm going to shove my oyster card right up their ****!!!!

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many more things to add to the list of annoying twats; i.e....

1) Huffers 'n' puffers.
People, usually women or old men, who huff and puff at you for everything, no matter how small or minor. e.g. turning the page of your newspaper, or having a conversation at whisper level on your mobile phone, etc

2) Overreactors.
People, usually old women, who fall over like they've been shot just because you've happened to brush their arm with the sleeve of your shirt as you walk past them.

3) Non thanker w*nkers.

Why can't the annoying people of this world just f*** right off and go live their life in a corner, far away from me!!!!

**breathe**

I was going to mention the exact same thing in regards to the tube muppets! I had one today, im waiting at the edge of the central line platform with an elderly lady, waiting.....waiting....waiting....finally when a tube pulls up, some little pr!ck decides to just dart through all of us and then give his little rat of a girlfriend a hand on the tube...I just rise above it, not worth getting stressed over it, but i started to really get this urge to want to just put my hand in the collar of his shirt and just pull him back out of the tube by his weed like neck, then proceed to let the elderley lady next to me on first. JUST PLAINE RUDE!!!

1) Huffers 'n' puffers.

2) Overreactors.

3) Non thanker w*nkers.

**breathe**
i agree with you bruv when i lived in s.w london the tubes where a f**king nightmare..and you always got the snobs who didnt ave any resprct for any 1 else when they were reading there f**king massive papers that took up the seat both sides of them and when asked to fold it as its in youre way they look at you as you are a piece of s**t

Agree with all of you. In similar situations I recall an incident in Marbella a few years ago when someone didn't say "thank you" for a held door, an argument started and the door-holder thumped him. There's a lesson there as to what rudeness can result in. What frustrates me is that with the arrogance that comes with rudeness there's also a lack of intelligence as to what might happen next. WHACK!

Agree with all of you. In similar situations I recall an incident in Marbella a few years ago when someone didn't say "thank you" for a held door, an argument started and the door-holder thumped him. There's a lesson there as to what rudeness can result in. What frustrates me is that with the arrogance that comes with rudeness there's also a lack of intelligence as to what might happen next. WHACK!

I think a slap in the back of the head should be a socailly acceptable response to the non-thanker w**ker situation...