The Geminid Meteor Shower

Ghost

Booooooo!
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
This is said to be the best Meteor Shower of the year. It will peak tonight.

Just look up and fill your gaze with as much sky as possible and in no particular direction.
Meteors appear randomly in any part of the sky

If the sky is clear you will have a good chance of seeing some.

please say if you see any :detective2:

So basically there will be a lot of shooting stars tonight. Just hope I see lots and my wishes come true.

If I'm wrong about the shooting stars please don't correct me. Let me have my wishes.

Thanks.

I read up about this yesterday and popped out to have a look, but unfortunately couldnt see anything, I was out at about 11.30, then again about 12.15, but no sight of anything, quite strangely, I couldnt even see any stars last night, but it was very misty where I was, so guess that didnt help.

Was quite disappointed really, as I got all excited about seeing some shooting stars.

If anyone did see them and has any pics, please do post them up :)

Cheers
Nilz

Thanks for the replies. :icon_thumright:
Shariarn I hope all your wishes come true! :)

It was just too cloudy last night for me to see anything, and then it started to rain.
There was lots of Meteors seen around the UK last night, reports of 50 -60 an hour, where the sky was clear, and fireballs seen too (large bright meteors).
I did see a stunning fireball earlier in the year when waiting for the ISS pass. (iss back over the UK17[SUP]th[/SUP] December)

not my photo but taken last night
A-CkmQeCAAQYNF9.jpg

I couldnt even see any stars last night, but it was very misty where I was, soguess that didnt help.

Nilz

Think you needed it to be really clear Nilz to give yourself any chance, although the Meteor Shower peaked last night, you will still have a chance to see some tonight if clear. :icon_thumright:

Hopefully you will get to see something tonight Spooky if your weather is better, heard You were to get some snow in Wales soon, if its clear, get some quality pics. :)x
Iain, i hope you were ot wishing for a new car, the Mrs would kill you for sure. :)x
Nilesh, hope you get to see some meteors tonight :)x

Chucking it down here in Glasgow,and I'm on nights-no chance of seeing anything :(