The Garage Forecourt Challenge

Got my wrist slapped for taking photos this evening.

You are not supposed to use your mobiles in the forecourt.

So here is some in the unforgiving light.

View attachment 167955

View attachment 167956
Nice work, looking slick. And as for Mr or Mrs Jobsworth, I’d have given em a mouthful, as if taking a photo makes any difference, it might aswell be in your pocket. I’d understand if you were busy filling and on a call or something. Good effort for sticking with it.

Reactions: NevMan and A4A4
Got my wrist slapped for taking photos this evening. You are not supposed to use your mobiles in the forecourt.

I genuinely hadn't considered this @A4A4 so thanks for highlighting this.

As the OP on this thread I felt a responsibility to investigate. So I've just taken a look on UKPIA's website (UK Petrol Industry Association), and found this information...

"In the past, there had been widespread but unsubstantiated reports circulating globally of mobile phones igniting petrol vapours on petrol filling station forecourts, or other locations where flammable vapours were present.

As a result, the Energy Institute in conjunction with Intellect, the trade association for IT, Telecomms and Electronics industries in the UK, conducted a study into the risks of ignition of flammable vapours by mobile phones.

The results of the study were presented at a technical seminar hosted by the EI in March 2003. The main conclusions where that:
  • There were no confirmed ignition incidents associated with mobile phones anywhere in the world.
  • Mobile phones, although not specifically designed to standards as 'protected equipment', pose a negligible ignition risk, and one that is far less than other ignition sources on a fuel forecourt"
Full article here:
http://www.ukpia.com/industry_issues/health-and-safety/mobile-phones-on-forecourts.aspx

While this therefore presents an extremely (ridiculously) low risk of causing a fire, it is apparently advisable not to use your mobile on a garage forecourt. The main reason for it being frowned upon seems to hinge around the distraction factor while there are other moving vehicles around rather than the fire risk itself.

To cover myself, and to hopefully prevent anyone getting in trouble - if you do decide, using your own free-will, to take a photo on a garage forecourt using a mobile, then you are doing so at your own risk and in awareness of the facts. If you do, please be aware of what's going on around you, and be safe my friends. It may be prudent to switch the focus of this thread to multi-story car-parks or other sources of LED lighting at night.

And relax....

Reactions: Pinky1959, A4A4, MattSedg and 2 others

As the OP on this thread I felt a responsibility to investigate. So I've just taken a look on UKPIA's website (UK Petrol Industry Association), and found this information...

"In the past, there had been widespread but unsubstantiated reports circulating globally of mobile phones igniting petrol vapours on petrol filling station forecourts, or other locations where flammable vapours were present.

As a result, the Energy Institute in conjunction with Intellect, the trade association for IT, Telecomms and Electronics industries in the UK, conducted a study into the risks of ignition of flammable vapours by mobile phones.

The results of the study were presented at a technical seminar hosted by the EI in March 2003. The main conclusions where that:
  • There were no confirmed ignition incidents associated with mobile phones anywhere in the world.
  • Mobile phones, although not specifically designed to standards as 'protected equipment', pose a negligible ignition risk, and one that is far less than other ignition sources on a fuel forecourt"
Full article here:
http://www.ukpia.com/industry_issues/health-and-safety/mobile-phones-on-forecourts.aspx

While this therefore presents an extremely (ridiculously) low risk of causing a fire, it is apparently advisable not to use your mobile on a garage forecourt. The main reason for it being frowned upon seems to hinge around the distraction factor while there are other moving vehicles around rather than the fire risk itself.

To cover myself, and to hopefully prevent anyone getting in trouble - if you do decide, using your own free-will, to take a photo on a garage forecourt using a mobile, then you are doing so at your own risk and in awareness of the facts. If you do, please be aware of what's going on around you, and be safe my friends. It may be prudent to switch the focus of this thread to multi-story car-parks or other sources of LED lighting at night.

And relax....

Haha, you crack me up

Reactions: Pinky1959, Sandra and Jimbob76

Full article here:

And relax....

Not to worry, took some off the forecourt.

IMG 20181018 202656

Reactions: Jassyo06, Pinky1959, Sandra and 2 others
Ok, forecourt challenge completed.
Don’t really have any decent forecourts near where I live, so not the best location:

Used:
- BH snowfoam.
- gyeon bug and grime.
gyeon bathe essence +
- bouncers dome and dusted.
- megs tyre

Was getting chilly (paint fogging) was not the best shine, but not bad

59909a825c5c5bb978040cba0656cca9.jpg

adce78a728469901776a72908b562c63.jpg

bdc777d1715fe9efe26b8a170216614e.jpg

eb4775c557f111b2c3a95c73f4ca8af1.jpg

a3edbbd1c5b98481e1ce10ed5884c0be.jpg

787512dbba40e881261e1fbd8b81da8e.jpg

de36dd252f652d15784a99422e7fcdd4.jpg

Reactions: scotty76, cuke2u, Pinky1959 and 7 others
Don’t really have any decent forecourts near where I live, so not the best location:

Used:
- BH snowfoam.
- gyeon bug and grime.
gyeon bathe essence +
- megs tyre

Holly Molly @q5man. Tis some stunning finish with amazing depth and super gloss levels. Need to try done and dusted now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: A4A4, Jimbob76, Sandra and 2 others
have to say,impressed with how easy it wipes off. Was a bit tricky working out if it was condensation or product left, but turns out it was condensation.
A little goes a long way too, so interested to see longevity following rain etc.

Reactions: Jimbob76, V6_Man and Sandra
Glad to see I didn’t kill the thread with my disclaimer post @q5man :tearsofjoy:

WOW - that Texaco reflection is like looking in a mirror. Great job - you could dive into that paint. I’m a big fan of Bouncer’s Done and Dusted - little goes a long way and gets some great gloss. Used it today myself as a top-up to Gyeon Cure sealant. Smells good too! Awesome results mate.

Reactions: NevMan

Used:
- BH snowfoam.
- gyeon bug and grime.
gyeon bathe essence +
- megs tyre

Loving the shine. Top job!

Looks LUSTROUS.

Glad to see I didn’t kill the thread with my disclaimer post @q5man :tearsofjoy:

WOW - that Texaco reflection is like looking in a mirror. Great job - you could dive into that paint. I’m a big fan of Bouncer’s Done and Dusted - little goes a long way and gets some great gloss. Used it today myself as a top-up to Gyeon Cure sealant. Smells good too! Awesome results mate.
thanks mate. lol, disclaimer didn't put me off, but did mean I was quick with the shots lol

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Pook
@Jimbob76 - Loving this thread
I can see this is going to get me out to fill my Cupra on dark nights lol

Reactions: A4A4, Jassyo06, Jimbob76 and 2 others
She's back in her natural habitat .

Not all cars look glossy under forecourt LEDs but only the ones which have been well looked after . And that's why I took the pics first thing rather than at night

7bc9221a70b2085597425ddfaf9f5d60.jpg

f1b94b45d1af96623ae276837d4e4ade.jpg

0e346129946044306fd5fd5a2778ede2.jpg

Reactions: Pook, Jimbob76, Sandra and 5 others
She's back in her natural habitat .

Not all cars look glossy under forecourt LEDs but only the ones which have been well looked after . And that's why I took the pics first thing rather than at night

7bc9221a70b2085597425ddfaf9f5d60.jpg

f1b94b45d1af96623ae276837d4e4ade.jpg

0e346129946044306fd5fd5a2778ede2.jpg

Should have listened to your neighbours, you have only gone and washed the colour off!

Looking very very today as always mate

Reactions: Sandra, BarryG79, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Getting sad now, while waiting to fill up today. Bonnet reflection caught my eye.

IMG 20181031 160739

Reactions: Jimbob76, Bristle Hound, V6_Man and 2 others
What's even sadder is taking pics when having the wheel alignment.

Why not, still under led lighting and just a different forecourt.

IMG 20181101 081827

Just for a bit of fun and it looked really shiny.

Also you got to check don't mark the alloys lol, which they didn't. Did a great job.

Reactions: Pook, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
What's even sadder is taking pics when having the wheel alignment.

Why not, still under led lighting and just a different forecourt.

View attachment 168928

Just for a bit of fun and it looked really shiny.

Also you got to check don't mark the alloys lol, which they didn't. Did a great job.

The most photographed Audi on the planet lol

Reactions: A4A4