The Fantastic Porsche Cayman S

C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Well, I love this car so much that I'm gonna devote the next 12 - 18 months of my life doing everything I can to get one!

I'll expect a mixed bag of opinions on this one, as I know the styling isn't to everyones taste. But I love it :thumbsup:

Cayman S rocks!!!
I love this car...911 is different world..BUT cayman is a joy to drive!!!

I would have CAyman S, Manual, Tech Equip 19inch Alloys, Ceramics..yummy

marmite said:
Cayman S rocks!!!
I love this car...911 is different world..BUT cayman is a joy to drive!!!

I would have CAyman S, Manual, Tech Equip 19inch Alloys, Ceramics..yummy

Vote for it then ;) !!!

Think it's a bit ugly and don't like the way Porsche basically crippled it to stop it wiping the floor with the 911, I also don't like the fact it's more money than the convertible.

Still a great car though - good luck trying to get one!

god_thats_quick said:
Think it's a bit ugly and don't like the way Porsche basically crippled it to stop it wiping the floor with the 911, I also don't like the fact it's more money than the convertible.
:iagree:
IMO I would get a 996 over a Cayman any day of the week. Ugly as hell (the front looks like the back) overpriced (considering you can get the same engine in the boxster now) sorry.

Nice car but as said, 911 all the way!

but if money was no object it would be one of these without a doubt!!!

Porcshe Carrera GT!!

Reason I'm going for a Cayman over a 911/Boxster:

- I reckon in a year or so I can go about £35-40k for a car,
- I'll be using it for my business, so a lengthy warranty is essential (hence new-ish car, 911 too expensive then),
- Don't need more than 2 seats - just me and the wife!
- Wouldn't go for a boxster cos its a soft-top. Not my thing really, I'd prefer the stiffer chassis on the Cayman,
- The looks have grown on me big time, at first I thought it was a dog like many of you do,
- Its really scarce and set to stay this way due to 8 - 10 month wait.
- It handles like a dream and sounds fantastic (well, so do the others I suppose)!!!

It has to be an 'S' though :)

[URL="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/chrisbw1092/Porsche/Cayman16006.jpg"][URL="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/chrisbw1092/Porsche/Cayman16006.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

All IMHO........

By the time you spec it up it becomes a £50k car and it definitely is not a £50k car....Porsche are ripping their customers off for what is essentially a Boxster with a tin roof...so it should be cheaper 'cause there is no additional roof mechanism.

Undecided on the Cayman. Personally i'd rather have a used 996 GT3.

Spose some people only ever buy new cars and if they can't stretch to the 911 then pound for pound the Cayman would come a pretty close second.

I have one in Black which has the ultimate performance mod, also I have a 911 with the same ultimate performance mod but the 911 is in yellow. My lambo though is for sale at the moment as the police keep powning my *** on heat level 5.

Ahem they are kept in a garage otherwise known as a PS2.

I have a cayman.........in need for speed lol best car in the game i think :moa:

Well I've bought the poor mans Porsche Cayman (not S) comes on April 3rd. PASM, 6 Speed box, 18" S wheel, Alacantara GT3 Wheel and Gearknob. Im hopefully going to learn how to drive on the track properly.

But,
I'm allowed as I already have a 911 :p

Seriously though,
Poor mans Porsche? they are sublime and nothing new in that price range comes close as a overall drivers package, but hey if you can only afford £40k your poor right?

nervus said:
Well I've bought the poor mans Porsche Cayman (not S) comes on April 3rd. PASM, 6 Speed box, 18" S wheel, Alacantara GT3 Wheel and Gearknob. Im hopefully going to learn how to drive on the track properly.

But,
I'm allowed as I already have a 911 :p

Seriously though,
Poor mans Porsche? they are sublime and nothing new in that price range comes close as a overall drivers package, but hey if you can only afford £40k your poor right?

You lucky, lucky barsteward!

I'm still miles away from it!

C_Audiboy said:
Reason I'm going for a Cayman over a 911/Boxster:

- I reckon in a year or so I can go about £35-40k for a car,
- I'll be using it for my business, so a lengthy warranty is essential (hence new-ish car, 911 too expensive then),
- Don't need more than 2 seats - just me and the wife!
- Wouldn't go for a boxster cos its a soft-top. Not my thing really, I'd prefer the stiffer chassis on the Cayman,
- The looks have grown on me big time, at first I thought it was a dog like many of you do,
- Its really scarce and set to stay this way due to 8 - 10 month wait.
- It handles like a dream and sounds fantastic (well, so do the others I suppose)!!!

It has to be an 'S' though :)

[URL="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/chrisbw1092/Porsche/Cayman16006.jpg"][URL="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/chrisbw1092/Porsche/Cayman16006.jpg"][URL="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/chrisbw1092/Porsche/Cayman16006.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL]

All IMHO........

Why not buy a used 911 with Porsche warranty?? You can extend it until its 10 years old, c£900 a year, haggle it off the price if it hasn't got it already.

Vron said:
Why not buy a used 911 with Porsche warranty?? You can extend it until its 10 years old, c£900 a year, haggle it off the price if it hasn't got it already.

Yeah mate you are dead right - I've been looking into the warranty thingy and its making the 911 look more of a prospect!

40k can now get a 2003 ish 996 C4S with a good spec and low miles......