The England Football Team....

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
....is total ********!

Come on DickyS3, Fallmonk, Necroeire, fill yer boots!

Whatever you say will be fully deserved.

Absolutely right. The press deserve a kicking too for heaping praise on Mclaren, even though they hadn't played any proper teams at that point!

Need a manager to just go for it none of this defensive crap. Especially against a 2nd rate team.

I think its a case of just being totally overhyped.

The fact is they are just a team of average players at best.

All we hear is how great Rooney is and how great Lampard are . Obviously I am missing something because I havent seen any evidence at international level. The same goes for the rest of them.

England have played 3 teams of some note recently Sweden , Portugal and Croatia and failed to win one of them .

My 11 would be the following

Robinson (hes not very good though)

Neville Ferdinand Carragher Cole

Hargreaves

Lennon Gerrard J Cole

Owen Crouch

Obviously some of the above aernt fit

Robbo made some good saves tonight, he was unlucky with the ball bobbling over his foot for the second goal.

:keule:

benw123 said:
The press deserve a kicking too for heaping praise on Mclaren,

Like Sven, Mclaren chooses his team based upon how many times they have appeared in Hello Magazine

john2garden said:
Robbo made some good saves tonight, he was unlucky with the ball bobbling over his foot for the second goal.

:keule:

He was unlucky but hes still a poor keeper if comapred to the likes of the now retired Oliver Kahn or Buffon

If they were based on OK magazine appearances the team would be -

Kerry Katona in goal with her iceland frozen chicken drummers

Back 4

Posh Jordan Peter Andre and Jade Goody

Midfield

Those Gay Scottish blokes off the telly Chantelle off big brother and Pete Doherty

Up front

David Dickenson the bobby Dazzler and Some bint off a soap who's just got married or had her boobs done.

Frightening thing is this lot would probably do a better job.

john2garden said:
Frightening thing is this lot would probably do a better job.

One thing is for sure they wouldnt do a worse one :keule:

Right i wont say i did not laugh i ****** myself at the clip i seen with the Goalie missing the ball and it going in the back of the net.thought i was watching some you been framed programme ...poor show .....wont say we did any better but at least we have a head start with the previous games

Good Luck Boys looks like you will need it

Maybe if they were concentrating on the game and not what they look like they would do better. Bring back the days of alan shearer.

co55ie said:
I think its a case of just being totally overhyped.

The fact is they are just a team of average players at best.

All we hear is how great Rooney is and how great Lampard are . Obviously I am missing something because I havent seen any evidence at international level. The same goes for the rest of them.

..yes England are overhyped, but calling our players "average at best" s very harsh.
Lampard was fantastic in the qualifiers for the World Cup and Rooney was unbelievably good at Euro 04, we see evidence of their brilliance very weekend in the Premiership, BUT
a bunch of brilliant individuals doesnt allways make a great team.
Look at Spain they have allways had fantastic players, but at international level they have allways faltered, exactly the same as Holland in the 90s.. they boasted probably the best squad but as a team they allways failed.
Italy went to the World Cup with relative unknowns such as Grosso, Toni and De Rossi, and look how well they did!

We just need to accept that at club level they are good but they just cant do it at international level. IMO more Carraghers and less Lampards is whats needed.. sorry for the rant I'm just ****** off... :banghead:

..oh yeh and that formation to night was all down to that muppet Venables... every TV interview and every newspaper article he has written since 1989 he has mentioned 3-5-2, 3-5-2.. well he finally got his way and look what happened! How many good teams play 3-5-2 for chrisakes....
:mad:

I think the 3 5 2 proved what a one trick act John Terry is

A bad workman allways blames his tools .

11 good players would find a way 11 average ones wont. England didnt

The only World Class player in the England Squad is Gerrard in my opinion.

I thought Mclaren made a really positive start by ditching Beckham sending out the signal you have to perform or your out but its all gone downhill.

Like Brazil do you put your best 11 out for every match, you play your own game, and you become your own team and you dont end up with a permanent experimental side tha achieves nothing

john2garden, your comments are very 'sang-froid', however undeniably true to the core, i have but one question, Kerry Katona, the somewhat unspectacular mum turned rehabilitated drug addict finding the time to save goals shot by Europes finest, when she has to juggle raising chidren and her drug habbit?! frozen chickens asside even the Iceland queen would struggle.

A Disillusioned Lion

P.S. We were Sh*te!..........Peace out

To be honest I dont think Beckham should have been dropped out the sqaud.

He is still a decent player and would be a help for some of the younger players in the squad. Plus I think he has done a fair bit for England and was only 6 games off getting his 100th cap. Only 5 other players have done this.

I think Macca has made a few too many changes for big games and should have saved them for the friendly matches coming up soon.

In my opinion England have had the best average sqaud strength for as long as i can remember. They have always had a squad of players that could achieve something but never do. Other major countries have came and gone in terms of squad strength but again England have always had a decent squad. Also i think you have alot of 'Premiership Class' players that play good in the legue but cant cut it at international level. Lampard is one of the worst. They guy games is primarly thumping shots from outside the box. He got totlay shown up in the world cup for just being plan nonsense.

TBH you should have got Martin O'Neil in as the gaffer. He totally transformed Celtic with very little money. He has also turned Villa around at the moment. The man is a total genius at getting the best out of every player for the full 90 minutes. He might not have the best players but when average players give 100% they win games. He hs proved that with Celtic. (much to my hate as i am a Rangers Fan).

Anyways rant over! ;-)