The end of Alex "whisky nose" Ferguson...

I've never understood why everyone seems to call him Alec?

And good riddance, maybe some other teams will be able to win something now :arco:

Great man legend of the game will be missed !

Can't argue with his managerial qualities... he is a true legend.

But his attitude to anyone or anything he doesn't agree with... he is a true bell-end.

Reactions: Turbo jay and s3dave
Well as a Jock, I can assure you we call him Alex, or knob head, depending on who your talking too.
As a Liverpool supporter I'm not sad to see him go, the guy was a legend, but a pain in the *** for us Scouse fans.

I thought he would have stayed to try and get another Champions League to match Liverpool, but the red wines a calling....

So who's next???? My moneys on David Moyes, hopefully not Mourinhio, now he's a proper knob.

Alexander is routinely abbreviated to Alex or Alec, whether in Scotland or elsewhere. What you will find also is that in Scotland but not necessarily elsewhere, it is often further abbreviated to Eck. Hence, Alexander (Alex) McLeish, who of course played under Ferguson at Aberdeen and was a key member of the team that beat Real Madrid in the final of the 1983 Cup-Winners Cup in Gothenburg, is known as "Big Eck".

Reactions: Ultra Violent
I only knew him as Taggert the miserable ultra successful ******

Didnt like the man, but cannot deny what a good manager he was,(basicaly because of his refusal to do interviews if it wasnt going his way and the annoying horse like chewing...) he should have taken giggs with him ...

The man did well at Man Utd, but everyone forgets he was the manager at Aberdeen and led them to European glory 30 years ago this Saturday.

He is one of a few people that can claim to be the best manager in English footballing history.

The best thing about all of this is... if moyes takes over from fergie then Man Utd AND Everton are both screwed in a single move.

Love it.

Reactions: Artimus
Love him or loathe him, and i am not a football fan, but he was a very good manager, he will be a hard act to follow. :) x

Rooney also going, Ronaldo coming back?

It is about time Fergie stepped down, give the London clubs a chance.