The dreaded alloy!!

SamS1

Reaction score
The dreaded has happened - chip on my alloy!!

Went for a long drive Thursday only to see that mark on my alloy.. Don't remember any dodgy parking or kerb hugging (I'm hyper sensitive to kerbs these days lol).

Went to Audi yesterday getting quoted £115 for a full refurb of the alloy despite the mark being about a mm!!

Really can't bring myself to paying so much for a little mark but I know leaving it will bother me lol what are your thoughts on getting repairs on these alloys?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 294
i'd be forgetting about it personally, what are you going to do when a stone chips them?!

light sand , bright silver paint then clear laquer

i don't think mobile repairers will touch these as they're diamond cut?

Might just have to bite the bullet pay the price and tell myself that's what you get for having alloys like these lol :sos:

Silver paint !

My friend it's bareback diamond cut .

my friend thats what a profesional wheel repairer will do if not re finishing the whole wheel , one of mine was done when i brought the car !

I would ring a few wheel repair guys before going to audi as that price seems high.but dont leave it,as the laquer is damaged and road salt etc could cause it to corrode.

Yeah I've been reading that the moisture can cause a milky colour underlay so I'm going to get it sorted this week for sure - these alloys must be a real b**** to repair

£115 your having a laugh arnt you got my last diamond cut repaired for £65.
Diamond cut alloy repair use to be rare but there's loads of mobile repair units now.
Personally that wouldn't bother me.

Your average smart repaired will use silver paint , mine was done at Audi dealer and they used silver paint !

Either live it with it or get it done properly as mobile wheel refurb is a waste of money as 9/10 times they make it worse because the finish is poor
DYTME83

Either live it with it or get it done properly as mobile wheel refurb is a waste of money as 9/10 times they make it worse because the finish is poor
DYTME83

That's what I was thinking - I've booked it in and got it a little bit cheaper.

Watch those alloys guys lol :yellowrs4:

be quite interested to see the results off this , are they doing the black parts or just the polished parts ?

Refurb of the whole wheel which is good - I've left it with them now for 3 days got an Audi a1 1.4 as a courtesy car can def notice the difference the S1 sticks to the road compared to the A1 lol

I'll post a pic of my (hopefully) shiny wheel :)