The DIS is showing that the boot is open when it's not.

G

Goner

Woke up this morning at 4:30am to the sound of my alarm going off, jumped up out of bed whacked some joggers on, grabbed my trusty Callaway driver gold club expecting to drive someone's head 250 yard down the road. I got outside and everything is intact, brilliant they must of ****ed off.. Settles back down into bed again, 2 minutes later and beep beep beep happens again so i go outside but nobody is there, windows/doors all sound. I have have now realised that nobody is ****ing with my motor so i just left the car unlocked as I'm up at half 6.

The DIS is saying that boot is open all the time, this is what is setting my alarm off (i assume). I have heard issues about the wiper motor leaking before, so when the DIS stopped saying the boot was open i blasted a load of water onto the rear window, it was coming out but only half way up the glass, yep you've guessed the rest is in the boot.

I've not stripped it down yet but for the sake of ******* about i'll strip the boot lid down and just replace the motor as i assume that's at fault instead of trying to repair it.

Anyone else had this, and what's the cost for a new wiper motor? Had it on a MK4 Golf years ago but can't remember the cost.

Does appear to be the old favorite rear wiper motor leaking unfortunately. :crying:

LINK

The above link looks like a winner to me, Seller is a main dealer and its cheaper than available fro the likes of ECP.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply an the link. As you say they are cheaper than euro car parts just checked now £78.00 plus vat and not only that there is a £20.00 charge if you don't exchange the broken one. Ebay link is £78.00!

I'll strip the boot lid down tonight just make sure the thing is broken and not a split pipe etc and order one tomorrow, need to fix it ASAP as I would like some sleep night.

Thanks for the reply an the link. As you say they are cheaper than euro car parts just checked now £78.00 plus vat and not only that there is a £20.00 charge if you don't exchange the broken one. Ebay link is £78.00!

I'll strip the boot lid down tonight just make sure the thing is broken and not a split pipe etc and order one tomorrow, need to fix it ASAP as I would like some sleep night.

Trust me it will be the motor. Had to do mine earlier on this year. The washer fluid eats the seal and allows the washer water to access the motor. The part is revised now. I got mine from Audi for £86.

Easy enough to replace though you will need a wiper puller to get your wiper arm off the spindal.....

Can I not just wriggle it off? Did that before on a MK4 Golf.

You can yes, but sometimes they can be tight as f00k.

No problem, I tried to wiggle mine off as I had done the same with my Mk4 Golf but it wasn't having none of it!

No problem, I tried to wiggle mine off as I had done the same with my Mk4 Golf but it wasn't having none of it!

Stripped it down down tonight, I'll give the electrics and wires etc time to dry out and get a motor ordered tomorrow.

Unplugged the boot switch and closed the boot, locked the rest of the car with the key so hopefully the alarm won't go off now!

When I need to open the boot to fit the new motor I'll put the seat down and plug the boot switch back in.

Easy job really, just £80 I could of done without spending!

got mine replaced last month, i sent a letter of complaint to audi stating it was common knowledge that there was a fault on these and that they were burrying there heads in the sand by not acknowledgeing it.
my car is an 1.9 a3 2007 and had only just done 39k.
upshot is i got a call from audi asking me to take it in to be inspected, got it replaced for free :yahoo: