The day has arrived!

E

exciter01

I'm picking up my new A3 2.0T S Line Quattro 3 Door on Friday and was wondering what apart from the obvious i should check.

I know that with the Golf GTi you get a bottle opener (sometimes), is there anything like this with the A3 ?

Proper excited !!!

Bunch of Flowers!!!

16182_Audi%20Bouquet1.JPG

You tying to tell us you are a big pansy EEEF!

Did you really get some flowers?

I got f all! (apart from a good DTD price match!)

yeah I, well, the missus, got some flowers when I bought my car from an audi dealer. I wasn't expecting that. She was proper chuffed
and kinda dulled the dent i'd put inthe finances.

As well as that, my local audi garage has a specific spot inside the showroom for "new owner" handover, all sectioned off with cord barriers,
like some sort of red carpet do. The bloke shows you round your new car, then you get to drive it out of the showroom!

sure beats being thrown the keys and being told to f off....

easy.

Sales dude did look a bit nervous as he handed me the flowers and asked if I had a partner....I thought he was suggesting the flowers were for her...not hitting on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Adi, just check the obvious really, bodywork for little chips or scratches, wheels and tyres ok, upholstery all fitted snugly, mileage (delivery miles only), all options fitted, bodykit if specced fits properly with decent joins, 2 sets of keys, mats, full tank of fuel. Enjoy.

And welcome to the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
easy.

Sales dude did look a bit nervous as he handed me the flowers and asked if I had a partner....I thought he was suggesting the flowers were for her...not hitting on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...

Yep, bunch of flowers for the missus too. Well she did come along with me, so it saved me having to fork out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Full tank is standard for new car and not courtesy, from BMW I got wine and from Lexus I got wine from Audi at 10% discount I doubt I will get anything!

Rule number 1: TAKE YOUR TIME!

Do all of the above, but also press every button (take a cd or 2 with you) and lever, making sure they all do what you wanted. It's a pain in the **** to bring it back again after a few days, just because you notice that the CD changer (or what-ever) hasn't been plugged in to the head unit or something.

Rule number 2: Take the LONG route home!

Enjoy!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Full tank is standard for new car and not courtesy, from BMW I got wine and from Lexus I got wine from Audi at 10% discount I doubt I will get anything!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not wrong! I've known the bloke years and didn't get any freebies! However, I'd rather have 10% discount than a bunch of flowers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What 10% and flowers, or flowers and wine? They make enough anyway I'm sure Benz work on 20%, BMW around 18% not sure on Audi but I bet its about the same.

THIS IS A BIGGIE..

Take out the spare alloy.

lift it out and turn it over.

check its not scratched where it lies face down in the boot...

I took mine out for the first time at 5000 miles, for a puncture.. it had never been moved or touched before that..

2 scratches, right on the arms of the alloy, right through the laquer and a very big and ghastly RUST mark embedded in the alloy..

showed the stealer, they werent interested AT ALL..

so I would take it out and check it, and in future will add a layer of felt or similar under the wheel as soon as i get the car..

On the A3 the spare is a steel space saver in a lovely shade of black, so I would not both to take it out and have a look.

Eeef, I knew I'd seen the spare somewhere before !

ah oops sorry chaps didnt know you got a 'silly' wheel! A4s get a proper full size alloy.. [smug grin]

I was so peed off, at an expensive alloy being damaged that much while never actually having been fitted..

Shouldnt have worried.. Mrs Curry has a close and personal relationship with all the local kerbs.. My car is immaculate other than my wheels, all four of which would benefit from repairs, even after just 34000m.. (Yes I'm blaming her! I dont spend hours keeping it spotless to then be careless how i park!)

pisser.