The data protection act.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I'm in the process of dealing with an insurance claim on behalf of my mother, I've already got authorization to act on my mum's behalf, as English is not her first language.

Now I get a million calls to my phone asking if I want to do a whiplash claim? The problem is, these companies are just calling me to speak to my mum, but I tell them it's my phone, how can I help? Their reply is, 'data protection act', they can't tell me what the call is about, so I return the favour, oh, data protection act, I see, I can't give you my mum's contact details then, we've hit a stumbling block haven't we? At this point, I'm laughing out loud at the phone caller, and they sound ****** now... job done! :D

Stupid rule... it could be a legitimate call, but if they are using it, so can I! :p

Reactions: Arrkon, weasle1uk, Nilz and 2 others
Two can play that game :)

Finally, one caller who knows who I am, so I can get on with it! I can ignore/block the other 3 numbers now, one keeps just giving me random missed calls, an 0844 number, like I'm going to call them back?

I'm in the process of dealing with an insurance claim on behalf of my mother, I've already got authorization to act on my mum's behalf, as English is not her first language.

Now I get a million calls to my phone asking if I want to do a whiplash claim? The problem is, these companies are just calling me to speak to my mum, but I tell them it's my phone, how can I help? Their reply is, 'data protection act', they can't tell me what the call is about, so I return the favour, oh, data protection act, I see, I can't give you my mum's contact details then, we've hit a stumbling block haven't we? At this point, I'm laughing out loud at the phone caller, and they sound ****** now... job done! :D

Stupid rule... it could be a legitimate call, but if they are using it, so can I! :p
well done fella , cold calling insurance parasites