1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Audi has let me down

joinerman Feb 8, 2019

1. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

For the first time
    Did a job in the workshop for a mate this afternoon & dropped off on my way home, swung into his drive in front of his two cars & turned engine off steering nearly on full lock, chat for five minuets & go to start car & steering lock is jammed solid, no amount of trying to turn the wheel & wriggling the key would free it off, there's no feeling of moving tumblers as you put the key in, got a lift home to get spare key & cadge another lift back but spare key won't work either, so there it is blocking my mates cars in unmovable, got a mobile locksmith going round in the morning.
    All this while the heavens opened.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter S3 Saloon Black Edition

Assuming your car must be more than 3 years old then. You must not belong to any breakdown association either in that case. :(
    I deliberately avoid parking my car with the steering on full lock....not really sure why....just think it puts more strain on things when starting the engine.
    Not a good situation to be in....so I feel your pain. :(
    I think it should be something fairly simple, so hope you get it sorted.
    Will be interested to know what the problem was.

4. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

Locksmiths been and the ignition switch/barrel has bust, he cut a copy blade off of my plastic key and used a pair of mole grips to force the key round to release the steering lock and start the car but it was a one off get you home fix, got car home but it won’t work any more, got to order new parts from TPS tomorrow

Ron240 likes this.