The all new a5/s5 coupe

Surely if you can choose between those two it would be a no brainier? S5 all the way
I know what you're saying…I already have a pre facelift S3 and really like it, just waiting to hear back with a finance quote as the S5 figures were not on the Audi finance computer on Friday. I love the style of the S5 but think maybe the S3 looks a bit more sporty?

I know what you're saying…I already have a pre facelift S3 and really like it, just waiting to hear back with a finance quote as the S5 figures were not on the Audi finance computer on Friday. I love the style of the S5 but think maybe the S3 looks a bit more sporty?

I was debating between the S3 and S5 before I bought my S5. They are both interesting prospects, but in the end the V6, proper quattro and more 'grown-up' feel of the S5 won me over.

Having said that, I now find myself thinking about downsizing as parking around me is a nightmare and think a 3door hatch would be much more practical. The better MPG and lower servicing costs are also appealing from the S3.

Horses for courses :)

I was debating between the S3 and S5 before I bought my S5. They are both interesting prospects, but in the end the V6, proper quattro and more 'grown-up' feel of the S5 won me over.

Having said that, I now find myself thinking about downsizing as parking around me is a nightmare and think a 3door hatch would be much more practical. The better MPG and lower servicing costs are also appealing from the S3.

Horses for courses :)

My thinking is exactly the same as the above mate.
What do you think to the new S5?…read today that the new RS5 might be released early next year…fancy a new car before xmas but might be worth just holding off a bit longer.

What do you think to the new S5?…read today that the new RS5 might be released early next year…fancy a new car before xmas but might be worth just holding off a bit longer.

Not a fan I'm afraid. Although I see from your other post that you've seen it 'in the flesh', so will remain open minded until I see it properly.

The S5 I have now is my first and last new car...it was fun, but the money is just silly and now I don't drive to work (joined the commuters to London :() its just daft spending so much. Cant decide between a newer, cheaper to run car, or an older more performance oriented car. I will undoubtedly miss the S5 performance, but at around 200miles a month its not a massive deal....!

Have you driven a B9 yet? If not my advice would be to hold fire until you have. As you undoubtedly know, the S3 is a more nimble car than the B8.5 S5, and from the reviews I have read, despite the weight saving and power increase on the B9 S4, it is slightly lacking in the dynamics department compared to the B8.5.

I have been following news about the B9 RS5 and it does seem that it is getting near ready for production. However purely based on the timing of news about the B9 S5 I'd say there has to be around 6 months between them. I'd expect that RS5 deliveries will start mid to late 2017.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Just looked on the Audi Finance Calculator for the new A5 coupe, I'm surprised to see that they are doing this from the off: Audi deposit contribution £2,500.00 other new cars such as the Q2 are full price.

I'm looking to order my next car December/January, so hopefully they will be doing % discount by then through the likes or orange wheels...can anyone remember how long the A4 was out before the deals came along?

GFV is still over 50% after 3 years!

Screenshot wwwaudicouk 2016 10 01 13 45 07