1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The A7 Tyres Thread

Kashee Jul 30, 2019

1. Kashee

Kashee Member

Getting "Michelin 275/30 R21 (98)Y XL PILOT SPORT 4S" tyres from Costco. Anyone got experience of using these?

Also I am only changing both rear tyres since these have internal cuts on the side wall and an MOT fail.

This means I will have Dunlops in the front and Michelins in the back and hence a brand mismatch. Am I doomed?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mickyh7

mickyh7 Member

If its an TDi Quattro you'll be fine. Not sure about other 4 wheel drive systems.
    Loads of rubbish written about certain tyres usually by people who haven't tried them.
    I've got Goodyear 3's on the front and the new version Landsails on the rear of my mapped 3.0 Quattro
    I cant fault the Landsails wet or dry. Huge grip, the company is desperate to be up there with the big names, and it wont be long.
    They are incredible at £83 each.
    When the Goodyears are done I'll be putting Landsails on there too.
    Bear in mind these are the new 'Performance Tyres' not the old versions which are pretty terrifying!

Kashee likes this.
  4. Kashee

Kashee Member

Erm, I want Landsails too...amazing price.

Yes, mines is a TDi Quattro. Need to get it mapped and other adjustments made (auto boot close etc)>

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  5. Bishop187

Bishop187 Active Member

Landsails £83 you say, what size is that for?

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

6. mickyh7

mickyh7 Member

255/40/19
    I dont work for them either !
    And unbelievably Halfords were the cheapest fitted price.

7. Bishop187

Bishop187 Active Member

19s that explains the price. I thought u was talking about 21s

mickyh7 likes this.
  8. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

LS588 I presume ?

Heard loads of positive reports .

mickyh7 likes this.
  9. mickyh7

mickyh7 Member

Yes, those are the ones.
    I'm very impressed anyway.

10. Niya90

Niya90 New Member

Hi Guy's First post to this forum.
    Is this a common issue with the rear tyres on the A7 Quattro's. I've had to replace both rears last year because they had splits on the inside tyre wall. Could this be down to the low side wall. A7 3.0 TDI Quattro SLine Black edition running Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 275/30/21

11. Corb2000

Corb2000 Million miler

Not heard of that problem before. Admittedly I’m on 35 ratio 20” tyres (about to wear out my second set at 50k) but they’re all fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. GazWeavs

GazWeavs Member

Same problem with rear tyres cutting for me too! Just had MOT and advisory for both rears showing this. Not sure if it's a problem for Dunlop Sport Maxx or the A7 Quattro or both?
    I'm running 275/30/21's on my B/E but now loathed to replace with Dunlop's. They ain't cheap and don't last from my investigations to date.
    Don't know of any local dealers selling the Landsails either !

14. Bishop187

Bishop187 Active Member

I don’t think Landsails do a 21” tyre

15. GazWeavs

GazWeavs Member

You're quite right Bishop187, I've checked and they don't!

Anyone got any recommendations for 21's that don't cost the earth yet are going to offer acceptable performance?

Gaz

16. Bishop187

Bishop187 Active Member

Anyone got any recommendations for 21's that don't cost the earth yet are going to offer acceptable performance?

Gaz[/QUOTE]

I don’t think such a tyre exists. They all cost £240+

17. GazWeavs

GazWeavs Member

I don’t think such a tyre exists. They all cost £240+

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack[/QUOTE]

Yep again you're right, I can't find anything cheaper so I'll have to just cough up lol.

18. Flipper_Al

Flipper_Al New Member Sportback Team V6 Team Silver S-line owners group A7 Owner Group

Read Here
    https://www.audiownersclub.com/forums/topic/8873-dunlop-maxx-gt-tyres-splitting/
    https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=105192
    https://www.briskoda.net/forums/top...-trouble-with-dunlop-sport-maxx-rts-cracking/
    I could go on :)

Kashee and GazWeavs like this.
  19. GazWeavs

GazWeavs Member

20. Kashee

Kashee Member

No guesses which tyres I had which split on the side walls on the rear tyres.

Yes Dunlops!

21. P_G

P_G Active Member

To answer the OP’s question, I’m running 275/30/21 PS4S on my RS7 and they are so far very good. They are wearing quicker than my previous Dunlop Sportmaxx GT’s, they lasted 22k miles without rotating them, don’t think the Michelin’s will last that long.

As for price, got my PS4S’s delivered for £1020 and another £50 for fit, balance disposal, Dunlop’s are cheaper, I think they only cost my £900 all in. Pays to shop around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. far2tall

far2tall Active Member

I’d agree with P_G. I’ve been running Pilot Sport 4s for the last month or so and find them to be excellent. Noticeably better than the Goodyear Eagle F1’s that I replaced. I can’t really comment on wear rate just yet but unless less it’s way below average I can’t see me being unhappy with them. I paid £920 for 265/20/35’s fitted.

Tags: