The A3 (SPORTBACK) Mods

InvincibleA3

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a rear diffuser, roof spoiler , front as well as side skirts.

ive searched around on here but can't seem to find anything on exact part numbers for my car unless I'm looking in the wrong place

I've seen diffusers on eBay but wanting the correct one as well as genuine

could you please help me with the parts I need to source

Pics to help

Year: 2005

i have same model, and i am very interested in a rear defuser! the back end looks soo fat as it stands! lol

But you really want the diffuser, There is a fibre glass one on eBay , so will find out if it will fit without modifications.

Will be getting the rear lights converted to 2010

Well if you want the honeycomb you'll need the newer rear bumper. Otherwise you'd need S Line rear bumper for a grey diffuser. You looking to change the front bumper?

Well if you want the honeycomb you'll need the newer rear bumper. Otherwise you'd need S Line rear bumper for a grey diffuser. You looking to change the front bumper?

I'm just looking to add the extensions , rather than change bumpers , I've posted a pic of a rear spoiler , will this fit

Reactions: jordann
Uploadfromtaptalk1400010794624

That's my car pre and post bumper swaps.

Is that a diffuser picture you've posted? Can't tell if it'll fit, you got the part number?

It's a genuine part that fits 2004-2007 sportback models ,

Il need to find out from the guy

The rear bumper and diffuser is off an 09 plate S Line/Black edition car! Definitely worth it, car looks miles better from the back. The facelift lights make a big difference also.

Your cars the 8P... this forum uses 8P1, 8P2 and 8P3. 8P1 is for 3 doors with the split front bumper. 8P2 is our car, covers 2005-2008 and 8P3 covers 09-13 where the front end is changed, however the rear end is the same so the bumper and lights are a straight swap! Well for the lights you need some adaptors and coding done but fitting wise straight swap.

Reactions: discostu49
The rear bumper and diffuser is off an 09 plate S Line/Black edition car! Definitely worth it, car looks miles better from the back. The facelift lights make a big difference also.

Your cars the 8P... this forum uses 8P1, 8P2 and 8P3. 8P1 is for 3 doors with the split front bumper. 8P2 is our car, covers 2005-2008 and 8P3 covers 09-13 where the front end is changed, however the rear end is the same so the bumper and lights are a straight swap! Well for the lights you need some adaptors and coding done but fitting wise straight swap.

Thanks mate , much appreciated :)

I guess the rear bumper has to be off a 5 door for a straight swap ?

I've been quoted on here by a member so will be a mod il do once I get the bumpers sorted

Do you have any side skirts ?

My car is dark grey , should I go gloss black on the front grill or same colour as the car ?

Thanks mate , much appreciated :)

I guess the rear bumper has to be off a 5 door for a straight swap ?

I've been quoted on here by a member so will be a mod il do once I get the bumpers sorted

Do you have any side skirts ?

My car is dark grey , should I go gloss black on the front grill or same colour as the car ?

Yeah has to be 5 door mate. You been quoted for lights or bumper?

No side skirts yet, looking to pick up some OEM s3 sideskirts whenever they pop up at a decent price... you can get a replica set from ebay that don't look bad.

You mean the front grill surround? Gloss or matt black if you're getting it sprayed! Not swapping the front bumpers at all? And pretty sure you'd need an S line rear bumper for that diffuser to fit on.

haha Thanks mate :))
Now looking slightly forward for my RS3 grill these days, its on the way :))

Mine has a replica side skirt set, but I molded them together, now in 1 piece.. They were pretty fair for the price, and now I'm very satisfied with them..

I have the honeycomb diffuser with the small cap.. Its a little bit damaged but you wont notice it if u r not investigating especially. I'll let it go for 50 GBP easliy :)

Yeah has to be 5 door mate. You been quoted for lights or bumper?

No side skirts yet, looking to pick up some OEM s3 sideskirts whenever they pop up at a decent price... you can get a replica set from ebay that don't look bad.

You mean the front grill surround? Gloss or matt black if you're getting it sprayed! Not swapping the front bumpers at all? And pretty sure you'd need an S line rear bumper for that diffuser to fit on.

Il be getting the trim sprayed black

I won't be getting the sline bumper , just get a front diffuser off eBay , the fibreglass ones

£400 for rear lights , supply and fitted

Il have a look on eBay for the rear bumper then, will I need any brackets etc

haha Thanks mate :))
Now looking slightly forward for my RS3 grill these days, its on the way :))

Mine has a replica side skirt set, but I molded them together, now in 1 piece.. They were pretty fair for the price, and now I'm very satisfied with them..

I have the honeycomb diffuser with the small cap.. Its a little bit damaged but you wont notice it if u r not investigating especially. I'll let it go for 50 GBP easliy :)

Car looks awesome , what's the rear bumper you've got there ? That's what I want ;.

The headlights , is that a straight swap

Where did you connect your lower DRLS to on the bumper

Thanks

Its an RS3 bumper mate.. I got molded the 2 pieces, now its one piece..

My S6 leds, connected throught the fogs by an adaptor or somthing, I'm not sure the way they done..

The headlights were pain in the *** but ASH helped a lot. I still got the diagram, I can let it go to you if ASH approves, no problem :)

Taillights ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE mate, just chase on ebay at least for the half price..

Its an RS3 bumper mate.. I got molded the 2 pieces, now its one piece..

My S6 leds, connected throught the fogs by an adaptor or somthing, I'm not sure the way they done..

The headlights were pain in the *** but ASH helped a lot. I still got the diagram, I can let it go to you if ASH approves, no problem :)

Taillights ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE mate, just chase on ebay at least for the half price..

Your car looks ace mate :) defo need a rear bumper

Reactions: KemiksiZ
Driver noobs bumper was from my 09 plate sportback quattro . The correct bodykit /bumper extensions you need for yours are votex .the rear diffuser is very cheap to buy but the side skirts and front sp'itter /valance are as rare as hens teeth . Also the rear lights aren't that expensive to buy . Wiring them and coding is easy .
Making them full led is more of a task .

Hi thanks for your advice

The rear bumper ? Being the fibreglass one ? Do you have the link for the rear spoiler , I've checked eBay but don't know which one to get , I really like the s3 bumper but I don't want to spend too much lol

Tinted the windows today
Deflectors also arrived

such a nightmare getting out the sidelights , pulled and twisted :( can't seem to do it , how long does it to take off the front bumper and is it easy

Driver noobs bumper was from my 09 plate sportback quattro . The correct bodykit /bumper extensions you need for yours are votex .the rear diffuser is very cheap to buy but the side skirts and front sp'itter /valance are as rare as hens teeth . Also the rear lights aren't that expensive to buy . Wiring them and coding is easy .
Making them full led is more of a task .

Do you know whether the new audi 8v (2012/2013) rear bumper will fit the 5 door .

I've look on the other threads but no clear cut as the new bumpers are cheaper than the 2008/2010

Not much of an update , got the OEM lights from Audi and they work a treat , also changed the m3 screws as they were made out of cardboard lol

The badges will also be coming off this week

I'm getting all the parts together slowly so a work in progress

Best mod so far the mp3 transmitter and looks the part lol

Testing the front spoiler and the roof spoiler ;)

Parts will be fitted once I find the s3 bumper

Any better pictures of the boot spoiler? Any links?

Any better pictures of the boot spoiler? Any links?

The boot spoiler isn't fitted , just placed it over

Hope this helps

I got mine off eBay but there is another one on there:

eBay : 141319014347 (same seller I got mine)

Is it solid black?

My cars black, if it doesn't need a repaint I'm tempted :/

Is it solid black?

My cars black, if it doesn't need a repaint I'm tempted :/

Mine is not for sale lol

but the one on eBay is , message the guy for buy it now and he will sort you out and also ask him what colour it is , if same colour ten it's a good price TBH

Mine is not for sale lol

but the one on eBay is , message the guy for buy it now and he will sort you out and also ask him what colour it is , if same colour ten it's a good price TBH

Lol yeah, I meant the one on eBay haha.