The ‘Pay-It-Forwards’ Detailing Products Thread

Wise words & a timely reminder for everyone
Nice one @Jimbob76 - Its a fab idea & long may it continue IMHO

It is a great idea, I still have plenty to pay it forwards, as I am sure others do

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Bristle Hound
Another thought that could help trigger more BIF’s is if people post a product or type of product they need/want/looking for, that way it reminds everyone else of a QD, SF, shampoo, wheel cleaner, wax etc etc we may have and could offer

Reactions: V6_Man, Sandra, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
I will be posting in the next few days as just need to get to as have just put a full interior in my shed with the items I with to pay it forward.

Thought that would be the case buster - and thanks :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
Another thought that could help trigger more BIF’s is if people post a product or type of product they need/want/looking for, that way it reminds everyone else of a QD, SF, shampoo, wheel cleaner, wax etc etc we may have and could offer
@X3man - Nice one Nev :thumbs up:
Like the way the thread is evolving

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76

Good shout @X3man - 'tis a good idea, so post your 'wish' products people.

@Adam14 has already payed it forwards (before receiving anything) by sending out 2 separate products to 2 different people, so not expecting him to pay anything forwards for the BSD/Snow Foam bundle I'm sending (in this case I'm paying it backwards, lol).

Reactions: V6_Man, Adam14, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
This is such a great thread, Thanks to @Jimbob76 for the great idea, and thanks to all that are contributing and receiving :)

Reactions: AlS3BE, CHEZ, V6_Man and 3 others
Have these wheel protector trim dressing wheel cleaner and acid neutralising shampoo. Might help some one starting out. Trying to use the right products but on a budget myself. But like I said for someone starting out it may help
1ac235bf71b564c8ded95a7f64aa5bae.jpg

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Received a virtually unused 200ml tub of Obsession Wax Evolution V2 from @Radford212 today (well, it probably arrived about a week ago, but I’ve been away). Thanks a lot mate - a very generous offer and I’m looking forward to using it when it eventually stops raining! Smells great too.

View attachment 184060

To pay it forwards I’m offering half a bottle of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (BSD) - really a hydrophobic sealant spray rather than a quick detailer. Good durability, great gloss and great beading.

AND a 500ml (unused) bottle of Autobrite Direct Magi-Foam snow foam. A good snow foam and gets good reviews (took 2nd place in the Forensic Detailing channel’s snow foam mega test on the YouTube recently). If you want to try before you splash out on 5 litres of the stuff this is a good opportunity to give it a whirl.

View attachment 184061

Both come as a bundle offer and will be posted out together.

Any takers?

No worries, enjoy buddy :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Jimbob76
Tis time to 'pay-it-forward' after recently getting Wheel wax off @Scotty75

There are a few things that I'd like to offer forum members but I'll start with the Concours-Look R222 wax. I bought it last year and have used it only twice so far. Also, we are away tonight so, will upload an actual picture tomorrow when I return home showing how much is still left in the pot however there is enough to apply it at least 15-20 times . Pic below FYI:

7d9671ac1fe14639fd341b579d676b2e.jpg

The depth and gloss it gives along with beading is top-class again, pics FYI:

Beading:

a17d4f3ace4aa565b0bdbfd0d8838aa9.jpg

Depth & gloss:

3e537a98bfa5c9425021156e63053a58.jpg

The reason I am offering this is because I have recently bought CarPro CQuartz Lite, will be coating the car in the next few weeks and therefore would no longer need it and I'd rather someone here uses it . CQuartz Lite pic FYI:

482051620563a013dc0e4c6d340a86a7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, OCDaveS4, DW81 and 5 others
@Tashfeen.
If you don't mind I'll gladly take the R222. It's a product ive looked at a few times and quite keen to try out .

I'll post this evening with another product to pay forward

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man, Jimbob76 and NevMan
Tis time to 'pay-it-forward' after recently getting Wheel wax off @Scotty75

There are a few things that I'd like to offer forum members but I'll start with the Concours-Look R222 wax. I bought it last year and have used it only twice so far. Also, we are away tonight so, will upload an actual picture tomorrow when I return home showing how much is still left in the pot however there is enough to apply it at least 15-20 times . Pic below FYI:

7d9671ac1fe14639fd341b579d676b2e.jpg

The depth and gloss it gives along with beading is top-class again, pics FYI:

Beading:

a17d4f3ace4aa565b0bdbfd0d8838aa9.jpg

Depth & gloss:

3e537a98bfa5c9425021156e63053a58.jpg

The reason I am offering this is because I have recently bought CarPro CQuartz Lite, will be coating the car in the next few weeks and therefore would no longer need it and I'd rather someone here uses it . CQuartz Lite pic FYI:

482051620563a013dc0e4c6d340a86a7.jpg
Ought to say , that's some serious beading and gloss there Tash . Proper finish

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Have these wheel protector trim dressing wheel cleaner and acid neutralising shampoo. Might help some one starting out. Trying to use the right products but on a budget myself. But like I said for someone starting out it may help

The whole point behind this thread that @Jimbob76 cleverly thought of, was to offer decent products that may not be used in the coming months or year, so that others could make use of it.

<rant alert>
Without sounding rude @AlexA4Avant, you need to try a litter harder here.

I won’t be accepting requests from you for products I offer (will be posting up a few in the coming weeks) until I see you offering decent branded products to others.

<rant over>

Just a little reminder of them rules

Reactions: A4A4, Adam14, Scotty75 and 1 other person
I would like to add something to this thread if I may. I have carpro forte glass ceramic coating. I’ve used it once but if I’m being honest will go back to the gtechniq one. At work at the moment so got a pic of google of the product. If this is any good to anyone PM me

Cheers Dan

9F89B84A 8F27 4FBA 83B4 EA561688B405

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jimbob76, V6_Man and 3 others
@Tashfeen.
If you don't mind I'll gladly take the R222. It's a product ive looked at a few times and quite keen to try out .

I'll post this evening with another product to pay forward

And its gone

@Scotty75, I will post it Thursday lunch time buddy

Reactions: Jimbob76, NevMan and Scotty75
Not a problem buddy. I will post it Thursday lunch time
Top man Tash. Thank you

To pay it forward .......

I can offer a bottle of Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish, approximately 200ml + out of a 250ml bottle. Fantastic polish that gives a very high gloss finish. Letting it go as my current ongoing polish regime is now a 2 stage process.

Below image is from Google , busy week so whoever steps forward for this top class polish I'll post it at the weekend .
ec9ba26acf21f48395b810c9ab243cf2.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, A4A4, Jimbob76 and 2 others
Top man Tash. Thank you

I can offer a bottle of Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish, approximately 200ml + out of a 250ml bottle. Fantastic polish that gives a very high gloss finish. Letting it go as my current ongoing polish regime is now a 2 stage process.

Below image is from Google , busy week so whoever steps forward for this too class polish I'll post it at the weekend .

That was the quickest 'pay-it-forward' I have seen so far and I must admit a ****** brilliant product on the offer!
@Scotty75

Reactions: Adam14, Jimbob76 and Scotty75
That was the quickest 'pay-it-forward' I have seen so far and I must admit a ****** brilliant product on the offer!
@Scotty75
You're not wrong mate , the Sonax is mustard but now I'm doing a 2 stage using Sonax Cut Max and Menzerna 3800. The Menzerna is really good and once the whole car is fully corrected I'll likely stick with it .

Someone is getting a damn good product though ...... Step right up

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Top man Tash. Thank you

Below image is from Google , busy week so whoever steps forward for this top class polish I'll post it at the weekend .

Wow, what a product this is. Did my whole X3 in this, very very good product

This is what his thread is all about, fair play scotty

dece4eb0e4f93c93d85cd8129b00d9b6.jpg

Reactions: OCDaveS4, DW81, V6_Man and 1 other person
They say a picture says a thousand words ...... Need I say more ! X3 looks gorgeous ....... Hail the power of Sonax and hard graft

Reactions: DW81, NevMan and V6_Man
I would like to add something to this thread if I may. I have carpro forte glass ceramic coating. I’ve used it once but if I’m being honest will go back to the gtechniq one. At work at the moment so got a pic of google of the product. If this is any good to anyone PM me

Cheers Dan

View attachment 184091

No longer available, thanks for the likes folks

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76

The whole point behind this thread that @Jimbob76 cleverly thought of, was to offer decent products that may not be used in the coming months or year, so that others could make use of it.

<rant alert>
Without sounding rude @AlexA4Avant, you need to try a litter harder here.

I won’t be accepting requests from you for products I offer (will be posting up a few in the coming weeks) until I see you offering decent branded products to others.

<rant over>

Just a little reminder of them rules

I have to say I agree with @X3man here. I think it is reasonable to expect that if you accept a decent product (or products), then it isn’t really in the spirit of things to post garbage in return. This whole concept works on good faith and good will. Please respect it as such.

Reactions: scotty76, NevMan, Adam14 and 2 others
Agreed, reveal the name @DW81, who is the lucky one

I’ll quickly pm the member. If you don’t mind this is my first contribution to this thread so want to make sure that the chap in question does not mind me mentioning him

Thanks Dan

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
I’ll quickly pm the member. If you don’t mind this is my first contribution to this thread so want to make sure that the chap in question does not mind me mentioning him

Thanks Dan

. He shouldn't really and I wouldn't worry even if he/she does as we would then expect them to rerun the favour here and offer an alternative to other members as well. . It is all open mate

Reactions: Jimbob76, Scotty75 and Adam14
. He shouldn't really and I wouldn't worry even if he/she does as we would then expect them to rerun the favour here and offer an alternative to other members as well. . It is all open mate
agree, as the point of this thread is then that he/she then posts a product to "pay forwards" :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jimbob76, Scotty75 and V6_Man
In that case the chap is raidan, just sitting out the shipping details

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
Cheers lads, I just checked the bottle and I reckon there is enough to do the front wind screen and possibly the back. I thought there was more in it

Reactions: Jimbob76, V6_Man, NevMan and 1 other person
May have a few more products to move on, will keep you posted.

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Adam14
Wow, what a product this is. Did my whole X3 in this, very very good product

This is what his thread is all about, fair play scotty

dece4eb0e4f93c93d85cd8129b00d9b6.jpg
Bet you have this photo blown up and banged on to the wall you face whilst in bed...."night night X3 see ye in the morning" lol
Am off to Beemer land on Saturday,Jordan's place is going to fit my tyres for me and l can choose any demonstrator l want...for a hour....erm......lol

Reactions: OCDaveS4, BarryG79, Sandra and 3 others
Bet you have this photo blown up and banged on to the wall you face whilst in bed...."night night X3 see ye in the morning" lol
Am off to Beemer land on Saturday,Jordan's place is going to fit my tyres for me and l can choose any demonstrator l want...for a hour....erm......lol

Haha, not quite, but one of the few I have (so far) not on the drive.

Enjoy the joyride

Reactions: Sandra and Jassyo06
Ok, here is a little bundle:

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (almost full) - high gloss, protective paintwork sealant

Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing (unused) - cleans, projects and preserves.

Autoglym Clean Wheels (unused) - Removes brake dust from lacquered alloy, painted or plastic finishes

Comes as a bundle offer.

Attachments

• 7E45DA4B-833C-4BA3-B4E4-C898408C7BE7.jpeg
    7E45DA4B-833C-4BA3-B4E4-C898408C7BE7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
Reactions: Bristle Hound, A4A4, V6_Man and 3 others
Ok, here is a little bundle:

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (almost full) - high gloss, protective paintwork sealant

Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing (unused) - cleans, projects and preserves.

Autoglym Clean Wheels (unused) - Removes brake dust from lacquered alloy, painted or plastic finishes

Comes as a bundle offer.
Generous offer that mate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
And ready to be posted:

b041d09525d381e6742a73fbe4ebdf2e.jpg

Reactions: Jimbob76, Scotty75 and Sandra
Nice one Nev , good products on offer . Super efficient as well

Reactions: NevMan
Top man Tash. Thank you

To good to give away. lol

That's a generous offering to the polish gods.

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
Top man Tash. Thank you

Scotty, I will take it if still on offer, as won’t have enough of current one to do JCW

Reactions: Scotty75