That d**n gearbox

Rockall

Reaction score
2:48 in this video for how to change gear at slow speeds with the Lamborghini (Audi) gearbox. The RS3’s gearbox is its only weakness - instant, snappy shifts at high revs but a lazy lurch, accompanied by a long bellow like a cow giving birth, around town. Following Mr JWW’s advice, I now pull the paddle, ease off the throttle (stop accelerating more than ease off), wait for the next gear to engage and then pick up the throttle. With a bit of practice it becomes seamless and sounds a lot less embarrassing.

Reactions: mz21
Errrrrrr you do know the gearbox in the adventador is a single clutch automatic ?? Which is not even used in any Audi’s anymore who either used the ZF of the 7 speed dtc. The only time the single clutch was used was in the 1st gen R8 as the R tronic.

Reactions: jimojameso and Hal Adams
Technique works for me with the DCT.

I have to agree that the RS3 DCT sometimes feel like an old single clutch automatic gearbox, having lived with some in the past.

Reactions: Rockall
If you need to do this with your RS3 then something is wrong with the gearbox. The Aventador single clutch is nowhere near similar to the RS3 DQ-500.

Reactions: jaysrs4
I’m sure this was the technique on the first gen r8’s with this r Tronic box

If you need to do this with your RS3 then something is wrong with the gearbox. The Aventador single clutch is nowhere near similar to the RS3 DQ-500.

^ This - Maybe when its cold but should be tootling anyway.