Thanks Jonny!

Jameze

James
Reaction score
I thought it was about time Jonny (jb0o) got some proper exposure on here!

I'm sure most of you will already know him, just thought it was about time I added him to the list of "appreciation threads" :)

When I first got my car last year the first thing I did was drive up the motorway and meet him to get cruise control fitted. Excellent service! I only wanted it because it was a fun little gimmick for the money, turns out I now use it pretty much everyday.

The result:

5ZBaw.jpg

He knew exactly what he was doing so I was confident I'd definitely be returning for more once my bank account had started to recover from joining the 4-ring club.

I knew something was missing from the interior and was never pleased with the standard stereo (even with aux connectivity and an iPod dock). I was too used to having all my music on a USB stick from my previous car, so having to take a step back in time and go back to burning CD's was a bit of a downer!

I knew I needed an RNS-E unit :icon_thumright:

To purchase a brand new unit was far too expensive for my shallow pockets, and then after overcoming the fear of it being stolen or purchasing a dodgy and/or broken unit from eBay, I managed to snap up a good deal in the classifieds section from someone local to me (cheers A3 Craig!)

Fortunately for me I was going up to Newcastle at the end of the month so got in touch with Jonny to ask him if he'd be able to fit the new unit for me. I met up with him on the way back home as it was pretty much on the way for me.

I was so confident after the first time I met him that I just handed him my keys and walked off down the road to get some hangover food from McDonald's and leave him alone to get to work.

The only thing I was nervous about was returning to find that Jonny had been overrun by gypsies, my alloys had been nicked and a very trixed out gyppo cart was leaving the area with 4 rings crudely stuck the front. There was a fair few of them about this particular carpark! Not the usual meetup point but it was close to the motorway and quiet for a weekend :)

The result:

vwqDi.jpg

Totally transforms the car!

Thanks to Warren's build thread I also fitted the NuShield anti glare screen protector - I can't comment on what a difference it makes as I've had it on from day 1 but if it stops it getting scratched then I'm happy :)

Also a thanks to mike foster who met up with me the other night after I'd finished work to do (literally) 10 seconds worth of coding. Unfortunately when Jonny fit the RNS-E I asked him to play around with a few things for me which resulted in his laptop battery dying (d'oh!) and must have caused it to not save the coding on the Telephone Module from Low to High. It was only when I got home that I noticed my phonebook wasn't appearing on the RNS-E unit. I queried it with him and he knew what the problem was, got in touch with Mike on my behalf and asked him for a favour, then 10 seconds of being plugged into VCDS later and it was sorted!

I'm now finally happy with my car! If only my pockets were a little bit deeper though...

Also - I'm fully aware of how filthy it is around my gear stick :asskicking: I've neglected her for about a month now due to mountains of Uni work :(

Jonny is top top bloke, and is a credit to this forum. He deserves his exposure!!

Well deserved thanks to Jonny. Tidy job. Also to Mike foster, he is always on hand to help others in the forum. :)

Many thanks for the kind post James. Loved working on your motor, a fantastic example of a BE A3.

And a massive hats off to Mike Foster for helping me and James out!

Pleasure to meet you James and always willing to help out if needed ! Thanks for your kind comments.

Nice one boys, both very kind & helpful guys, nice job overall :)