1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Thanks for your help over the years!

AlexGSi2000 Oct 30, 2015

1. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Just a quick message to say thanks to everyone that has helped me out and offered advice over the past 3.5 years - particularly adamss24.

The A4 has been fun to own, had its fair share of issues (camshafts being one), but the time has come to try something else as the A4 has been the longest I have owned a car.

The A4 will be greatly missed, I had the car looking exactly how I wanted and its going to take a lot to beat!

I have been wanting to try out BMW for a little while now, so picked up a 2003 530D M-Sport manual for just over £2k, its nice to have some common-rail power along with a lot of scope for tunability combined with the intention of having some RWD fun.

The A4 is currently on ebay, finishing on Sunday, hoping I get back a fair amount for the time and money lavished on the car;
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Audi...520954?hash=item5b1b81e2ba:g:kGAAAOSwo0JWLNwM

So thats it from me, I will still be knocking about on the forums - you never know, if I miss the B6 enough I may fancy trying out a B7 3.0TDi in the future.

Some final photos;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AudiLeon likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Best of luck Alex. Sad to see you go. You have contributed so much to the forum. I'm pretty certain you will be back. Please stay in touch with us all. Enjoy the bmw. Hope you get a good price for the car, whoever buys it will be getting a quality, well looked after and maintained vehicle. :) x

4. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran

Oh another one defecting, looks like more of us ( myself included) are not staying with Audi for our next cars, for me it's standard spec. Audi are very low spec as standard and finding one with what I want is tiresome and somewhat frustrating when I look at the likes of BMW, Merc and alike and see lots of the things on my wish list as standard, I wonder what others reasons are.
    All the best for the future and enjoy the BMW.
    Matt

5. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Many thanks guys, the Audi sold yesterday for £2800, bit of a bargain considering the parts on there but the milage was the biggest offput.
    New owner has sent a deposit and is collecting on Tuesday.

6. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member

OM Days, £2800!! Thats shocking mate for such a nice car, we all got to move on sometime, nearly fell for the 530d before i bought mine, keep in touch mate, speak soon

7. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran

I would be happy with that for mine, but then again mine will be back to how I bought it and then a big jumble sale.
    All the best.

8. mattyb6

mattyb6 Active Member

Another one to go lol
    Probably be me next, but il be staying with Audi

All the best mate with the beemer

9. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

All the best mate