Thank You AMD Essex for remaping my B7 2.0TDi

Sim2cool

Reaction score
All I can say is although it didn't hit the quoted figures the car it is so much more drivable than before I can now be proper lazy with the gear changes without getting any grumbles from the engine and it pulls really well great for overtaking.
Also the fuel economy seems so much better now I can drive faster but still retaining roughly 800 miles to a tank Perfect.

Once again thank you to AMD Essex! :sm4:

What hp version of the tdi did you satart with and what are you making now out of interest? I know they're just numbers at the end of the day and the driving experience is what counts but I just thought it might help other members make a decision further down the line!?!

Cheers

800 miles out of a tank?! Jesus do you drive on a motorway all day at 60?!

What Bhp have you now got and what where you running at before?

AMD Lakeside remapped mine from 155 to 195 BHP!

****** expensive though, at £400.

The car started with 143.5 bhp 248.2lbft and now has 172.3 Bhp 276.7 lbft most of my journey is done on motorway or single carriageway where I can maintain speed.

With the standard map the highest fuel economy I got was 52mpg (This was using Vpower Diesel, Standard Diesel is about 2mpg lower)which I work out properly by always filling the tank up and writing down the mileage.

I will let you guys know the rough fuel economy with the map as I fill her up over the next few weeks.
This tank might not be to good because I have been doing a lot of mucking about seeing how it accelerates in different gears!

I want mine doing, mine is a 140, and was gonna go for a 185bhp map with induction kit from Angel tuning, only £250 and i've heard good things about them, any know?

Fahim I see in your signature that you have cleaned out your intercooler I am interested in knowing how you went about this as I have never bothered before so have no idea. Did you have to remove it from the car to clean it? sorry if these are stupid questions but I have no idea!

Also whats your exhaust like I am very tempted but they not cheap!

Hi Fahim
similar to Sim2cool, I would be interested in any advice you can give about cleaning the EGR valve and intercooler - how easy is it?
thanks
Jonny