tfsi quattro rear inner cv joints

andi m

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
has anyone heard of inner cv joints giving trouble on the quattro avant models, mine has a clonking noise from the rear axle area on pull away, happens more on a hill with weight in the car,

almost like on of the balls inside is sticky and reluctant to move,

Hi mate, I have a similar issue. 2006 audi s line avant 2.0 tfsi quattro.
mine seems to happen when the car is warm, a knocking noise from the rear left when pulling away up to around 20-30 kph and when going up hill slowly. I can best describe it as driving over cats eyes.
The only thing I could find out was about uneven tire wear causing the abs to play up, the guy stuck new tires on a solved the issue apparently.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/...uattro-Sport-Rear-Wheels-Making-Strange-Noise

Ive had a good look over it again and everything on the back end looks perfect, i was beginning to wonder if its odd tyre sizes and types

I think i had that problem, and before anything, i changed the trans and diff fluids, and bingo... problem solved! No more clonking pulling away uphill with steering locked!

Ah ok I ll try that, pretty straight forward

changed the rear diff oil today also rotated tyres, all seems good. thank god for that