TFSI LPFP power limit...

grainqey

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been playing with my car recently as far as parts go - ended up buying one of the turbo silencer delete along with boost pipes - which I keep managing to blow one of these off on one of the poorer boost pipe fittings!

Anyway, does anybody know roughly what the power limit is of the LPFP on the TFSI's, I've read somewhere on here that the S3 LPFP is just north of 400 if memory serves me right but does anybody know where the normal 2.0 TFSI LPFP runs out - yes I know its supposed to be less haha? I think I may be getting fuel cut but just wondering if it's likely to be LPFP or if its my LOBA HPFP getting tired?

I can post logs but unsure if it's fuel pressure on the low pressure side or the high pressure side?
I've read that the low pressure side sensor can cause issues

Thanks
Alex

I had a REVO Stage 1 ...around 300 BHP and needed to change to HPFP.

I had a REVO Stage 1 ...around 300 BHP and needed to change to HPFP.

Graingey is asking about the LPFP limits,not the stock HPFP.

The S3 LPFP will last to between 400-440bhp,but I don't know the LPFP's limit on the TFSi.
You need to look at duty cycle on the pump if that's possible,and see if it's at 100%,as otherwise it's down to drops in rail pressure which may not tell you which pump is limited.

Having said that,the Loba HPFP is very unlikely to be the cause of your problem,as others are getting over 450bhp on that pump,with suitable LPFPs on the S3.
A popular upgrade is the RS pump,but you do need either an appropriate controller,or software to run that.
Rick @ Unicorn can do that.

Reactions: grainqey
Thanks for the replies!
Yeah I've got a feeling its the LPFP which is the issue - the bum dyno says its getting up there power wise as its a bit mental mid-range but seems to hit a wall on full load, redline gearshifts.

I've been eyeing up the RS pump but looks like i'll need that controller too!

Thanks
Alex