TFSI CYL ON DEMAND VS DIESEL ???????

BigD - is there any markings on your COD to distinguish it as a cod, perhaps on the engine. I can't find anything and it doesn't seem to say much in the manual!

Haha, NO!

Have no way to tell they didn't give me the 122PS (other than on the invoice)!!!

There doesn't even seem to be any indicator to say it is running on 2 cylinders. As much as I have tried I'm yet to notice any change in engine characteristics. There might be a slight lag when you put your foot down but that could easily be the turbo..

Still if it is working it seems to be working well. Maybe with a little more time behind the wheel I might notice the cylinders shut off.

Yeah, I was really worried that they'd given me a 122, but then realised I was in efficiency mode. Turned that to auto and never looked back. Although it Would be nice to see a badge on the engine and maybe something in the dis when it's running in 2 cyl mode so I know when to feel smug!

I also picked up my COD this weekend. I'm loving it so far. Managed 49.5 mpg on a mix of country roads and motorway this afternoon. I can't feel the switch either, but if you watch the instant mpg on the display, I think you can tell. 6th gear on the motorway you can see it jump from around 35 mpg up to over 50 on the flat when you're cruising at 70mph. It then drops again if you accelerate or hit a hill.

Ah, good thinking, il have a look next time. Does anyone know wether having cruise control on means it doesn't activate?

Ah, good thinking, il have a look next time. Does anyone know wether having cruise control on means it doesn't activate?

I've never seen anything to suggest cruise control should stop it from working. I'd be rather disappointed if it did.