tfsi breather/vacuum diagram(s)

Darren1983

Reaction score
is there anyone who could provide me with a diagram of the hoses on the 2.0 tfsi engine, im going to check everything for a leak but don't know where to start.

ive had a look online but cant find anything anywhere.

thanks
darren

Don't have a diagram but see if a local garage can run a smoke test, that should eliminate any leaking hoses.

If you're local to Birmingham give @A3Lee a shout, he did my smoke test and is a top bloke :)

I live in Bradford mate.

was going to try find someone local but thought if I at least had a diagram I could check first myself.

Oh I forgot to reply to your other thread. Take a look at http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/VW/Misc/VW.COM_2.0L_FSI_Turbo_SSP_821503.pdf - help you understand the flow of various things.

Also I made a boost tester. I'd offer to send it to you and for you to post back, but that probably would cost more than it would to buy the bits yourself. I ordered a tractor tyre valve off ebay for £2.48 and a PVC pipe end glue cap stop end for £4.01 also from ebay. drilled a hole and put the the valve through it an additional dollop of glue and there was my boost tester done. Plugs straight in the TIP.

I also disconnected the rear breather that goes from the rocker cover to the turbo and blocked that with a brass stop end (quid or so from toolstation).

I then removed oil filler cap so as not to pressure the crancase and pumped up with a footpump. My problem is that I could hear bubbling through the oil sump. I think I had some leakage of air past my turbo oil seals - which I understand can be expected as the seals need to heat up to properly seal.

I meant to get round to making another boost tester that fits an intercooler pipe and pressurise from there but never got round to it and looking at VCDS, it is telling me I don't have a vacuum leak or a boost leak. What are you block 32 values - what are they saying?

that document is really helpful mate thanks.

to be honest when I look at the vcd logs I haven't a clue. I ask the chap who did them for me and has been very helpful from the beginning if h could put them in laymans terms but I was still non the wiser haha.

So you have your own version of vcds?

Can you remind me (or link if easier) to what you have changed on your car.

Pcv
N75
N80
Thermostat
Timing belt
Balance shafts sprocket
Pick up pipe
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
Dv valve
Air filter

I think that's everything mate. There might be more.

I've got the logs he sent me as a excel document

Daz, took a look at the logs. Some quick comments are that your MAF logs v similar to mine, low and high pressure fuelling too (the fact your low goes to 3.8 on full draw is same as mine) and high pressure logs closely which seems good. Lambda seems to react ok too.

The one thing I noted on boost is that your request spikes much higher than mine. On your log, your boost request jumps straight to 1820 and then slightly decreases. Mine would instead go to 1660, then 1720, then start decreasing. Not sure if this an issue at all or in fact which is better/correct.

What would be interesting if you have another go on VCDS is to look at the values in block 32. If you are doing any runs, be interested to see if you get any misfires.

il try get some more logs done mate.

its interesting that you say see if I get any misfires because it does feel as though its misfiring at times, when drive at low revs and slowly increasing, also when stationary for a while, I sometimes feel a 'blip'