Text Messages

oufc1976

Reaction score
Quick one. When you have your phone hooked up via Bluetooth is there any way to send/respond to text messages via the MMI?

Yes, as long as your phone supports the appropriate bluetooth profiles

I should clarify - you can respond with one of a set of pre-defined templates (which you can alter). If you aren't moving you can write your own though. If you have connect, you can dictate messages on the move.

cemerson:2092069 said:
Yes, as long as your phone supports the appropriate bluetooth profiles

Thanks. Assuming phones such as HTC One, iPhone 4/5 and Galaxy S3 will have the necessary profiles?

Android phones: yes. iPhones: Only the latest 1 or 2 I think, not sure here.

I'd love to but damn Audi haven't built my car yet...

Could we please get somebody with iPhone 5S to confirm that this works ?

I have an iPhone 5 and this will show you text messages and emails received while the phone is connected, it will also read them to you but you can't reply :(

I had the activate this in the bluetooth profile of the phone to make it work, I think it was "allow notifications" or something like that?

It is fair to assume that the reading/show of SMS message is only possible with the MMI+ and the right phone with a bluetooth profile that supports that feature. And therefore reading/show SMS on the SD based MMI is not possible no matter what phone you have?

I didn't think it was anything to do with whether you have tech pack or not

Works on my Note II, not tried any other phones. Tech pack + Connect.

Text message support hasn't worked on my HTC One X, iPhone 5 or nexus 5 with tech pack.

Mine didn't on my iPhone 5 until I turned on "show notifications" ;)

On your iPhone go to settings, then bluetooth, click on the i logo next to Audi pairing and turn on "show notifications"
Then in the bluetooth settings in the car pair your phone for messages.

Hope this works for you :)

Reactions: mjcourtney