1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Text i DIS with Dension BT lite and RNS-E?

Marius87 Feb 19, 2019

1. Marius87

Marius87 Member Audi A4

Hello,

Has anyone gotten text in the DIS display when streaming music with their Dension BT lite?
    is it even possible?
    In my old B7 with 1din concert it was fitted from before, and i think i had it there, but now in my latest B7 with RNS-E it doesnt appear

It work with the MFSW controls, but only says CD 5 and track 1-99

I can get into the "setup" menu i CD1 and change between track 1-3 that accordingly to denion is the text edit menu on BMWs, but i cant get it confirmed or something to show display text

Anyone know how to with the RNS-E?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

The Audi CD changer interface doesn't support text, looking at the wiring diagrams it seems this sits on the CD changer and will not display text

4. Marius87

Marius87 Member Audi A4

Not sure if i understand you, (english is not my native language), you mean the cd-changer itself, or the entrance in the headunit?
    The densionbox is connected thru the cd-changer entrance on the HU yes, but i never had cd-changer in this one:)

5. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

The Head unit CD changer interface is not able to support TEXT.

Dension get around this by using the DIS and intercepting the CAN BUS messages, but the lite interface does not support or do this.