Test drive of the A3 done and. . . . .

the milage is stupid on them i knw audis are good but evan so you dont want an oap

Well the S-line one in cardiff sold last night, it is hard tryign to find a good mileage example most are close to or over 100k

Which isnt really an issue as long as its been looked after but the search continues

that the problem i have with finding my sport back. i wont have more thank 50k on it

Well with my budget I'm just going to have to accept it, but - know the TDI engines if looked after will go on and on :)

Id say they were all over priced considering the mileage.

It took me nearly 2 months to find mine but they do come up with good mileage but you just have to be patient,be prepared to travel and be quick when the right one comes up.I was trawling all the car sites every day/night lol.

Bought mine within 1hr of it being advertised

Reactions: 55_UK
Well its a bit over what i wanted to pay but the spec looks rather good :D

2006 AUDI A3 2.0 TDi S line

Not a bad price that really for an S-Line sportback. I would say that mileage is "average", any TDI of that age at 50k or less is very low as very few are privately bought, most are bought for business/higher mile use. Hence why the odd low mileage ones get snapped up quickly, doesn't necessarily mean the higher milers are overpriced.

ideally im now trying find any models after 05' but they are all coming in just over my budget or have a high mileage, my 20yr old mk2 has only 20k more on the clock than some of these 6yr old cars lol

found a couple around 11k some with 40k on just need to sell mine. have the other cash waiting. acording to what car ( last night) mine worth around 8.7k standard.

ideally im now trying find any models after 05' but they are all coming in just over my budget or have a high mileage, my 20yr old mk2 has only 20k more on the clock than some of these 6yr old cars lol

Haha, I'm the same. Old Golf just turned 115k the other week. I've seen 3 or 4 year old cars with that!

well thats how much there worth. putting mine up for 8.4k looking to get just over 8k.

I seen an se on the trader last week with 67k 06 3dr up for 10.5 now thats ott

Im looking at an 06 sportback with 70k, full roof ,xenons ,drl,auto wash ,wipers ,in fact its specced hugely .£7990 with a trader
So hows your standard worth £8700?Our finance company said the car we are viewing books at £7775??? take my advise mate price it wisely or its going to be on your drive a long time

i have been offered 7.5 trade time and time again

must admit alot if not all of the 140 TDI sports ive seen online way over what nally asking for and with more miles

If I had the cash readily avil i would prob look at it but I dont so finance is the only option for me :p

Reactions: nally
Its worth what someone is willing to pay

:end_of_discction:

You always have to get the last word in :p

It aint worth £8700 lmfao

If someone had £8700 and wanted a car with that spec and was willing to pay £8700 then thats what its worth. If someone was willing to pay £9000 then thats what its worth etc etc

Mate put it up for sale for that price then .i have to say the car is worth what a buyer will pay thats true .but as an ex car salesman .My advice is not to try to sell in this climate for top buck .if you get £8700 then fair go, but i think the phone could lay silent for longer at that price .the thing going for it is the milage 46 k? ,a basic spec is not sought after though ...

as mentioned its going up for 8.4 ish to achive 8k any less than that i am keeping it.
waiting dor dvla to send my retention back, i will keep the fourm up to date.
just got a bad feelling that ill get me sport back and miss this one

I know carbase. Got my Audi from them. Decent dealer but they got poor sales department. Car were mint when I turned up to collect it, all clean and tidy, engine bay sparkling new so was inside.

Good to hear from someone who has used them, I would of expected the car to be in that condition if I came to collect it, but the guy im dealing with sounds like a decent bloke i had spoke to them a couple of wks ago about the car and he was very helpfull

see how it goes tomorrow :) going to ring them on my lunch so i can have a quick look at the MOT History fingers crossed this one is nice and clean!

Last edited:
check cambelt! good luck

p.s. an 06 is never worth that

good example here Bipod Cars : AUDI A3 1.9 TDI SPORT NEW SHAPE 2009 MODEL

That looks like a great example,

The one i saw today wasnt that great key marks all down one side and massive stone chips on the bonnet and the front grill was a bit tatty. after speaking to me about my 'budget' they did show me this other A3 was a black 5 door 170 TDI sport 82k on the clock was a bit over my budget but in very good condition.

still dont really know what to do! i dotn really wnat to buy a car based on my max monthly budget as that just pushes cost up! although the 170 was nice, just seems alot of money still for what your getting :p

Last edited:
ive heard the 170's are not good engines. reports of some DPF problems say they are a costly thing to sort out. i think in your budget you should look for an 04/54/05 - they are good value at the moment. anything 06 comes under the facelift category and adds value.

i was going to go for a 56 plate sport, but then thought an exact same model in 05 was available for approx £1000 less with bose and alcantara seats - it was sold though :( lol

but point being, get a decent 05/04 then do the facelift yourself to an s-line (which i was going to do anyway on a single grille 2006 model as the bumper is still horrid on those.)

good call , well im still searching ;) see how lon git takes to find the right one!