Facelift Tesla model 3 vs RS3 [emoji15]

Well that was a somewhat disappointing result all around :blow:

Highlighted the RS3 and all its values that we know well, sounds incredible on those fly by’s....

The Tesla could be faster than a fighter jet and it still wouldn't interest me.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: grainqey, NevMan, Bryant1998 and 8 others

TX.

Had a drive in an M5 yesterday (standard, not the competition pack). Must say, what a stunning car and really did go well. Still not sure it’s visceral enough for you though!

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
Had a drive in an M5 yesterday (standard, not the competition pack). Must say, what a stunning car and really did go well. Still not sure it’s visceral enough for you though!
Ha ha ;) Comp has sports exhaust as standard so sounds pretty good on the move. Burbles on the over run and loud enough to hurt the ears a bit when giving it some. Still "refined" though I guess so yeah perhaps needs a bit more ;) trouble is all the modern cars are getting quiter, darn noise regs and GPFs!

TX.

Reactions: NevMan, infernox, AudiNutta and 1 other person

TX.

Same here :icon thumright:

The Tesla's look bland & sound even blander.

The HUGE ipad controlling everything would do my head in too.

Reactions: Bryant1998, sve170 and AudiNutta
One good thing to note, the Audi was over 5 secs quicker than a Golf R.

Reactions: AudiNutta
The Tesla could be 100 times faster but I’d still have the rs3 or even the m2 comp than that dull boring heap.

Reactions: Bryant1998, sve170 and AudiNutta

I test drove a model s 100d - the fast one - just awful to drive, probably fine as a cruiser. The ipad screen was massively distracting

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I test drove a model s 100d - the fast one - just awful to drive, probably fine as a cruiser. The ipad screen was massively distracting

Really wow that’s not good.
I think there is a small minority’s who have embraced the tesla’s & are pushing its 1 trump card of massive acceleration ... but beyond that it has zero emotion or excitement imo.

I totally get we need to cut Co2 etc, but today’s modern petrol & diesel cars are WAY beyond those a decade ago and are ultra clean.

Petrol cars have massively improved mpg & have very clean engines. Diesel cars have immense mpg & are very clean too.

I can get my head around hybrid so you have the option to run on zero emissions in town centres etc but for me full electric is many years away and I just love the sound track of an engine and exhaust ... the RS3 has shown me that big time. I fear the day I have to lose that & go full electric.

Reactions: grainqey and sve170
Dunno if it's true of the Model 3, but I read somewhere that most Teslas aren't able to do their 'ludicrous mode' acceleration on demand, the batteries have to be pre-warmed for 10 minutes or so beforehand or something. So if you pull up to the lights alongside one, he's not going to be able to give it the car's full beans. Not sure how true this is.

Dunno if it's true of the Model 3, but I read somewhere that most Teslas aren't able to do their 'ludicrous mode' acceleration on demand, the batteries have to be pre-warmed for 10 minutes or so beforehand or something. So if you pull up to the lights alongside one, he's not going to be able to give it the car's full beans. Not sure how true this is.

Very interesting.

Interesting what else cones up when you search the net ...

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-s-launch-mode-max-battery-power-missing/

This does not surprise me at all & must be a concern for the uk in cold winters

https://insideevs.com/news/341140/tesla-model-3-range-down-42-in-cold-weather/

I had a little traffic light GP with a colleague on the way to work the other day. He's got a Model S P90D, I've got a 2018 FL RS3. Not sure how ludicrous mode works or if it's on the P90D's, but he definitely didn't have time to put it in any sort of mode. Anyway, neither us used launch control and just went for it on green. I put about a length and a half on him to 60mph (I was shocked!) and then the gap stayed pretty much the same for about another 4-5 seconds past that. Was expecting him to maybe be slightly ahead of me. Was really impressed with the RS3! Anyone else had a run in with one?

Reactions: jaysrs4 and jimojameso
I had a little traffic light GP with a colleague on the way to work the other day. He's got a Model S P90D, I've got a 2018 FL RS3. Not sure how ludicrous mode works or if it's on the P90D's, but he definitely didn't have time to put it in any sort of mode. Anyway, neither us used launch control and just went for it on green. I put about a length and a half on him to 60mph (I was shocked!) and then the gap stayed pretty much the same for about another 4-5 seconds past that. Was expecting him to maybe be slightly ahead of me. Was really impressed with the RS3! Anyone else had a run in with one?

He was probabaly too busy faffing round with the centre console ipad lol :)

Reactions: infernox, sve170, jimojameso and 1 other person
Anyone else had a run in with one?
I had a traffic light GP with an X that lives round the corner from me. He had his son in the passenger seat who had eyes all over my car and he goaded his old man on... I destroyed it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: grainqey
Afaik they need to be in ludicrous mode to get their very best acceleration. I was against one at Rockingham 200m dash and it got away from me off the line then stayed there (B9 RS4). Fyi the 4 was getting to 60 in 3.3s a good 0.3s quicker than my RS3.

TX.

Afaik they need to be in ludicrous mode to get their very best acceleration. I was against one at Rockingham 200m dash and it got away from me off the line then stayed there (B9 RS4). Fyi the 4 was getting to 60 in 3.3s a good 0.3s quicker than my RS3.

TX.

667569eb966d2c1bcda760c4cacc0a5e.jpg

Reactions: Terminator x

I have a work colleague who has a Tesla on order, he is probably the MOST BORING person I have ever come across. The Tesla will suit him perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998, RAF_S7, FBF01 and 2 others
I have a work colleague who has a Tesla on order, he is probably the MOST BORING person I have ever come across. The Tesla will suit him perfect.

I think there is a reason why fully electric cars only represent 0.9% of new car sales in the UK.
These cars are appealling to a very small minority.
It is still VERY early stages in the UK and you DO need to baby sit these cars, plan trips, warm the cars in winter, constantly think about range and charge these things.
If you are happy to do all that then fine, but for me the UK is at least a decade away from it becoming remotely viable to look at these cars with any degree of normality and potentially relability as I have read numerous stories of tesla unreliability and poor build quality not to mention software updates affecting cars.
And yes they are rather bland in looks both inside & out, albeit the tech looks impressive.

Reactions: BD55SOL, NevMan, TYb and 3 others
I think there is a reason why fully electric cars only represent 0.9% of new car sales in the UK.
These cars are appealling to a very small minority.
It is still VERY early stages in the UK and you DO need to baby sit these cars, plan trips, warm the cars in winter, constantly think about range and charge these things.
If you are happy to do all that then fine, but for me the UK is at least a decade away from it becoming remotely viable to look at these cars with any degree of normality and potentially relability as I have read numerous stories of tesla unreliability and poor build quality not to mention software updates affecting cars.
And yes they are rather bland in looks both inside & out, albeit the tech looks impressive.

Then there is the constant Apple style updating of everything
Imagine going out to it one morning and it didn’t like the update so won’t go anywhere

Reactions: NevMan and sve170
Then there is the constant Apple style updating of everything
Imagine going out to it one morning and it didn’t like the update so won’t go anywhere

Yes mate I have seen a few discussions on the net about that too which hadn't even occured to me initally but I suppose makes sense.
These things are essentially a mobile computer so regular updates is a neccessary thing - jees how often do modern TV's update nowadays even !
I genuinely do have a respect for what Tesla have produced - but the UK is not California and these cars do have limitations and come with too much baggage for my liking.

Reactions: NevMan and sve170

PMSL

Yes mate I have seen a few discussions on the net about that too which hadn't even occured to me initally but I suppose makes sense.
These things are essentially a mobile computer so regular updates is a neccessary thing - jees how often do modern TV's update nowadays even !
I genuinely do have a respect for what Tesla have produced - but the UK is not California and these cars do have limitations and come with too much baggage for my liking.

And wait till they get hacked or a virus

Reactions: DW81, Snake Pliskin and T-800
That thread is no longer with us :icon thumright:

Well whichever mod zapped it deserves a few beers I would happily oblige.

At least now we don’t need to hear further ramblings on how FANTASITIC the drive of the model 3 is.

Family friendly site or not, he is a knob****

Reactions: BD55SOL, Snake Pliskin, AudiNutta and 1 other person

At least now we don’t need to hear further ramblings on how FANTASITIC the drive of the model 3 is.

I don’t drink beer Nev. :)

Reactions: V6_Man, zaka7, BD55SOL and 2 others

Bit strong X3man.....

I don’t like BMW’s but you don’t hear me calling people for buying one.......

Oh wait well there was that one time, when a member went ‘off piste’ on another forum

I got him on Ignore now anyway so the world is again peaceful ;)

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, AudiNutta and T-800
I got him on Ignore now anyway so the world is again peaceful ;)

TX.

Until you start a BMW M5 comp is the greatest car in the world thread TX

Cue animations of out of control BMW’s

Remember on the other forum how some of the BMW infiltrators got bent out of shape about it

I wouldn't be so arrogant Sean, love Audi's still and would never slag them off here or anywhere else. Although tbf Audi are making it hard to love the modern ones ...

TX.

Edit - the out of control BM GIF was hilarious though ;)

Reactions: BD55SOL, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I wouldn't be so arrogant Sean, love Audi's still and would never slag them off here or anywhere else. Although tbf Audi are making it hard to love the modern ones ...

TX.

Edit - the out of control BM GIF was hilarious though ;)

After looking at the TCR today for the wife I’m tempted to chop in mine a little bit.......
6d6afe71ccb74a90ce7ca7799958627d.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, Terminator x and Snake Pliskin
Damn & I was warming to a Tesla lol :icon thumright:

Reactions: Terminator x
I don’t drink beer Nev. :)

It was mildly entertaining Sandra ... but thanks for zapping as it was getting a bit beyond it :icon thumright:

Maybe we will club together & get you a bottle of the good stuff then yeah :cocktail::wineglass::yes:

Reactions: Sandra and Terminator x
TCR does look a nice car though :icon thumright:

Indeed Snake and this particular one was 38k.
They also had a brand new R in Tumeric with the Akropovic exhaust option at 44k however been there done that.