1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Model 3 Performance

oliquattro Jun 20, 2019

1. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

No haters here please. :) Just constructive Tesla pricing, quotes and information. That would be just lovely.

I have committed to a Tesla M3p but wanted to share lease deals which are available at the moment.

Dual Motor, AWD, 0-60 3.2 seconds. Instant power delivery. 50% faster than an S4. Significantly quicker than RS4 and M3 easily.

So a Tesla Model 3 Performance in Grey with Black Interior....this is with drive-electric using Lex Auto-lease. The Grey exterior is an extra.

Personal and Business now available;

Zero deposit. £607 a month for 36 months.
    Zero deposit. £700 a month for 24 months.

5000 free supercharger miles.

You can choose to pay a deposit if you like but there’s no point.

Anyway just thought I’d put this out there because most people don’t realise there are lease options available for the Model 3.

Should be getting mine quite soon! Excited! I’ll still have my S4 when the Tesla gets here so will be brilliant to compare and destroy the Audi lol. Can’t wait to give it back!

Here is the drive electric link. Note the quotes are based on paying a deposit and standard black paint. The quotes I have shared above are ZERO deposit in Grey.

https://www.drive-electric.co.uk/vehicles/tesla-model-3-performance-lease/

CHEZ likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Spoke to Tesla today and they are estimating two weeks for the first test drives for the Model 3 Performance. Didn’t want to give exact date but they are all landing in the country!

Attached Files:

4. A4B9

A4B9 Active Member Team Moonlight TDi saloon Audi A4 quattro

Model 3 or Model Y performance is definitely on my list once the term on my M140i is up in a few years

oliquattro likes this.
  5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

5K miles @ that price, regardless of the car I could not sign a PCP or PCH for 5K miles a year.

6. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Sorry I think you may have misunderstood....that’s 5,000 free supercharger miles.

That means you can top up your car for free at Tesla supercharger points. Basically 6 months of free electricity and mileage (approx £1000-£1500 equivalent petrol). You can drive your car for 5,000 miles without paying for it.

This lease quote is based on 10,000 miles a year.

Even if you didn’t get free supercharger miles; 10,000 miles in a Tesla costs £300-£400 in electricity vs my £3000 in my B9 S4 (which is significantly slower). Model 3P is quicker than an Rs6 too lol

If you have economy 7 meter; 10,000 miles costs £150-200 a year lol

Tesla have just updated the Tesla Model 3 over-the-air and it now charges 20% quicker lol. Seriously fast charging now! I only do 30-40 miles a day so will charge at home on economy 7 night time tariff :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  7. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Shame the next 140i is a 4 pot 2 litre AWD. I used to have a 1 series coupe, loved it.

Also a shame the next S4 is a diesel. :(

My girlfriend is getting the Model Y but not the performance one lol she absolutely sh*t herself in the P100D Model X. Asked us to pull over and stop. LMAO.

8. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

Nope, the one in your link states 5K miles.
    upload_2019-6-21_22-11-18.png

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  9. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

Thats how long the battery lasts :haha:

B5NUT likes this.
  10. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

The quotes above are 10,000 miles per annum. That’s for a M3P in Grey.

The link is their basic package and making it 10,000 miles is easy and not expensive.

11. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Grow up.

Model 3 batteries and drive units are covered by an 8 year warranty.

My S4 is 18 months old, absolutely drinks fuel and oil, overheats for no reason and emergency brakes for no reason. £3600 a year fuel @18mpg average for 10,000 miles spirited driving and £500 a year road tax. Lame. It’s also slow, has serious turbo lag, has zero aggression, underwhelming, boring??....but yeah V6 sounds great.

Who cares about batteries lol

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/vehicle-warranty

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  12. Avatar

13. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Like I said the quote above is based on 10,000 miles in Grey. The link is a link a to their website.

Feel free to call drive-electric yourself, good sir.

F*ck is it with people these days.

14. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

Who cares about Tesla’s.
    Go post in a Tesla Forum :racer:

15. B5NUT

No thanks I've go no interest in a tesla..

That is a very good question.

First you post a link with a link to a 5K miles per year deal
    Then you say I'm wrong it's for battery charging
    Then I point out that it the actual per annum mileage of the car
    Then you start swearing
    What is it with people these days.:icon thumright:

16. A4B9

The hostility to electric cars on car forums is something else, I really don’t get it

Bryant1998 likes this.
  17. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

Same to 60 as RS4 as mine was timed at 3.3. Fair play to the Tesla tbf but not my cup of Darjeeling.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

oliquattro likes this.
  18. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

This is awesome.

I think people are just bitter about electric cars because they’ve never driven one.

They are ballistic fast.

Anyway that’s beside the point, this thread is for constructive pricing and quote information. The quotes I have provided are 10,00 miles per annum.

If you don’t want a Tesla, there’s pretty much no point contributing to this thread. We don’t want it to go off topic now do we?

Cheers boys.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  19. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Lol made this myself

Attached Files:

20. terminator x

How much is it new rather than monthly?

TX.

21. A4B9

£53140 for a base spec performance model

22. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Have driven 2 different electric cars, one of which was the Tesla S. it’s not for me, just as others on here quite rightly say. You may be better off joining a Tesla forum with like minded people who share you interest in that brand.

Snake Pliskin and THQuattro like this.
  23. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

I rather like Tesla's me.
    Just a tad on the pricey side for myself

last year at gti international there was an RS7 going around the track destroying everything, some bloke rolled up on the Sunday and absolutely smashed everything, and I mean everything.
    Was quite good to see.
    He could only stay out a while though, in the mean time the RS7 just kept going around and around lol.
    Got knows how much juice he rinsed that weekend.
    Sounded tremendous
    The Tesla on the hand, silent

Sandra likes this.
  24. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Tesla do a 5 year deal where you can actually purchase the car if that’s your cup of tea. Not for me though. Yes they are on the pricey side but Performance is Performance.

25. CHEZ

I know I looked lol

oliquattro likes this.
  26. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

No I’m OK thanks.

Moderator said make a new topic about Tesla so I make a new topic in the correct category!

Now moderator suggests I leave the forum!

No thanks!

27. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

I didn’t say you had to leave the forum. I just think you will get more out of like minded members that are as enthusiastic about Tesla than what we are here. Your more than welcome to stay.

28. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Aww thanks!

My first car was an Audi A3. I’ve had Audis for 20 years! I have two at the moment and will keep my 3.0 TDI A4 Avant until it dies! My GF has an Audi and my brother has one too, his GF also has one. I can not wait to give the S4 back though. Underwhelming in power delivery.

I am an AWD power fanatic. The whole family is; we love and rely on Audi especially in winter months during foot-deep snow.

I test drove a Model x P100D and it blew my mind.

Tesla simply fall into that “easy to drive, effortlessly fast” category that Audi have dominated for years.

A Tesla is not a BMW. But it feels like a hugely faster Audi. I mean huge. Scary fast! If you haven’t driven a P100D or Model 3 Performance, then for gods sake please go see what it’s all about.

Go and test drive a P100D or M3P and tell
    me it doesn’t absolutely blow your mind. The Model X is over 780BHP!!! I am 30 and it gave me heart palpitations; should come with a health warning!!!! I sh*t myself and GF wanted to get out of the car. My brother was grinning ear to ear.

Like I said at start of thread, no haters. This is constructive. I will still have my A4 diesel for years to come, so I’m not totally dislocating from the Audi brand!

If Audi had had a coupe or Avant that does 0-60 in 3 seconds I would buy it now but they simply don’t!!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  29. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Karma guys. I am simply talking about seriously fast cars.

Electric, petrol, diesel it doesn’t matter.

If there is a car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds and costs £53,000 brand new and beats an M3 round a track then please let me know.

Not being a w*nker just please let me know rather than attacking. :)

Let’s be constructive! I just want the fastest 50K car money can buy. What is wrong with that? I’m sure Audi will overtake one day.

In 2040, all petrol and diesel new car sales are banned so let’s get over this lol. It invites good debate and that’s only a good thing in such a popular car forum.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  30. terminator x

RS4 was close :)

TX.

Edit - re electric pls remember different strokes for different folks. I have driven them and don't like them at all. For me the world will be poorer when ICE cars are gone.

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  31. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Driven three electric cars and I only liked the P100D. Only one that felt mental. But I don’t think they’re worth 100K. The Model 3 is reasonable IMO.

It was on Top Gear yesterday, worth a watch.

As long as it’s significantly quicker than my S4 and cheaper to run it should be a winner.

The only downside to Tesla that I’ve experienced from actually test driving them is they need more oomph at high speeds. Another gear. The Porsche Taycan apparently has another gear to address this, but probably 150 grand. You can see on Top gear that over 120mph a 6 litre turbo will catch up....and it takes half a mile.

Model 3 Performance test drive in 2 weeks hopefully!!! Gonna call every day! Lol

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  32. terminator x

Imho you can't necessarily trust these tests as being like for like e.g. the petrol cars may be sandbagged. My stock RS4 was at Rockingham vs a P100d and yes it got away off the line but it wasn't pulling away at all after the initial "warp speed" and that was just over a 200m run.

TX.

Snake Pliskin and oliquattro like this.
  33. Avatar

34. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Drag race on Top Gear last night had the Tesla 3 beat an M3 , Alpha quadra thingy but not quite the C63s
    Chris Harris said it’s only a matter of time before the big boys BMW, Merc etc start knocking out better EV cars utilising Elon Musk battery technology......

It pains me to say it but it’s gonna happen......

terminator x and Sandra like this.
  35. CHEZ

In all fairness I seen a tesla destroy an RS7 around Rockingham, granted not for long, because he pulled out onto the paddock as its batteries must have been toastie.
    But when it was out there nowt could touch it, lap times etc.
    I have a **** video somewhere but it's not worth posting.
    Ridiculously far away.
    Rockingham sucks.
    Irc the quickest cars were
    A white Tesla
    A purple RS7
    A blue RS3
    Then probably a diesel golf lol
    In that order
    About 10 cars out

36. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Yeah I had the same feeling in the Model X.

Warp speed up to 100mph. After that my S4 would probably catch up over a mile or two but the race has been won long ago. But who goes round doing death speeds on the roads? That’s racetrack speed. Like Harris said remarkable car, traffic light slayer but not perfect.

Basically 0-100, electric is unbeatable unless you’re spending millions.

Also the rolling acceleration is simply shocking and unbeatable unless you’re running about three turbos lol

I know they’re not for everyone but the acceleration is stupid funny.

terminator x likes this.
  37. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Yes of course Ze Germans will beat Tesla. They have decades experience and already have the recipe for quality.

How long it will take is a different matter though. Taycan is probably a Tesla Killer.

Also you can’t use the Tesla Supercharger network for other brands. You can’t quick charge your Audi in a Tesla space.

I reckon in about 20 years, Tesla will probably lease all their supercharger sites and sell motors and batteries to all manufacturers.

The clever thing about Tesla is they occupy land at service stations! They got in there way before anyone else.

Of course Tesla will never always be the best electric cars. But when the Roadster comes out in 2020 it will destroy every production car ever made. Faster than formula 1 for £200,000.

Will take years to beat that as a production car. It has 10,000 Nm of torque it’s unheard of.

38. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

The Model S uses older battery technology that overheats under very hard use.

The Model 3 and Model Y use a completely different architecture unlike any other manufacturer. This allows for a “track mode” where the batteries don’t overheat. You simply race until it runs out of juice. It allows more rear end bias and more aggressive regenerative braking.

Yes Audi have electric motors but nobody’s perform as well as Tesla’s and the range is way off. Tesla use glycol-cooling it’s like a super-high end PC lol. Just the way it is until they all start copying Tesla’s technology.

I have more interest in this technology than throwing turbos at massive engines now. Diminishing returns and ridiculous waste of fuel. Yeah they sound good, but I don’t really care any more.

If you strip out a Model S and upgrade the suspension and brakes, it is an absolute animal.

Too dear for me and the new Model S is on the way soon anyway. The Model X is also using the old battery architecture.

Basically Model 3 and Model Y are the game changer, more affordable, more practical Teslas.

Also worth mentioning that Elon put out over-the-air update with instant acceleration and top speed improvements lol. They just keep trying to push the envelope and i admire that. One day you wake up and your car is updated and quicker lol

CHEZ likes this.
  39. CHEZ

Just to clarify.
    The next TT replacement has been announced and confirmed as being all electric.
    We have already designed and built the next generation of wheel hubs for these at work
    It is happening people.
    Like it or not.
    Embrace the watts

oliquattro likes this.
  40. terminator x

Oh I agree but in a "real" situation with my own eyes the fastest Tesla available whilst ferocious off the line did not pull away after that initial surge. The model 3 is not in that league is my point so seeing it demolish similar cars on TG doesn't seem right to me.

TX.

oliquattro likes this.
  41. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Did you race the Model S several times? Maybe not pushing it

Model S P100D should really destroy an RS4. It does 0-60 in 2.28 and 0-100 and back to zero in 10 seconds. Supercar really. 700bhp and 1000Nm torque there abouts?

Definitely not saying an RS4 is slow....the RS4 will accelerate better over 110mph.

For example the Model S P100D does a 10.5 quarter mile at 125. RS4 does 12 seconds at maybe 130? The RS4 will probably cross the line going a faster speed, but still second.

Even the Model 3 P beats the RS4 in a quarter mile. It’s 200bhp less than the Model S but it’s lighter with better motors and batteries. Cheaper purchase price and doesn’t use petrol.

Weird how it works out, but simply can’t touch that off-the-line power it’s ****** scary lol. I find it more fun than just progressive acceleration, feels like being shot from a gun lol. As you say different strokes....that’s why my S4 feels slow. Too linear and progressive. I want aggression.

The Tesla isn’t perfect......but it is 100% a disruptive game changer that’s shook the car industry.

They feel more planted, lower centre of gravity, have less body roll.....but are heavier and stop slower. So pros and cons. I think they will be brilliant on roads.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  42. oliquattro

oliquattro Active Member

Off topic here I know....please forgive me baby Jesus......

But the new Top Gear is actually pretty funny.

That’s enough about that. ;)

43. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I’ll be honest, after watching this Spider-man promo if Audi are going to produce e-tron cars like this.......

I’m in.

oliquattro and CHEZ like this.