Terraclean

Shorty43

Reaction score
Hi all thinking about having my engine terracleaned is there anyone else had theres done, any good reasons not to have it done,s3 2001 169.000 on the clock still on original turbo,thanks

I've read a few posts on ukmkiv's site, most have made very little difference if any at all.

Is the 8L direct injection? As far as im led to believe terraclean doesnt work on direct injection.

Thanks for the comments might do a little more homework,the guy that does this uses it on his a3 1.8 t

Am i right in saying it de-coke the entire intake & exhaust system. Surely it would allow the engine to breathe better

Reactions: Shorty43
I had mine Terracleaned not long after ownership of my S3 after a recommendation from a friend with an 8P V6, he was raving on and on about how good it improved throttle response and BLAH BLAH BS... So I had my car Terracleaned....

I didn't notice any difference to be honest...

Better off filling your car up with Snake Oil... LOL >.<

Reactions: Shorty43
That's what they say it two types of fluid they run through your engine and exhaust to clean out all the carbon build ups and the fuel line is disconnected whilst they run the clean for about an hour

its a fuel system cleaner.. and does not go down the intake at all, so how can it clean up an intake it never passes by.

they do, so I've read, an intake cleaner also... but not seen that. Had a demo of the fuel system cleaner and it just runs off their fuel direct into your fuel lines... Runs hot as hell on the fast idle.. It was not an intake cleaner, and on the diesel 1.4 and my tfsi leon cupra I had demo on, it made Zero difference.

Reactions: mister.c., Shorty43 and HansfishS3
Probably have better results by ultrasonic cleaning your injectors, throttle body, MAF and ait sensor cleaning as well.

No sorry I didn't explain properly, I meant ultrasonic clean the injectors, but clean tb, maf and ait, in the conventional way, not ultrasonic cleaning.