1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Terraclean done but still overboost fault

CarbonMike Apr 16, 2016

1. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Registered User

Had a terraclean done today in attempt to cure an overboost issue on a 2.0 TDi BRE engine, had a mityvac on the actuator an all seems good there and also the vac diaphragm seems all good. Had a diagnostic check on the car before & after an all was good there also.

Now overboost occurs around 3200 revs or nearing a 3 figure speed but I get no flashing coil lights when this happens. Used to occur around 85mph on lower rpms.

Any idea's anybody?

On a plus side though, the terraclean guy said mine already had a dpf delete, so its probably had a remap too!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. tony mc

tony mc Registered User

my cars the same as yours mate, the only thing that fixed it when i was getting overboost issues was taking the turbo out and reconing it. also mine came from the factory without dpf i thought the bre 140 never had dpf ???

4. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Registered User

Good question ' how did he know it had a DPF delete' I'm alittle skeptable about terra clean personally,

5. tony mc

tony mc Registered User

i had it done both turbo/egr system and engine, car felt a little better but not worth the coin if you ask me

6. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Registered User

He was on about some sensor on the dpf can/cyclinder been removed or something along them lines.

Im not overly sure really, not up on diesel engines.... on a petrol inline, boxer or V8 i can fix or rebuild anything, diesel is not fortè!

7. tony mc

tony mc Registered User

the cat dos'nt have any sensors in it mate i took mine out, there's no lambda's on it or anything just a big pipe really with the catalyst in it