Tempted to change from PFL to FL

I'd take my time on this one and give it a good think over if I was you mate.
You've got your car to the way you've wanted it,cherished it, loved it and looked after it.and I bet you've never used it or opened it up to its full potential,and I'm the same.
All for someone else to snap it up and get the benefits from your labourers.
Oh test drove that RS4 today I was on about,amazing machine.BUT..........
My point exactly. My car is a minter, will be after 4 years never mind 16 months. PPF and GTechniq coating and looked after impeccably. Will see. Need some serious thought.

I hate to say it but I saw a Facebook post from a dealer today who have got a FL in as a demo. It showed a video of outside and inside exhaust sounds and it sounded very engineered. Not impressed I'm afraid. It had no depth and the time was very muted compared to the rasp of the PFL.

Reactions: AudiNutta
No doubt, PFL is the better sounding car. Raw, gruff and authentic. But the FL is quicker and ultimately will be the better engine. I guess it depends what your priorities are. I'll probably get mine mapped. I wonder how a mapped PFL would compare to a standard FL...

Do you know which dealer it was or have a link to the post ?

Reactions: AudiNutta
I love the sound of the PFL, but being a bit quieter has one bonus - I’ll annoy the neighbours a bit less!

In all other respects though, I think the FL is quite a step up from an already great car.

I love the sound of the PFL, but being a bit quieter has one bonus - I’ll annoy the neighbours a bit less!

In all other respects though, I think the FL is quite a step up from an already great car.

Didn't you cancel your order?

TX.

I hate to say it but I saw a Facebook post from a dealer today who have got a FL in as a demo. It showed a video of outside and inside exhaust sounds and it sounded very engineered. Not impressed I'm afraid. It had no depth and the time was very muted compared to the rasp of the PFL.

Not sure if you have seen, but there are as it turns out... secondary cats! So mine will be out ASAP.

I will do that first, then see how it sounds but I ultimately want it to sound like a standard PFL at minimum. But, I also don't want to be cutting open the backbox to do it.. not as if the exhaust is cheap, especially having paid £1000 for the sports option.

Reactions: Radman
Not sure if you have seen, but there are as it turns out... secondary cats! So mine will be out ASAP.

I will do that first, then see how it sounds but I ultimately want it to sound like a standard PFL at minimum. But, I also don't want to be cutting open the backbox to do it.. not as if the exhaust is cheap, especially having paid £1000 for the sports option.
Think warranty.

Think warranty.

Having this discussion with DOC on another post, secondary cats are just silencers apparently.
If anything happened, I'd just have them put back before warranty work. But my dealer touch wood is pretty good, well the one I use for servicing anyway.

It’s not cancelled yet....waiting to see what happens to the build date by the end of August.

Emotion got the better of me! Still frustrated though.

Speak to Audi head office of NZ, express your frustration. Strange, they set yours back so far and all the UK ones seemed to have moved forward slightly.

Speak to Audi head office of NZ, express your frustration. Strange, they set yours back so far and all the UK ones seemed to have moved forward slightly.
You took the words right out of my mouth, and exactly the message I relayed to my dealer and Audi NZ -- other markets build dates are coming forward, not further out. It has been escalated to the top of Audi NZ -- but the issue is with Audi AG, my options, and NZ allocation -- or so they reckon. RS3 SB demonstrators have build dates late August and ETA early November.

One of the downsides of being in NZ -- shipping time from Hungary to Auckland is significant!

You took the words right out of my mouth, and exactly the message I relayed to my dealer and Audi NZ -- other markets build dates are coming forward, not further out. It has been escalated to the top of Audi NZ -- but the issue is with Audi AG, my options, and NZ allocation -- or so they reckon. RS3 SB demonstrators have build dates late August and ETA early November.

One of the downsides of being in NZ -- shipping time from Hungary to Auckland is significant!

This is a bit of a nightmare! There has to be an allocation sooner in NZ? Can't they edit one of the demonstrator orders for you? They told me here in the U.K. My order would be 8 weeks later than expected because of Exclusive, instead it's earlier than expected.

In a good month, shipping can take less than 2 weeks from Germany to the UK.