Tempory car insurance ??

D4YEW

Reaction score
Hi have recently bought a s3 :) i have a vw golf that i now need to insure, until i sell it over the next few weeks. I also need to tax it in the next few days, does anyone know any companies that offer a tempory policy ? that will cover me for it to be sat on the drive and say 20 miles for the month, so i can take potential buyers on a test drive ?? Thanks

Is there a number i can ring ?? as i put 25 days cover in and they wanted 260.00 which seems steep as i only paid 500.00 for the year ? Thanks

tbh, you'd probably be best off just taking out normal cover - temporary cover is meant to be a couple of days thing - more than a few weeks and you're paying more than for annual cover.

Most policies allow you to cancel at any time with a full pro-rata discount (although if you make a claim, you can't cancel)

So take it out for £500 (probably less if you put in very low mileage), then if you sell it in a couple of months you get £420 of that back... less than you'd pay for a couple of weeks of temporary cover. If you can find a monthly rolling contract, that works even better.